Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

“If we’re only allowed to be at 25 percent capacity, I want them to be the 25 percent of people that aren’t p-----, that aren’t sheep,” Smith told The Washington Post.”

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012

“If we’re only allowed to be at 25 percent capacity, I want them to be the 25 percent of people that aren’t p-----, that aren’t sheep,” Smith told The Washington Post.”

I dunno about the bar. Hard to keep people apart in a bar but you're obviously much more likely to catch it from the bathroom door handle than from someone breathing halfway across the room.
The campgrounds though? Yea, F that. No mask necessary.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I dunno about the bar. Hard to keep people apart in a bar but you're obviously much more likely to catch it from the bathroom door handle than from someone breathing halfway across the room.
The campgrounds though? Yea, F that. No mask necessary.

You're missing the point completely.

Reactions: Pez68

Ace Card Bedard

Feb 11, 2012
You're missing the point completely.

Not really.
It's private property and nobody has to go there if they don't want to follow the rules. That should go without saying.
My response was about the practical effects of the owners' decisions.

And yes the comment about p***yes and sheep was funny.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Not really.
It's private property and nobody has to go there if they don't want to follow the rules. That should go without saying.
My response was about the practical effects of the owners' decisions.

And yes the comment about p***yes and sheep was funny.

If you support this private business’ decision, do you also support decisions by Costco and other stores that are requiring masks? Also, what are your thoughts on the people who claim their rights are being infringed upon by said private stores requiring masks?

Ace Card Bedard

Feb 11, 2012
If you support this private business’ decision, do you also support decisions by Costco and other stores that are requiring masks? Also, what are your thoughts on the people who claim their rights are being infringed upon by said private stores requiring masks?

Yes, I also support Costco and other places of business who do require masks for employees and/or visitors.

Nobody's rights are being infringed on. It's private property. If you don't like the rules, don't go.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Not that I belong to any of the two parties as they are one in the same at the end of the day but the president is right on here, he sees how much bs fear mongering and number manipulation is going on and he is calling it as it is.

Reactions: CPHawksFan

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
Fair enough. What does altering an application accomplish exactly? If it was a democrat whose application was changed to republican, what does that change?

The ballot applications are for a June primary election for the gubernatorial race, so I would think you'd get a ballot with the Republican candidates rather than the Democrats.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Not that I belong to any of the two parties as they are one in the same at the end of the day but the president is right on here, he sees how much bs fear mongering and number manipulation is going on and he is calling it as it is.
What is the number manipulation to which you refer?

Reactions: ChiHawks10

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
The only reason you don't belong to either party is because you're Canadian.

It's pretty apparent what side you'd support.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The ballot applications are for a June primary election for the gubernatorial race, so I would think you'd get a ballot with the Republican candidates rather than the Democrats.
That seems kind of significant?
The only reason you don't belong to either party is because you're Canadian.

It's pretty apparent what side you'd support.
Politics in Canada are the exact same way. Conservative (Trump) or Liberal (Biden)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yeah, 5 people now, more in the future? Isn't one, too many?
Tell me how many times 5 votes could've changed anything in this country (US)?

Voter fraud is very rare. It does happen, but it doesn't ever happen to such a degree that it changes the outcome of an election. And if it did, it'd be by such a low amount that a recount would be conducted, those illegitimate votes would be discovered, and the individuals would be jailed for it.

Now the positives for vote-by-mail would be having more people voting and voicing their opinion in a democracy and, during a time like this, would allow individuals to vote safely without fear of contracting an illness.

The only reason some are still against it in this country is because those individuals know their side would lose if more people were able to vote. That should be their problem, not ours.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
So, if my counting in that article is correct, 25 cases throughout the US' history. Out of thousands of elections.

And like I had said, if we're talking voter fraud, the illegitimate votes would be low enough that if that was what changed the results, it'd almost certainly result in a recount where those votes would likely be caught.

This is the biggest of non-issues.

Reactions: BobbyJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad