Status
Not open for further replies.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
But NZ perfected it. :naughty:
img_0739.jpg

I've had fries here in France quite a few times now and honestly... dunno what the fuss here and in Belgium is all about. They're always so limp and soggy even when fresh out of the oil and into the cone. Even your gravy soaked poutine fries in Canada have more crisp to them.

You'd probably love the food scene in Auckland/New Zealand. There's definitely a British influence, but being so close to Asia we're pretty good at spice and seasoning too.

did any sea gulls attack you ?? :laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Not sure this belongs in the Positivity Thread. It's a tweet from a right wing nut, that makes no sense.
Mark Dice - Wikipedia

More than likely, it will cause good money to be wasted in another dumb idea, thanks to youknowwho.

There are about half a billion alveoli in the human lungs. You'd need quite the infinitesimally small scope to get anywhere near them.

Mark Dice looks like he wants to be Roger Stone II when he grows up. Great source for not 'fake news' - LOL.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
NHL selling team-themed facemasks to raise funds for charity

While playing your part to stop COVID-19, you can now cheer — and if need be cough and sneeze — for your favourite National Hockey League team.

The league announced Tuesday morning that licensed cloth face coverings for all 31 teams are available for purchase on NHLShop.com.

Shipping
  • This is a pre-sell item. Orders containing this product will be shipped separately. This item will ship no later than Thursday June 11th.
Hell, the pandemic will be over by then. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Jets 31

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I think this is good news... with precautions... social distancing.... isolating those at risk...

Follow the real science... not the science the media portrays...

Dr. Fauci isn't and hasn't been in practice for 20 years...

Common Cents Blog: Viral Video Of California Doctors Criticizing "Stay-At-Home" Order due to COVID-19

I'm a chemist, I'm always following the real science. Surely you are capable of posting in here without pot shots against Fauci etc? Appreciate it if the political and media arguments were kept out of this thread, thanks.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I think this is good news... with precautions... social distancing.... isolating those at risk...

Follow the real science... not the science the media portrays...

Dr. Fauci isn't and hasn't been in practice for 20 years...

Common Cents Blog: Viral Video Of California Doctors Criticizing "Stay-At-Home" Order due to COVID-19
Their suggestion of a .003% fatality rate based on extrapolating the 12% test infection rate across the entire population of California and keeping the current death count static is misleading. I mean, I believe in attacking this from an at risk demography based approach as well, but when you start with that kind of misleading math your credibility falls off the charts. Even the most generous statistics based on actual antibody testing models puts the IFR at around .33, with the most comprehensive one being .66.

The rates change considerably based on age and overall health but in no way shape or form is the IFR of COVID as low as they are suggesting and nowhere near that of the seasonal flu.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I assume this is the same Oxford group predicting they might be vaccine ready as soon as September 2020.
Yeah, same one. They partered with pharmaceutical manufacturer- Astra Zenica yesterday. The story I read indicated a potential availability at the end of the year. Was mentioned to be limited availability at that time. Exciting part is they will know if it works late June/early July.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, same one. They partered with pharmaceutical manufacturer- Astra Zenica yesterday. The story I read indicated a potential availability at the end of the year. Was mentioned to be limited availability at that time. Exciting part is they will know if it works late June/early July.

Very interesting development to keep an eye on for sure.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Reactions: LucianoBorsato

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Me to, booked in for Monday at 10am, I ordered clippers about 2 weeks ago from Amazon and they still haven’t arrived, good thing cause my wife probably would have buzzed me.

I will probably wait a couple weeks and let the initial haircut rush subside :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad