HF Habs: U18 World Men's Hockey Championship, April 25-May 5

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Hard disagree. Unless they have info that the injury is really bad, it shouldn't factor too much. They need top talent much more than good depth, which they already have.
There will be at least 5 or 6 players available that aren't depth. Take a defenseman over another Dach.

Finally someone who can take a shot without taking 10 seconds to line it up (like a putt) and he scores a weak goal. Stiga. 1-0 US

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Probably not although I have no idea what he did. But they could trade the pick to a team who wants him to get a lower 1st and other assets (a 2nd).

Outside of the swastika snapchat with his buddy, he's got a long history of bullying teammates, some alleged slurs, and two incidents of urinating and defecating in teammates bags.

The slurs and snapchat already take him off the list, if that didn't happen the culture stuff is still too important to the Habs for them to invest high draft capital into a shitty teammate. Character and culture is too important to them.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Eiserman the best draft eligible in that period (Hagens is unreal)

Helenius looked poor, especially on the PP there.

Lets see how the rest of the game goes.

Thought Eiserman did a much better job of considering his options in that period, no goals but that's okay. If he plays like that in the elimination rounds, he'll go back up on boards in a hurry.

Helenius is an oddball, because I sort of see where his fans are coming from as far as his general...intelligence, readiness, whatever. He made a really nice move on a backcheck to strip the puck from an American attacker and turn an unsuccessful counter attack, always appreciate seeing an active stick. I'm fully willing to find out that he's just better at pro hockey than playing with juniors, sort of like David Pastrnak was back in the day.

My question: is Helenius the best fit for what this team needs?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Thought Eiserman did a much better job of considering his options in that period, no goals but that's okay. If he plays like that in the elimination rounds, he'll go back up on boards in a hurry.

Helenius is an oddball, because I sort of see where his fans are coming from as far as his general...intelligence, readiness, whatever. He made a really nice move on a backcheck to strip the puck from an American attacker and turn an unsuccessful counter attack, always appreciate seeing an active stick. I'm fully willing to find out that he's just better at pro hockey than playing with juniors, sort of like David Pastrnak was back in the day.

My question: is Helenius the best fit for what this team needs?

I don't believe so, but again I'm watching to see if he can flash some elite offensive tools. If he does actually have those then sure, we need em.

Being a smart and effective hockey player is great for hit rates but we need to add another legitimate game breaker here.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Helenius has been thoroughly whelming so far

And Eiserman has to pass that there, good lord

Teddy Stiga trying to establish himself as this year's Perreault

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad