Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I wonder if Connor Murphy is about to be traded as part of a larger Columbus Chicago trade involving Seth Jones? Can we intervene?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I’ve been thinking a lot about Jonathan Drouin. One of my favorite junior players ever. He was being praised this year for improving his play away from the puck and his work rate. Then, suddenly, he’s LTIR for a “Personal LOA” and neither the team nor the player provide any comment at any point. It has been reported that his teammates have stayed in touch and were texting him along the way during their Cinderella Cup run. There’s been a lot of speculation that he’s struggling with the market and his issue may be geographical in nature.

He’s a guy with an unbelievable amount of untapped talent. He’s got some issues apparently. I thought about him when we hired Tourigny. I wonder if he’s the guy who can get through to Drouin and be the guy who finally gets the most out of him. I would guess the acquisition cost is about zero.
Isn’t Drouin suffering from anxiety and/or depression? Both can be treated but the time to figure out medication can take a bit of time.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
You are telling me the Montreal media haven’t cracked this case? The Montreal media that used to have photos of Guy Carbonneau on the golf course in July?
Are you implying it’s easier to get sealed medical records than take pictures of someone on a golf course?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
If Drouin was basically free why not but I wouldn't want to trade much to get him. I don't know what all is going on with the kid and I hope he figures it out but first the drama in Tampa and now in Montreal...yeah no bueno, Coyotes already have a huge reclamation project...themselves. haha

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
I can’t see the Yotes being sellers or Tankers. Would be a death sentence. If we tank hate to say this but it will be to relocate.

If they are truly staying they have to build something competitive now.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I can’t see the Yotes being sellers or Tankers. Would be a death sentence. If we tank hate to say this but it will be to relocate.

If they are truly staying they have to build something competitive now.
Doubt it. Meruelo knew when he bought the team that it was his key to the online gaming in Arizona. He relocates and then he loses a huge potential revenue. Remember, Meruelo makes his living in the gaming industry.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
There is nothing wrong with us tanking this year for Wright. It won't damage anything as we've been here before and completely screwed it up.

Getting Wright would be 'huge' for the franchise, a true #1 Center, yeah, it would be well worth the losing. It will also give Jenik & Maccelli and Hayton time to advance their skills. Soderstrom is making the team out of camp, that is a certainty in my mind. Hayton I think doesn't make it, but hopefully I'm wrong and he shocks everyone.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Good point but you need to build a sustainable fan base. I worry we lose what we have built the last few years, don’t know if the fan base can survive a tank. That includes advertising and arena deals.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Good point but you need to build a sustainable fan base. I worry we lose what we have built the last few years, don’t know if the fan base can survive a tank. That includes advertising and arena deals.

Just think of the rejuvenation that would occur if we actually happened to luck out and get Wright. We need high end talent and Wright is certainly that. We've been bad before and the fan base has stuck with it, we'll be fine.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Seeing Giordano, Lucic, and now Erik Johnson all waive their NMCs for the expansion draft is frustrating to me. Ownership and management has been making it abundantly clear to OEL that they want him out of here. Now we get reports that he also wants out. Why can't he just waive his NMC for Seattle? I'm not sure they'd even take him, but it's worth a shot. I'd be thrilled to lose OEL in the expansion draft. Imagine Seattle with Gio and OEL on their blueline, and OEL gets a fresh start, and Arizona gets out of that contract 100% with no dumps; it's win-win-win.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Seeing Giordano, Lucic, and now Erik Johnson all waive their NMCs for the expansion draft is frustrating to me. Ownership and management has been making it abundantly clear to OEL that they want him out of here. Now we get reports that he also wants out. Why can't he just waive his NMC for Seattle? I'm not sure they'd even take him, but it's worth a shot. I'd be thrilled to lose OEL in the expansion draft. Imagine Seattle with Gio and OEL on their blueline, and OEL gets a fresh start, and Arizona gets out of that contract 100% with no dumps; it's win-win-win.
Are you sure Seattle wouldn't otherwise trade for him and give us back real assets? And depending on how Seattle picks, could it be more than Oliver going to Seattle? Waiving when you don't have enough players to bother protect doesn't make any sense. A hockey trade to a team who just collected 30 new contracts and has multiple deals on the side and this is before free agency. Can Kessel be included? Other assets? IMO, if GMBA wants to make an impact on the next season, he has to make a hockey deal with Seattle, there just seems to more opportunities for roster building that way then through free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad