Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Not really.
It's private property and nobody has to go there if they don't want to follow the rules. That should go without saying.
My response was about the practical effects of the owners' decisions.

And yes the comment about p***yes and sheep was funny.

You still don’t get it. Everyone knows they have the right to not shop there. The point was highlighting the unfathomable animosity towards those who have the audacity to wear masks to protect themselves and others. Not giving a shit about other people has become the right’s litmus test and badge of honor.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
You still don’t get it. Everyone knows they have the right to not shop there. The point was highlighting the unfathomable animosity towards those who have the audacity to wear masks to protect themselves and others. Not giving a shit about other people has become the right’s litmus test and badge of honor.

It really is ridiculous that people wearing masks have to listen to heckling and trash talk like “liberal p***y” from others. So pathetic.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Really hoping people are being as cautious as possible and continue to wear masks as we begin phase 3 tomorrow. Lots of bars and restaurants opening up outdoor areas and there’s sure to be lots of people congregating. Keeping my fingers crossed for no setbacks.

This is what they were doing in Indy when I was there. Every 3rd table was being used so there was a good 10Ft between patrons. All employees were wearing masks,

upload_2020-5-29_8-0-17.png

This issue will be some places won't follow guidelines as closely or have the room to do so. Indy has people inside and outside.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
At this point I could conceivably understand eating/drinking at a restaurant with outdoor seating where all employees wore masks, as long as the tables were spaced sufficiently apart, and I wouldn't use the bathrooms. But I feel no rush to do so. Feels forced. And there is zero chance at this time that I would eat/drink inside a restaurant.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
At this point I could conceivably understand eating/drinking at a restaurant with outdoor seating where all employees wore masks, as long as the tables were spaced sufficiently apart, and I wouldn't use the bathrooms. But I feel no rush to do so. Feels forced. And there is zero chance at this time that I would eat/drink inside a restaurant.

My wife and I have no kids and use to go out 4-5 days a week probably and even we have no interest at all in going out anywhere. It’s going to be several more months before we go out. We have just been finding some nice spots to bring some dinner and drinks of our own to.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
My wife and I have no kids and use to go out 4-5 days a week probably and even we have no interest at all in going out anywhere. It’s going to be several more months before we go out. We have just been finding some nice spots to bring some dinner and drinks of our own to.

Even if a restaurant has outdoor seating, I’d enjoy myself more picking up food and sitting on my terrace (or a backyard for most of you) and not worrying about people being jerkoffs or the restaurant employees not wearing masks.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I miss going to movies, eating out at restaurants, and going to sporting events like crazy, and want that normalcy to come back.

But as a dad with a two year-old and near daily contact with his two sets of grandparents, my desires take a backseat even to my own wishes. Not risking him or them because I want to go to a great Mexican joint or attend live sports. The only thing on my radar that would make me think breaking that would be the new Bond film, so hopefully that's delayed for a long while.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
I miss going to movies, eating out at restaurants, and going to sporting events like crazy, and want that normalcy to come back.

But as a dad with a two year-old and near daily contact with his two sets of grandparents, my desires take a backseat even to my own wishes. Not risking him or them because I want to go to a great Mexican joint or attend live sports. The only thing on my radar that would make me think breaking that would be the new Bond film, so hopefully that's delayed for a long while.

Movie theaters are done until there is a vaccine/treatment. You may as well ask for a side of covid with your popcorn.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Drive ins are fun. I haven't been to one in years, but I'm all for going to catch a flip at the Harvest Moon in Gibson City again.

And the sound's only bad if you have a crappy car radio. The broadcast is from only a few hundred feet away from where you parked, the reception is just fine.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Drive ins are fun. I haven't been to one in years, but I'm all for going to catch a flip at the Harvest Moon in Farmer City again.

Honest question, what about it is fun? It sounds miserable to me.

Do people at least bring their own booze and food?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

It's just watching a movie from a reclined car seat. It's good to watch and be free to chat with friends or family and is just a fun experience.

And yeah, they can't stop you from bringing stuff in with you. It's your car.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
I would think it may be fun in a convertible with the top down, and a nice breeze. But watching a big screen through the windshield isn't too enticing.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

When I do go I turn my truck around with the tailgate facing the screen and lay in the bed with pillows and blankets. I probably wouldn’t go if I had a car though. If you do have a car you can just bring a chair and sit outside.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
There is a drive-in by where I grew up, Cascade in West Chicago. It's been closed for some time although some new ownership is attempting to get it going. It was always a cool experience, two movies for the price of one. Everyone smuggled food and booze in as they did not care.

I don't miss the movie experience but rather eating out, rooftops, ect. I noticed the BWW by me already had a huge tent set up and people were there.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I wouldn’t see a new movie at a drive in but if I were seeing an older movie like “Indiana Jones” or something then I’d be down. It’s not a bad way to spend a summer night. Just not optimal for prime movie experience.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

REALLY hoping Tom Hardy is the new Bond. He’s a beast.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
Is there any way how to contract this f***ing virus and die? I've lost my frickin' job and on top of that I'm getting very nervous and aggressive without any apparent reason. This whole shit is bending me over and f***ing me in the ass. f*** my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad