Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Got it. Gonna be a fun few weeks! Haha
Seattle can offer any non-protective impending UFA 8 years too during those 4 days. Not saying they would for Bunting, but I do wonder if that extra year may help to entice someone?
I'm expecting a lot of activity before the entry draft and during the draft.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Maybe, but other organizations also have players on their farm team that may be able to fill that role. Let's not forget that Bunting didn't do anything on team Canada, as least what I have read, and he could still bomb out at the NHL level. This is no sure thing and I wouldn't open the wallet for him.
I hope you are smarter than to suggest no team would put a million dollar value on a decent sized 25 year old player who has proven he isn't afraid to get his nose dirty rather than throw their kids with higher ceilings into the cooker??

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I hope you are smarter than to suggest no team would put a million dollar value on a decent sized 25 year old player who has proven he isn't afraid to get his nose dirty rather than throw their kids with higher ceilings into the cooker??
I think Bunting will get more $$ than a million. Bunting is still a very big risk though as his sample size is very small.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I think Bunting will get more $$ than a million. Bunting is still a very big risk though as his sample size is very small.
Well that's a different argument. I posted that someone might give him a one way deal and play him high up the lineup giving him a great opportunity to earn a bigger payday next time.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Would not be super shocked if a team offers Bunting 3m. Doubt it happens, but it's a possibility. If I were Bunting, and a team with high cap space and a spot to play offered me a decent amount I'd probably take that over whatever the Coyotes offer. Depends on what the management has said though.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Would not be super shocked if a team offers Bunting 3m. Doubt it happens, but it's a possibility. If I were Bunting, and a team with high cap space and a spot to play offered me a decent amount I'd probably take that over whatever the Coyotes offer. Depends on what the management has said though.
Nobody os offering. bunting $3M. Nobody. 30% scoring percentage is not sustainable and GM’s are not stupid. Max $1.5M on a one-way. My beat guess is $1.2M.

Reactions: Jakey53

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I just realized Tocchet showed up for his interview with a PowerPoint and Armstrong showed up for his with a 75 page dissertation

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I just realized Tocchet showed up for his interview with a PowerPoint and Armstrong showed up for his with a 75 page dissertation
Rumors that Tocchet is going to take the vacant assistant job in Toronto. Four years later, he’s interviewing to be the assistant for Keefe, who many of us had on our short list after Tippett left. Funny how things turn out.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Rumors that Tocchet is going to take the vacant assistant job in Toronto. Four years later, he’s interviewing to be the assistant for Keefe, who many of us had on our short list after Tippett left. Funny how things turn out.
Those rumors are getting louder but I have trouble understanding how Dubas and Tocchet sit down for a meeting and come away on the same team? They don't see compatible???

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’ve been thinking a lot about Jonathan Drouin. One of my favorite junior players ever. He was being praised this year for improving his play away from the puck and his work rate. Then, suddenly, he’s LTIR for a “Personal LOA” and neither the team nor the player provide any comment at any point. It has been reported that his teammates have stayed in touch and were texting him along the way during their Cinderella Cup run. There’s been a lot of speculation that he’s struggling with the market and his issue may be geographical in nature.

He’s a guy with an unbelievable amount of untapped talent. He’s got some issues apparently. I thought about him when we hired Tourigny. I wonder if he’s the guy who can get through to Drouin and be the guy who finally gets the most out of him. I would guess the acquisition cost is about zero.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Those rumors are getting louder but I have trouble understanding how Dubas and Tocchet sit down for a meeting and come away on the same team? They don't see compatible???
Now you know why your team are called the Maple Laughs. :)

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think if you were to build a player who is basically the exact opposite of what Bill Armstrong wants, that player would look a lot like Jonathan Drouin.

Reactions: Heldig

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I’ve been thinking a lot about Jonathan Drouin. One of my favorite junior players ever. He was being praised this year for improving his play away from the puck and his work rate. Then, suddenly, he’s LTIR for a “Personal LOA” and neither the team nor the player provide any comment at any point. It has been reported that his teammates have stayed in touch and were texting him along the way during their Cinderella Cup run. There’s been a lot of speculation that he’s struggling with the market and his issue may be geographical in nature.

He’s a guy with an unbelievable amount of untapped talent. He’s got some issues apparently. I thought about him when we hired Tourigny. I wonder if he’s the guy who can get through to Drouin and be the guy who finally gets the most out of him. I would guess the acquisition cost is about zero.
IF it is done as a cap dump move for the Habs (ie very cheap or being paid to take his contract) I am all for adding talent. the team needs more talent.

Reactions: Art.Vandelay

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
If the Yotes aren't going to go with the competitive route next couple of seasons, I'm with ducky on taking him as a cap dump or something. His contract is 5.5 mil per year and he scored 2 goals last season in 44 games as a winger.

If the Yotes are looking to be competitive... idk if I'd go with him, personally.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016

I think this forum would explode having another soft small winger in the top 6. I like the idea but not for our team.

If we get him, trade Schmaltz+Keller+ for a legit 1C then sure. But not with the current roster make up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad