Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Hire Phil Housley as Assistant Coach

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
We are talking about Chayka here.

Or are we? This is Tocchet's staff after all and while Chayka makes the hires unless the coach is on some sort of probation(IE this aspect is a problem you must take Assistant X/Y/Z) he probably gets a lot of say in his staff, this kinda seems like a FoT(Friends of Tocchet) situation.

Or Allen has just made it known he's leaving.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We apparently hired Phil Housley.
So, we have RT and Phil Housley, both great players, both have losing records in coaching. Damn, I forgot about our third coach, what's his name again.;)The only positive that might come out of this is the new owner comes in and starts fresh.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Housley was responsible for the PP while in Nashville. It finished 12th, 25th, 10th, and 16th over his four years there.

Housley was still owed 2 mil over the next 2 years from Buffalo. I wonder what we paid him to walk away from that, even if we made him "whole".

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I dont agree with all the Chayka hate at all. He's earned my trust. Domi trade aside i like almost everything he has done. And even the Domi trade wasnt bad imo.
He keeps on trading. Can't he just let the players at least get use to each other. With the injuries we had last year how in hell can he evaluate what we have and how they play together.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Wow... If we start the season losing Allen on D... Keep MacLean on offense and do this with Housley then I really have no idea wtf they are using to determine "success".

I'll wait and see but... Don't get it so far.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Housley was responsible for the PP while in Nashville. It finished 12th, 25th, 10th, and 16th over his four years there.

Housley was still owed 2 mil over the next 2 years from Buffalo. I wonder what we paid him to walk away from that, even if we made him "whole".
That's pretty good actually. Maybe I made a rush judgement on the hire. Someone also mentioned that Allen might want to leave. Who the hell knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->