Post-Game Talk: Coyote problem in Kanata, Tues. 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Seems to me that GB and PD have a really hard time hurting players' feelings and are more concerned with not pissing any of the players off. They are in the wrong business.
and saving face.... They are in the wrong business for more reasons than that though

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
My son was yelling "what are they doing?!!" during that entire sequence. Like it was painfully obvious that neither Boro nor Ceci had any clue where to be or what to do.
Oh, and if you find film of the 5 seconds before that sequence you will see Zack Smith do a lazy half assed poke check and then a huge fly by turn around and drift slowly into the zone with no urgency or thought. Then he slams his stick in frustration. Where was that emotion 10 seconds earlier? I simply can't stand watching Zack Smith play anymore. Or Boro. Or Ceci.

Sigh
with ya brother

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Seems to me that GB and PD have a really hard time hurting players' feelings and are more concerned with not pissing any of the players off. They are in the wrong business.

Seems to me that they, and the players, are adults, and all know it's a business, and not high-school, and feelings, saving face and pissing off doesn't factor in, in anyway.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Seems to me that they, and the players, are adults, and all know it's a business, and not high-school, and feelings, saving face and pissing off doesn't factor in, in anyway.
I guess the coach and GM are just blind or stupid then. Struggling to scratch Tom Pyatt or scale back Cody Ceci's ice time, while taking the easy road and scratching a young guy instead seems like someone who is scared of a reaction.

Reactions: branch

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
When you have a shit defense, you have to play as many of them as possible, let's dress all 7!- Boucher's logic.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
My son was yelling "what are they doing?!!" during that entire sequence. Like it was painfully obvious that neither Boro nor Ceci had any clue where to be or what to do.
Oh, and if you find film of the 5 seconds before that sequence you will see Zack Smith do a lazy half assed poke check and then a huge fly by turn around and drift slowly into the zone with no urgency or thought. Then he slams his stick in frustration. Where was that emotion 10 seconds earlier? I simply can't stand watching Zack Smith play anymore. Or Boro. Or Ceci.

Sigh
I can imagine if Phillips (even the old "pointing" version of him, which I wasn't a fan of) was standing where Ceci was standing. He'd be taking the body (Stepan's) instead of worrying about the puck.

There's no specific skill that Phillips had that Ceci doesn't have. The difference is purely the defensive instincts. Ceci has all the wrong instincts.

And offensively, what was said about him telegraphing every action is dead on. Then again Phillips was exactly like that and yet he managed to have a long and decent career. Ceci can be turned into Phillips with proper coaching. Or maybe that ship has sailed.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I'm sure it's been discussed at length in this thread already but boy was that 3rd Coyotes goal one of the saddest displays of defending I've ever seen at the NHL level. The fly-by from Smith in the neutral zone + the utter failure to read a simple give-and-go play from Ceci and Boro. Get these idiots off the team.

Edit - yep I see it's been covered.

If any of the scouts who were in the building last night came to watch Ceci they have probably been scared off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad