Confirmed with Link: Coyotes fire Steve Sullivan

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It seems to me that this could be related to is a contingency for a reduced sentence on the prospect testing scandal or some revelation concerning Sullivan’s misconduct pertaining to the Chayka/New Jersey scandal.

In either event the timing is explained, and the lack of any comment is explained.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It seems to me that this could be related to is a contingency for a reduced sentence on the prospect testing scandal or some revelation concerning Sullivan’s misconduct pertaining to the Chayka/New Jersey scandal.

In either event the timing is explained, and the lack of any comment is explained.
Or something new and exciting that hasn't hit the rumour mill yet. Either way, something new developed. Even in the event of a rift with the new boss, they would have simply let him work out the rest of his contract in obscurity instead of adding to the optics problem that plagues the franchise.

Reactions: Jakey53

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
Isn't it that Sully and Tocc can't stand each other?
So, it's three wins out of his buddy Berube just enough to win the power battle?

Too much conspiracy?..

Reactions: Kaizen and cobra427

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Did he accidently mention Johnny Hamburgler's name in a meeting?

Reactions: Kaizen

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
From the mains...
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u5.jpg

I laughed out loud.

It could be something nonhockey related as well. DUI, DV, caught with a Wendy's frosty. All could be zero -tolerance under Armstrong.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Must relate to prospect testing.

People don't get fired for which kid they picked in the 3rd round.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hahahaha there's a modern journalist for you. "I'm not surprised he was fired. I mean, he wouldn't give me an interview. ME!"
Or perhaps he’s just referencing an unexpected deviation from a long standing precedent. If Sullivan and others in similar roles have always been available until very recently when Sullivan went dark, I’d say that’s telling. Especially if he was the only one.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Or perhaps he’s just referencing an unexpected deviation from a long standing precedent. If Sullivan and others in similar roles have always been available until very recently when Sullivan went dark, I’d say that’s telling. Especially if he was the only one.

Overanalysis of a joke, they name is "rt"

Reactions: rt

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
From the mains...

I laughed out loud.

It could be something nonhockey related as well. DUI, DV, caught with a Wendy's frosty. All could be zero -tolerance under Armstrong.

This. Dallas did the same with Montgomery.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Has to be related to the testing scandal or the Mitchell Miller pick. The coyotes were said to be doing an internal review of how that pick came to be back in November and maybe this is the result of such an investigation.

Sullivan did run our draft after all so it’s not like BA was never on his side.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Guessing BA was not impressed with his handling of trade talks prior to his arrival plus he had some involvement in the Miller pick.

Weird to do it in the middle of the season so abruptly.

Also, a termination of the contract requires cause as opposed to firing soooo

Reactions: Canis Latrans

CanadianCoyote

Oct 11, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Guessing this is related to the internal investigation that happened surrounding Chayka's regime; maybe something's been concluded from that that would lead to the Coyotes having cause to fire Sullivan.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Guessing BA was not impressed with his handling of trade talks prior to his arrival plus he had some involvement in the Miller pick.

Weird to do it in the middle of the season so abruptly.

Also, a termination of the contract requires cause as opposed to firing soooo
Termination does not require cause. You can terminate any employee without cause. The employee might have rights that are in place to protect him, like still getting paid. For him to not get paid, it has to be a pretty egregious violation the way employment law works these days, the courts generally side with the employee.

Reactions: Surfshop

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3