O.png
vs :coyotes

Last one of the month, before the "All-Star Game"

cut.jpg

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Saw a last minute promotion for this game purchase 1 adult ticket, up to 4 kids tickets free under 12.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Quick inquiry (not sure in which thread I can ask this so here it is...):

In a previous game, I believe it was against the Avalanche on Wednesday, the AVS removed their goaltender during their pp for a 6 on 4. I don’t remember seeing this before aside from when it happens during a delayed penalty, but this was during the entire pp. I was wondering how long this has been ruled in... I don’t recall seeing this before.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer

In a previous game, I believe it was against the Avalanche on Wednesday, the AVS removed their goaltender during their pp for a 6 on 4. I don’t remember seeing this before aside from when it happens during a delayed penalty, but this was during the entire pp. I was wondering how long this has been ruled in... I don’t recall seeing this before.
Someone can correct me when I’m wrong, but I don’t think there’s ever been a rule about when you can or can’t pull your goalie. I think it’s a risk/reward balance that a coach has to make.

There was a recent study - pure math - that said if you’re ever behind, you have a marginally better chance to win if you pull the goal early. Even if you have an empty netter scores against you, you’re still better off playing with 6 skaters.

In the case above, I think it makes a lot of sense, if you think you can keep control of the puck. If your PP sux, then you shouldn’t do it.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

It happens pretty much every time these days when there's a PP with less than 2 minutes to go. I'm not a big fan because defense can try to score from the d-zone without worrying about icing.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Happens fairly regularly: teams are allowed to pull the goalie for an extra skater at any time.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

They did that yes, but it was with about 4 mins remaining in the 3rd period. Might as well double down at that point.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Saw a last minute promotion for this game purchase 1 adult ticket, up to 4 kids tickets free under 12.

I remember many people saying that the "family atmosphere" was a complete buzz kill for the hockey experience. Glad to see theyve learned.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I remember many people saying that the "family atmosphere" was a complete buzz kill for the hockey experience. Glad to see theyve learned.

It is for me personally and I have a young family but I understand why they operate this way, this particular promotion was clearly a last minute decision and is attempting to bump up ticket sales and more so rely on parking and concessions profit etc...an honest youth promotion would have been based around say the back to back 2pm home games at the end of the holidays and certainly not a 730 Tuesday night game.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It is for me personally and I have a young family but I understand why they operate this way, this particular promotion was clearly a last minute decision and is attempting to bump up ticket sales and more so rely on parking and concessions profit etc...an honest youth promotion would have been based around say the back to back 2pm home games at the end of the holidays and certainly not a 730 Tuesday night game.

This promotion was announced about a week ago, on social media, so not really "last minute".

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
This promotion was announced about a week ago, on social media, so not really "last minute".

Actually, yes that is in fact last minute in regards to marketing and promotions especially for a promotion that involves bringing in children....see the 67' recent "Dunder Mifflin Night" promotional night and more so the timelines which the details, advertisements etc... were released (a month ahead of time) this is an example of a properly run and well thought out promo campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad