Post-Game Talk: Coyotes at Avalanche 7PM MST | Please sir, may we have some goals?

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
idk about you guys, but I am soaking my sorrows in some ice cream.

No booze for me, as I am not the legal age........... :sarcasm:

Or I ran out.

I'm rocking the iced tea.

16-si-robertson-with-cup.jpg

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
After he's gone a while or after an off-season, we always think we are getting a top 4 dman back,because this is what management wants us to believe, but the reality is every time he comes back from injuries he sucks a #5-6 at best. Holden out is a good thing though. The question is who takes Barrie, Guenin, Sarich and Benoit spots

I still haven't given up on Barrie.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
adater @adater
Duchene said he's not bothered by oblique injury right now. Puck just not going in

I hope he's lying. If it was just about the puck not going in for him, I wouldn't even be concerned. He's having a lot of trouble handling the puck and making/receiving passes right now.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Just overall thoughts:

EJ played great, but made a few mistakes. He got too excited on the first PK and ran out of position in the neutral zone. That's what started the play on the first goal and why he doesn't really play the PK. I'm happy that Roy just said "**** it" and put him out there a ton though.

Holden and Guenin must fill each others skates with cement prior to games.

I thought McGinn played well, but saw him getting trashed on here while I was at the game. His effort is there, but he's gripping his stick real right. He needs to play with someone who can set him up for his shot.

Is it a big surprise that a team struggles when their entire top 6 goes to ****?

I would love to deal Mitchell for a guy like Nikitin. Both UFA's, and Columbus has a lot of defense and wants some offense.

Duchene can say he's not hurt, but he is. He had ROR and Mitchell taking faceoffs when they were out there with him.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I still haven't given up on Barrie.

I would be ok trading him if he could be used as the main component in a trade that brought the Avs back an established top 4 defensemen between the ages of 24 to 30. Same could be said for Elliott and Siemens too.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I would be ok trading him if he could be used as the main component in a trade that brought the Avs back an established top 4 defensemen between the ages of 24 to 30. Same could be said for Elliott and Siemens too.

None of them have that value. Trading Barrie now is selling low.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
adater @adater
Duchene said he's not bothered by oblique injury right now. Puck just not going in

I hope he's lying. If it was just about the puck not going in for him, I wouldn't even be concerned. He's having a lot of trouble handling the puck and making/receiving passes right now.

Puck not going in the net? He only had one shot tonight and I don't even remember it.

Him over spinning, and not having the strength to skate away afterwards, and the amount of times he loses puck battles scream that he doesn't have the core strength he did at the beginning of the year.

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
adater @adater

He's gotta be injured right now. You don't go from being our best player and damn near a lock to being on the team Canada roster to being outworked by Johnny Malkin from just a lack of luck.

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
Didn't watch this game. Did Duchene play like he is a one man team again? It seems since his injury he's been trying to do too much by himself.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Problems with team:
1) Can't cycle
2) Avs defensemen minus Johnson are not creative enough with the puck in the offensive zone
3) Duchene, Landy, and Stastny

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Problems with team:
1) Can't cycle
2) Avs defensemen minus Johnson are not creative enough with the puck in the offensive zone
3) Duchene

Duchene has been really bad and it's hurting us but we know he's still hurt. If he gets listed as a problem, then so should everyone else in the top six. At least Duchene has the injury excuse for his garbage play.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Roy has every right to be angry, we're not giving 100%.

Also, Army always has the same slightly squinted like he's focusing look no his face.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is it time to give Elliott a look? What else can they do? Too bad there are no offensive prospects in Lake Erie that can jump start the offense.

Something I thought of today, Duchene knows the clock is ticking for him to make the Olympic team. He knows he has to score goals this month, it is probably weighing on him very heavily. I'm not saying its a good excuse but that's probably what is happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad