Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
This - trying to engage in dialogue - is fun. Not really tho, when any evidence offered doesn't concur with gets dismissed as "conspiracy theory" ...

I reject the term, "conspiracy theory." Make an assertion. Support it w/ evidence. Have give & take ...
Crazy idea huh?

You made the assertion that it was "overblown from the beginning", even though science is doing exactly what it's meant to do as we research and study something more, which is find out more information, and update policy accordingly. You made the assertion that the lock-downs were done specifically to "scare people", and "to take away their personal liberties". It's on YOU to provide evidence to back up those assertions, and prove your arguments. It's not on me to disprove them.

Also... you may want to look at the actual definition of "personal liberties". I'll help.

Definition of personal liberty: The freedom of the individual to do as he pleases, limited only by the authority of politically organized society, to regulate his action, to secure the public health, safety, or morals, or of other recognized social interests.

I bolded the parts you should pay attention to.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
When people read the history of Donald Trump in the future they'll think that the story was greatly exaggerated when in actuality it is quite the opposite; the facts tend to miss some of the unbelievable details of Trump's twisted reality. His success, in his mind, would start with heading the news each and every day. He is living his own reality show and loving the power he has (and the power he thinks he has which he doesn't).

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Source: The New England Journal of Medicine ...
I do trust this publication rises above the "conspiracy theory" hurdle but ... will defer such "nutjob" assumptions as my own. Does it buttress the CDC's own position on masks, provided previously? Why yes, yes it does.
Of course, my fellow HFawkers' acceptance of ... Well, no way no how any assumptions that ...

"... We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic. ..."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I do trust this publication rises above the "conspiracy theory" hurdle but ... will defer such "nutjob" assumptions as my own. Does it buttress the CDC's own position on masks, provided previously? Why yes, yes it does.
Of course, my fellow HFawkers' acceptance of ... Well, no way no how any assumptions that ...

"... We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic. ..."

My conspiracy theory comment was addressing the ridiculous assertion you made that the government purposely blew this out of proportion to "scare people" and "take away citizens' personal liberties". It had nothing to do with masks... :facepalm:

Reactions: Pez68 and Crow

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
My conspiracy theory comment was addressing the ridiculous assertion you made that the government purposely blew this out of proportion to "scare people" and "take away citizens' personal liberties". It had nothing to do with masks... :facepalm:
Can you prove him wrong though?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Don't quite follow the logic - or way of implementing it, assumed it is - but okay ...

Stop it dude, they are far too indoctrinated, your simple logic flies over heads, those who have eyes will see...

Crow

May 19, 2014
Nothing shows courage of one’s convictions like ducking and running.
That doesn’t really seem fair.

When someone starts calling your views idiotic and saying you have no understanding, do you typically stick around to engage in a conversation with them?

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
imagine 100k plus americans being dead and this f***ing imbecile is spending time trying to censor twitter for his lies about mail in voting...imagine supporting this jagoff, can he please just go back to running his shitty golf business...guy is gonna go down as the biggest con artist fraud president in history

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
That doesn’t really seem fair.

When someone starts calling your views idiotic and saying you have no understanding, do you typically stick around to engage in a conversation with them?

That’s not what happened.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
And ballot applications were altered to change the party affiliation, ballots themselves were not changed. It’s not good, but hawkaholic’s tweet is substantively false.
It's not my tweet, and it wasn't the only one I saw. Can you explain how it's false? A mailman altered a ballot, and was charged. I'm not sure what is false about what he said, but I also don't understand voting in the States.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
It's not my tweet, and it wasn't the only one I saw. Can you explain how it's false? A mailman altered a ballot, and was charged. I'm not sure what is false about what he said, but I also don't understand voting in the States.

It was a ballot application, not a ballot.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
So if it's not a big deal, why did they charge him?

And I read there have been mail in ballots changed before, and people were charged. They said it was rare, but that it has been done.

I didn’t say it isn’t a big deal. I corrected that tweet’s misstatement.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So if it's not a big deal, why did they charge him?

And I read there have been mail in ballots changed before, and people were charged. They said it was rare, but that it has been done.

Because any tampering with US mail is a felony?

And he didn't say it wasn't a big deal. He said "It's not good, but Hawkaholic's tweet is substantively false." He's correcting you because this wasn't actually altering a ballot. It was altering an application to receive a mail-in ballot.

Reactions: Hawkaholic

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Because any tampering with US mail is a felony?

And he didn't say it wasn't a big deal. He said "It's not good, but Hawkaholic's tweet is substantively false." He's correcting you because this wasn't actually altering a ballot. It was altering an application to receive a mail-in ballot.
Fair enough. What does altering an application accomplish exactly? If it was a democrat whose application was changed to republican, what does that change?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
The risks to COVID19 were over stated from the go - and used by those in power to both scare people AND take personal liberties from them. Fact.*
-------
Addem ... More accurately, evidence - and supported by data, words, and ongoing information gathering.

Sounds like what led to the Patriot Act. Hope it doesn’t happen but there’s no reason to believe it will not.

Surveillance Under the Patriot Act

CD148F1C-EA4A-4F89-8001-4CB6F58B8F60.jpeg

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

This link (And the references and articles cited) contradicts your earlier posted link that posited that "the infectivity of some asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 carriers might be weak".

I did find it interesting that no citations were noted for the dismissal of mask use that you cited above. And the paragraph is a leap in logic.

I did find this link in NELM:
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2012410

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I was in Indy for the past two days. Restaurants are open with limited capacity, really no masks except people working at gas stations, food services. The one thing I can say is the mood is much more relaxed, quasi back to normal.

Wisconsin is the same way.
I stopped to fill up for gas and I was the only one wearing a mask in the convenience store area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad