Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I would not do that trade. OEL may not be anything near what he used to be, but neither is Lucic, and diminished returns for the former are way more valuable to us than the diminished returns of the latter.
Lucic has a paid signing bonus and only two years. It could be Gerald Diduck or Bob Corkum on the same deal and I’d accept.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Quick Poll:

In this hypothetical situation, you know that the ONLY trade offer you will receive for OEL at any point this off-season is Milan Lucic for OEL, straight-up. Do you do it?

YES or NO

Me? I’m doing it.
Not a chance. Lucic has a NTC and he won't waive it to come to this shit show anyway.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I would not do that trade. OEL may not be anything near what he used to be, but neither is Lucic, and diminished returns for the former are way more valuable to us than the diminished returns of the latter.

It's equivalent to a $6.5m buyout of OEL. Even less if you flip him to a playoff team 50% retained. Super easy yes. The $8m cash saved in the first year is just the start and will get you one or two nice players on top of Lucic.

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Armstrong has managed one trade his year long GM career thus far. I would be shocked if he could manage to trade away most of our top end players in a matter of months like some posters think he is capable of.

The $8m cash saved in the first year is just the start and will get you one or two nice players on top of Lucic.

But in reality it will just be 2-3 more 4th line player like Larsson or Pitlick. Remember when everyone thought we were turning Stepan's cap hit into a more valuable player and then ended up with a half price shell of a Brassard?

Reactions: Jakey53

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
But in reality it will just be 2-3 more 4th line player like Larsson or Pitlick. Remember when everyone thought we were turning Stepan's cap hit into a more valuable player and then ended up with a half price shell of a Brassard?

Stepan was traded super late in the process (after eating his bonus). It's a lot easier to use the money if you actually have it to spend when free agency opens or even by the draft.

I'd rather have Lucic plus the $43.5m (at minimum) back to the franchise.

Reactions: moosemeister and rt

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
More concerned about this Bunting FA shit than anything to do with OEL I sincerely hope he doesn't test FA because if he does I can't think of a way he comes back to us.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
More concerned about this Bunting FA shit than anything to do with OEL I sincerely hope he doesn't test FA because if he does I can't think of a way he comes back to us.

I don’t think any team offers more than we do honestly. Go out, find your value, and bring it back to BA. I don’t see Bunting leaving to be honest. Not many teams will give him term or a high salary based off 20 games in the NHL.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I don’t think any team offers more than we do honestly. Go out, find your value, and bring it back to BA. I don’t see Bunting leaving to be honest. Not many teams will give him term or a high salary based off 20 games in the NHL.
Except, maybe, a team that currently doesn't have a roster. Are there going to be enough decent forwards to expose? I still think Bunting ends up in Seattle.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I could see a team with high end talent giving him a one way and trying him higher in lineup, no real risk for team. If Bunting succeeds he turns it into higher contract next time. Think Oilers and playing with one of the 2 centers kinda thing.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I could see a team with high end talent giving him a one way and trying him higher in lineup, no real risk for team. If Bunting succeeds he turns it into higher contract next time. Think Oilers and playing with one of the 2 centers kinda thing.
I see Bunting going home to Toronto as the replacement for Hyman. He gets to play on Matthews wing.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I see Bunting going home to Toronto as the replacement for Hyman. He gets to play on Matthews wing.
It's better for you to write that one!!! :) he does have a unique opportunity to get a one way and possibly parlay that into bigger opportunity. Even Tampa might be in the market for cheaper help.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I don't really follow your logic. If other teams want Bunting more than Bill does then they'll do what it takes to get him.

Maybe there's a handshake agreement and the contract will be signed after the X-draft. If that doesn't happen then who knows where he ends up.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Agent spouting off again. The Coyotes I would think value him more than other teams, and let's be honest, he has pretty much got a spot for himself on the Yotes where he will get more TOI than anywhere else because of our talent.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Maybe, but other organizations also have players on their farm team that may be able to fill that role. Let's not forget that Bunting didn't do anything on team Canada, as least what I have read, and he could still bomb out at the NHL level. This is no sure thing and I wouldn't open the wallet for him.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
FWIW, in Friedman's latest 32 Thoughts, he says that Christian Dvorak is generating a lot of league-wide interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad