Confirmed with Link: Coyotes fire Steve Sullivan

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I would like the assure the admins I'll be the last on speculating why. But I'm curious about what this means for the team. Has he been vital in, say, the good play against the Blues?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Feels like if this isn’t related to the Miller pick or the prospect testing, then there is some new drama we don’t know about yet. Ugh.

If it had been related to those two issues, I'm sure he'd have been gone way earlier. The verbiage - "terminated" rather than "mutual parting of the ways" or "released" or etc. - does seem to indicate something sudden and unpleasant.

Reactions: Jakey53

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
lol...jesus christ...the gong show telethon continues on into hour 487239087.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Granted English isn't my native language, but terminated (as in the article) doesn't sound nearly as severe as fired (as in the post title)? Sounds like it could be mutual, no?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Granted English isn't my native language, but terminated (as in the article) doesn't sound nearly as severe as fired (as in the post title)? Sounds like it could be mutual, no?

In corporate speak, "terminated" means involuntary loss of position, generally with prejudice. Very very rarely will a corporation use the word "fired" in any official communications. "Terminated" is the accepted public synonym for this.

And it should be mentioned that when a contract termination is mutual, both parties go well out of their way to include that word in all of their reporting on it.

British yote

May 16, 2014
England
Clean out everyone who was in the front office when the draft scandal happened to get our pick back? That way it would seem to the league we don’t have any information that could give us an advantage?

Reactions: RemoAZ

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

In sports euphemisms, terminated is pretty much equal to fired. It's basically get out.

"Mutally parted ways" is the more smiley face term for we don't get along anymore let's end it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad