Covid19 impacts 2021 season

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Potential Developing Story from Buffalo:

Sabres undergoing 2nd version of Contact tracing/testing as of 25 minutes ago according to Sabres insiders;

BOS/BUF season series now up in air after the 1st round of incident (Devils) forced the rescheduling of the season series the 1st time around;

update:

no pregame skate @ Key Bank Center; now being informed that a Boston player and a Sabres staffer have violated NHL Covid protocol and will be entering the protocol list...

Private discussion (not official) are now under review to shift tonight's game to tomorrow afternoon as the teams also play Saturday;

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

US-Canada extend non-essential border crossing restrictions through April 21.

NHL has asked Canadian federal government to reduce quarantine time from 14 days to 7, no response yet.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm looking at the various schedules coming up and I wonder how are sports fans handling this rush of games that's currently happening. What I mean is say you're a fan of the NHL and MLB. MLB is coming back and you are excited for Opening Day, yet the NHL is still going and you don't want to miss your teams games. I'm actually starting to miss the time where we didn't have sports. Maybe my TV Habits kind of changed, but I actually enjoyed binge watching shows like the Stargate Franchise, or tuning into Pluto TV and the Buzzr network and watching old game shows, or heck, even just reading a book. There is just so much out there right now it's starting to feel overwhelming.

Reactions: varsaku

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
This coming Tuesday is the only day I don't have something on the schedule for 6 weeks (personal hockey) and it may be my dates in May get filled with playoffs.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... MLB is coming back and you are excited for Opening Day, yet the NHL is still going and you don't want to miss your teams games. I'm actually starting to miss the time where we didn't have sports. ... There is just so much out there right now it's starting to feel overwhelming.
First world problem, complicated by weakness of will. I'm sure you can find a way to overcome it all.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
First world problem, complicated by weakness of will. I'm sure you can find a way to overcome it all.

I will, but this thread is about how Covid is impacting the 2021 season in sports. We've gone from not much happening to everything happening in such a short span. While not a first world problem, it is worth observing in a thread appropriate for such a subject.

Reactions: JMCx4

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Check out this Podcast: Ron Hextall on the Penguins resurgence, Tim Peel disciplined by the NHL & the latest on the NHL Trade Deadline https://player.fm/1BGQMEY

Two Man Advantage with LeBrun and Marek.

Another reason teams are concerned with adding players at deadline: looking at no income for playoffs (no fans in stands). Some teams are wanting no $$ back in trade. A month out and little chatter.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Brazilian variant found. Some players very ill. (Heard that Canucks planning to call up folks from AHL to bolster roster as taxi squad not sufficient to fill holes.)

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
During the 2nd intermission during HNIC, it's been discussed of possibility going to a bubble for the playoffs depending on how cases do for the next while.

NHL to discuss possibility of playoff bubble

It's not preferred by any means. If the first 2 rounds will just be in the current divisions anyways, could they just do the last 2 rounds in a bubble if push comes to shove?

Last edited:

member 96824

Quick question regarding the upcoming trade deadline. Do players quarantining as “non-roster” still qualify for playoffs if they’re in that “non-roster” status come on and after the deadline?

I assume yes, but I haven’t found anything clarifying further.

Asked another way..is the Canadian/Californian/other quarantine mandatory areas trade deadline tomorrow?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad