Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Let's just all agree that I'm the best poster here.

But good luck to all of you with dealing with this virus. Be a shame to lose anyone of you. Mostly because this site's boring enough right now.

Also, bring back the political boards and we wouldn't have these types of issues here, HF! Hate walkin' on eggshells and watching what I say. Censoring greatness should not be allowed in a civilized society.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Let's just all agree that I'm the best poster here.
But good luck to all of you with dealing with this virus. Be a shame to lose anyone of you. Mostly because this site's boring enough right now.

Also, bring back the political boards and we wouldn't have these types of issues here, HF! Hate walkin' on
eggshells and watching what I say. Censoring greatness should not be allowed in a civilized
society.

Your the worst poster here.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
upload_2020-4-8_22-30-40.gif

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Well do to the covid fun going on and being without work for the foreseeable future. I just bought a deep freezer and I'm going to the cattle farm down the road tomorrow to pick and pay for a half a cow. Pretty pumped should be able to use most of the meat during the summer at the cottage.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Well do to the covid fun going on and being work for the foreseeable future. I just bought a deep freezer and going to the cattle farm down the road to pick and paying for a half a cow. Pretty pumped should be able to use most of the meat during the summer at the cottage.
Cottage?

No bro, you gotta stay your ass in your main residence. Most states around here are really cracking down on people traveling to cottages, campgrounds, and the like. They aren't considered 'essential' during the lockdown.

And this shit isn't likely to end for a good long while. Might as well kiss your cottage goodbye this year.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Cottage?

No bro, you gotta stay your ass in your main residence. Most states
around here are really cracking down on people traveling to cottages, campgrounds, and the like. They aren't considered 'essential' during
the lockdown.

And this shit isn't likely to end for a good long while. Might as well kiss
your cottage goodbye this year.

I'm here already. Won't be back in Chicago for at least 2-3 months if things improve.
Not traveling back and forth at all.

WinterHawk88

May 15, 2017
Cottage?

No bro, you gotta stay your ass in your main residence. Most states around here are really cracking down on people traveling to cottages, campgrounds, and the like. They aren't considered 'essential' during the lockdown.

And this shit isn't likely to end for a good long while. Might as well kiss your cottage goodbye this year.

Yeah, I had some thoughts about using my new free time to jaunt up to my grandma's cottage in Door County, just to sit somewhere new for a change. But then I read their urgent pleas for all visitors to stay their ass home so I will. Makes sense, many people up there are quite elderly.

Btw, like what you've done with your avatar.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Gonna try this again. Unless it pertains to corvid, keep politics out of it. I don’t want any swipes against the left or the right. I don’t want to read it and I definitely don’t want to moderate it.

Attacks either way will be met with infractions and thread bans.
Did you put everyone in timeout?

I missed this thread, the same five people arguing over who’s politics suck more was the only thing keeping me entertained.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm here already. Won't be back in Chicago for at least 2-3 months if things improve.
Not traveling back and forth at all.
Lucky bastard.

Yeah, I had some thoughts about using my new free time to jaunt up to my grandma's cottage in Door County, just to sit somewhere new for a change. But then I read their urgent pleas for all visitors to stay their ass home so I will. Makes sense, many people up there are quite elderly.

Thank you kindly. Thought it'd be amusing to some. Glad to see it is.

Though I wish the toilet paper stood out easier. Blends with the ice too much IMO. Afraid people won't catch that detail.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

I honestly did not notice until you said something. :laugh:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Because toilet paper is high volume but low value, the industry runs on extreme efficiency, with mills built to work at full capacity around the clock even in normal times. That works only because demand is typically so steady. If toilet paper manufacturers spend a bunch of money now to refocus on the retail channel, they’ll face the same problem in reverse once people head back to work again.
“The normal distribution system is like a well-orchestrated ballet,” said Willy Shih, a professor at Harvard Business School. “If you make a delivery to a Walmart distribution center, they give you a half-hour window, and your truck has to show up then.” The changes wrought by the coronavirus, he said, “have thrown the whole thing out of balance, and everything has to readjust.”

I liked this point in the article. I’ve heard plenty of people ask why they can’t just make more, not realizing that manufacturing + distribution isn’t a simple/magical process.

If there’s any good news, it’s that we can stop blaming these shortages on the alleged idiocy of our fellow consumers.

I think we can still blame them. Sure there may be a 40% increase of at home use, but that doesn’t forgive the two weeks of people buying up TP in excessive bulk. There are manufacturing limits to the product, but it’s not an excuse for people to load up their carts with 8 packages of it and force people to go to 4 different stores just to find some.

People panicked, bought way too much of something they weren’t sure if they needed or not, and supply couldn’t keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad