Covid19 impacts 2021 season

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I was looking at Florida's schedule last night. Those last 2 weeks of March, yikes!
It means little to no practice time when you are playing so many games. 3 games in 4 nights means no practice on your off day. Need to rest. So, if something is struggling like the PK or PP, no time to work on it on the ice, just have to rely on video sessions to correct.

And who knows if there is simply a couple of unlucky NHL teams like the Steelers were in the NFL. They had games postponed due to the Titans and Ravens outbreaks which shut down their facilities. Almost had their final game vs Cleveland potentially delayed as well.

Dallas had games postponed to start the season because they had an outbreak. Who is to say that they aren't the opponent when another team like LV/AZ or something has an outbreak and get another 3 games postponed, adding to the 4/5 games they had postponed to start the season. Bringing their total up to 7/8 games.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Colorado is on hold until the 11th. Wild on hold until the 9th.

Coyotes played in St. Louis tonight (2nd of two games). Since it affected both the Blues and the Coyotes the NHL moved their scheduled March 26th and 28th games (in STL) to this weekend.

Effectively creating a six game series between the two since the Blues are in Glendale next week (2/13 and 2/15.)

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
It means little to no practice time when you are playing so many games. 3 games in 4 nights means no practice on your off day. Need to rest. So, if something is struggling like the PK or PP, no time to work on it on the ice, just have to rely on video sessions to correct.

And who knows if there is simply a couple of unlucky NHL teams like the Steelers were in the NFL. They had games postponed due to the Titans and Ravens outbreaks which shut down their facilities. Almost had their final game vs Cleveland potentially delayed as well.

Dallas had games postponed to start the season because they had an outbreak. Who is to say that they aren't the opponent when another team like LV/AZ or something has an outbreak and get another 3 games postponed, adding to the 4/5 games they had postponed to start the season. Bringing their total up to 7/8 games.

Was listening to a sports betting radio show a few days ago. Their NHL sharp bettor was advising to find and target the NHL teams that actually had a day or two off before games to run some practices. Sage advise.

Reactions: LadyStanley

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Colorado is on hold until the 11th. Wild on hold until the 9th.

Coyotes played in St. Louis tonight (2nd of two games). Since it affected both the Blues and the Coyotes the NHL moved their scheduled March 26th and 28th games (in STL) to this weekend.

Effectively creating a six game series between the two since the Blues are in Glendale next week (2/13 and 2/15.)

Glad to hear that they allowed the 2 teams that didn’t have Covid issues but had their games postponed instead play each other to open up days later on to have make up games rather than just sit and wait until their next opponent.

Reactions: TheLegend

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Was listening to a sports betting radio show a few days ago. Their NHL sharp bettor was advising to find and target the NHL teams that actually had a day or two off before games to run some practices. Sage advise.
The North or Canadian division has just 7 teams so one team is not playing while the other 6 teams are playing their mini series.

Need to take a look to see the results of those games when that team who is off begins their next mini series.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Yikes...

Also hearing the league may move a seventh game between STL and ARI scheduled for Glendale up to this coming week.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
John Vogl is the only beat reporter out there really sounding the alarm right now:

Doesn't say if those linesmen tested positive:

“We are not making public any health information regarding officials,” an NHL spokesman said via email.

But if they did that's huge evidence of on-ice transmission and would really require the league to rethink playing games.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Ducks-VGK cancelled media availability after game. Nosek (VGK) apparently pulled after 2nd.

VGK cancelled Wednesday practice. No news (yet) on Thursday game between teams, nor further schedule.

CTZ181

Jan 18, 2021
I hate to say it because I do not want to put any bad juju on the season but it's becoming a bit of a shit show.

Reactions: JMUcapsfan07

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Making supposition official.

No word on any game delays. Scheduled to play 2nd half of double header vs Ducks on Thursday at this point.

Edit:

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bruins-Rangers play a 3 game set with third game on 2/14 in place on Flyers-Rangers

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I hate to say it because I do not want to put any bad juju on the season but it's becoming a bit of a shit show.
For the American teams maybe. In Canada things have been running really smoothly with almost no positive tests and not a single delay. I will be really pissed if the American teams end up screwing the Canadian fans out of getting to watch hockey because of the mess they are in.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
uh, there's supposed to be an Islanders game after the 2 game Rangers series, they already cancelled the Devils game for 2/15

Ok, then they play on that 2/15 spot. I think it’s smart to play as many games as you can with the re-shuffled schedule. Rangers will have the weekend off so a back-to-back home games shouldn’t be an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad