Post-Game Talk: Coyote problem in Kanata, Tues. 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
They out-defended us. Not much else to be said. Man Ceci was having such a great game until his brain shut off and he made that absolutely peewee level effort of "defense." Or Anderson being sucked in by Panik's force of gravity he almost tilted the ice.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Nilsson is a better option right now. Obviously.
Hope he hasn’t lost his mojo

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Neither the 2nd nor 3rd Arizona goals were hugely outrageous but neither were particularly strong either. Anderson needed to make a play on one of those. He didn't and that's the difference between poihts and no points. At least for me there are too many games this year where i could say that.

Idk...we're on a decent roll, our #1 comes back and we're on a 2 game losing streak.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Neither the 2nd nor 3rd Arizona goals were hugely outrageous but neither were particularly strong either. Anderson needed to make a play on one of those. He didn't and that's the difference between poihts and no points. At least for me there are too many games this year where i could say that.

Idk...we're on a decent roll, our #1 comes back and we're on a 2 game losing streak.
The difference last night was 11 and 7. Boro was directly responsible for two goals against while missing a tap in empty net. Then when the team is down they bench Wolanin and play Boro. It was truly incredible to watch.

Zack Smith was also horrid last night. It was obvious early he wasnt going. Still got tons of icetime. That third goal was such piss poor defense from Smith Boro and Ceci none of them belonged in an NHL lineup last night.

Thats on the coach, he is not paying attention at this point he is just riding out the season and playing his veterans.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I like Guy but this year he coach like he don t want to put vets against him. He play the good guys. If it was Julien he put Boro Smith Ceci a couple of time in healhty scratch. One i hope he have a chance its Bob Hartley. He is good with young
Last coach they need is Hartley. He is a nut job and not in touch with todays players. However with Dorion in charge i wouldnt be suprised.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
How can anyone with 2 functioning human eyes watch #5 and say "Yes that's acceptable". JUST HOW!!!

If you are one of those people then you should be no where near an NHL franchise making important decisions.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The difference last night was 11 and 7. Boro was directly responsible for two goals against while missing a tap in empty net. Then when the team is down they bench Wolanin and play Boro. It was truly incredible to watch.

Zack Smith was also horrid last night. It was obvious early he wasnt going. Still got tons of icetime. That third goal was such piss poor defense from Smith Boro and Ceci none of them belonged in an NHL lineup last night.

Thats on the coach, he is not paying attention at this point he is just riding out the season and playing his veterans.

If it is 12 and 6 Wolanin is watching from the press box.

Personally i don't think the goal off the end boards happens with Nilsson. I also don't think you see many NHL goalies take themselves out of position like Anderson did on the 3rd goal. That is something that he does when imo his confidence is low. That said Ceci was too weak on that 3rd goal also.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If it is 12 and 6 Wolanin is watching from the press box.

Personally i don't think the goal off the end boards happens with Nilsson. I also don't think you see many NHL goalies take themselves out of position like Anderson did on the 3rd goal. That is something that he does when imo his confidence is low. That said Ceci was too weak on that 3rd goal also.

The bolded portion is exactly the problem. Especially considering Boro is coming off an injury when the team has a full week off after the game and they have played well without him in the lineup. Horrid coaching decisions with an inability to properly evaluate a roster.

The 2nd goal was a weird one couldnt even tell if it went in or not on T.V. Hard to say if that goes in on Nilson or not. Anderson struggles with goal line and behind the net plays so you might be right.

The third goal was on all 3 of Boro Ceci and Smith not Anderson whatsoever. They did a give and go in the slot and no one took anyone. Smith had a piss poor effort boro tried to take both players Ceci took no one. Dont know how anyone blames the goalie on that one. What was anderson supposed to do? Just let panik shoot the puck into an open net or predict ceci wouldnt take his man?....

Reactions: DrEasy

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Did Boucher give his reasoning for not pulling Anderson with 9 seconds left? I am genuinely curious
Does anyone in the local media even ask any questions or do the just nod with everything GB says? Its very lazy reporting if you ask me, these local media guys are really bad at this. With so many questions from last night's game, why does the local media let GB off the hook day on and day out?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I do agree with Boucher that this break will do a lot of good to the rookies/kids who've played a lot of hockey already and aren't used to the NHL grind, Tkachuk especially.

A number of them will be sent to Belleville and get some playing time, and now that a lot of the prospects have had themselves a fair number of NHL games each, it'll be interesting to see who is brought back up, and left down, after the break, to head to Pittsburgh.

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
The game moves too fast for Ceci's brain. Almost every play he makes is telegraphed. He's like a wounded antelope out there with tigers closing him down. Oh the carnage!!

Reactions: DrEasy and Icelevel

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The bolded portion is exactly the problem. Especially considering Boro is coming off an injury when the team has a full week off after the game and they have played well without him in the lineup. Horrid coaching decisions with an inability to properly evaluate a roster.

The 2nd goal was a weird one couldnt even tell if it went in or not on T.V. Hard to say if that goes in on Nilson or not. Anderson struggles with goal line and behind the net plays so you might be right.

The third goal was on all 3 of Boro Ceci and Smith not Anderson whatsoever. They did a give and go in the slot and no one took anyone. Smith had a piss poor effort boro tried to take both players Ceci took no one. Dont know how anyone blames the goalie on that one. What was anderson supposed to do? Just let panik shoot the puck into an open net or predict ceci wouldnt take his man?....

For sure all 3 players stood and watched but wtf was Anderson doing in that position? He should not have been that far out when the puck carrier has no angle. The puck went into an empty net because Andy overplayed the puck carrier.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
A number of them will be sent to Belleville and get some playing time, and now that a lot of the prospects have had themselves a fair number of NHL games each, it'll be interesting to see who is brought back up, and left down, after the break, to head to Pittsburgh.
Players going to Belleville for the break - Wolanin, Balcers
Players who should be going to Belleville for the break - EVERYONE WHO CAN (Tkachuk, Lajoie, Wolanin, Balcers, am I missing anyone?)

Lajoie has been a disaster of late, send him to Belleville just to get him away from Cody Ceci for a week. Tkachuk plays a heavy game, so maybe giving him a rest isn't exactly a bad thing, but in all honestly, he should also be going there to keep playing and try to dominate at that level, he is only 19, he doesn't necessarily need the rest.

This org is honestly a clown show.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Didn't Boro also leave the game at one point in the first seemingly reinjuring what was already injured? There was no excuse for him to play in the first place, take another week to rest up.

Honestly, the people running the show here are so tone deaf and dumb that they probably think that having Boro in the lineup will help with ticket sales.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Yea I don't get it. Boro coming off injury and he gets back into the lineup in favor of playing Wolanin more in a season where younger guys are supposed to play more.

Like someone mentioned these decisions won't change unless the media, who are chicken shit, ask questions. I just don't get it.

Did Boucher seriously think that Anderson would be able to get off in time with 9 seconds left to get the extra attacker on the ice? Makes no logical sense whatsoever

Also, is it just me or does Boucher give way too much praise to the opposition? Almost seemingly kissing their asses before every game? I am sick of him.

I got free tickets to yesterday's game but imagine the frustration for someone who paid to watch that garbage.

Nilsson was also doing well. Why take him out when there is a long break coming with Anderson just coming off a concussion? Showcasing Anderson? Mind boggling.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Players going to Belleville for the break - Wolanin, Balcers
Players who should be going to Belleville for the break - EVERYONE WHO CAN (Tkachuk, Lajoie, Wolanin, Balcers, am I missing anyone?)

Lajoie has been a disaster of late, send him to Belleville just to get him away from Cody Ceci for a week. Tkachuk plays a heavy game, so maybe giving him a rest isn't exactly a bad thing, but in all honestly, he should also be going there to keep playing and try to dominate at that level, he is only 19, he doesn't necessarily need the rest.

This org is honestly a clown show.

I agree that both Tkachuk and Lajoie should be sent to Belleville, to work on their weaknesses. Perhaps Lajoie could be left down for a while longer, to play, and let all the Dmen in Ottawa to play until there's a need for him.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I agree that both Tkachuk and Lajoie should be sent to Belleville, to work on their weaknesses. Perhaps Lajoie could be left down for a while longer, to play, and let all the Dmen in Ottawa to play until there's a need for him.
Seems to me that GB and PD have a really hard time hurting players' feelings and are more concerned with not pissing any of the players off. They are in the wrong business.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
These guys don't miss a shift ... in fact their ice time goes up. FN CLOWN SHOW!!!

My son was yelling "what are they doing?!!" during that entire sequence. Like it was painfully obvious that neither Boro nor Ceci had any clue where to be or what to do.
Oh, and if you find film of the 5 seconds before that sequence you will see Zack Smith do a lazy half assed poke check and then a huge fly by turn around and drift slowly into the zone with no urgency or thought. Then he slams his stick in frustration. Where was that emotion 10 seconds earlier? I simply can't stand watching Zack Smith play anymore. Or Boro. Or Ceci.

Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->