COVID-19 Part V (not an election discussion topic)

Crow

May 19, 2014
Wednesday round 1 for me.

Edit: found one much closer on Saturday.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawksrule

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
My work (long term care facility) is getting them this week so all of the residents will get their first dose and also all staff as well.

I'm Canadian, btw. Other facilities have already gotten theirs but the place I work at is very small (36 residents) so I'm not sure whether that played a part in us getting the vaccine or not.

Everybody here has a laundry list of comorbities too so I think that they should have been able to get it long ago but *shrugs*.

Luckily Nova Scotia only has like 20 cases total.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
as @Pez68 says Pfizer is two shots, I work in the employee safety dept in health care so we got ours just after front line health care staff in high risk areas got it.

Yeah I know many health care workers in more populated areas that have already been fully vaccinated.

That'll soon be the case where I work at as well. (finally)

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Just signed up for preregistration here in Mass, should be eligible within the next couple of weeks (last group of phase 2). Luckily the rollout here has gone much better in recent weeks. Some of my BU EMS friends got theirs in January, and my friends who are in earlier groups of phase 2 are slowly starting to get their first jabs. Exciting stuff.

Last edited:

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I think I will be okay, at least I hope so. My biggest worry now is not to have transmitted the virus to someone who develops symptoms and ends up in the hospital. I know that it might sound strange as sometimes I act like a dick on these boards, but there's still a noble side to my personality. In other words, I care about other people and the society as a whole.

Hopefully you got through COVID ok.

I'm going for my first vaccine shot today. It's been slightly over 4 months since I had COVID. I've heard that people who had covid previously tend to get more symptoms from the vaccine than those that did not...we'll see.

Reactions: hawksrule

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
cousin of my wife woke up on Wednesday this week and apparently had trouble breathing, lives alone, calls 911, off to the local small hospital he went, quickly transferred over to a larger hospital with an ICU, intubated and his covid test came back positive...

51 years young...

apparently stabilized to some degree however can't breath on his own...

scary shit and I work in the ED, ICU, OR & high risk areas daily...

Last edited:

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
cousin of my wife woke up on Wednesday this week and apparently had trouble breathing, lives alone, calls 911, off to the local small hospital he went, quickly transferred over to a larger hospital with an ICU, intubated and his cover test came back positive...

51 years young...

apparently stabilized to some degree however can't breath on his own...

scary shit and I work in the ED, ICU, OR & high risk areas daily...
I wish the best to your wife's cousin. That is scary.

On another note, my wife and I did get the pfizer vaccine at the UC yesterday. I was impressed how well organized the whole thing was to handle that many people efficiently. Once you get in the tents, it's 100% run by the US Army.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I got my second Moderna yesterday. Mostly minor symptoms, but I had a fever overnight which led to trouble sleeping and some wild/delirious dreams, also some full body soreness overnight like I had just aggressively worked out.

Feeling mostly fine this morning, a slight headache and shoulder soreness.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I got my second Moderna yesterday. Mostly minor symptoms, but I had a fever overnight which led to trouble sleeping and some wild/delirious dreams, also some full body soreness overnight like I had just aggressively worked out.

Feeling mostly fine this morning, a slight headache and shoulder soreness.

I got my first Moderna on Wednesday. I had. Severe exhaustion yesterday to the point when I slept 20 of the 24 hours. Feel better today but still a bit tired.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
LOL, my parents just became eligible to get their first shot (no idea if they are getting it or not), yet people my age in the states have got 2 shots.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
LOL, my parents just became eligible to get their first shot (no idea if they are getting it or not), yet people my age in the states have got 2 shots.

April 19th Pennsylvania will allow anyone who wants to to get vaccinated. We had a tier system initially for higher risk people, first responders, etc. Even now people administering them aren’t asking a lot of questions and you can easily get one.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
April 19th Pennsylvania will allow anyone who wants to to get vaccinated. We had a tier system initially for higher risk people, first responders, etc. Even now people administering them aren’t asking a lot of questions and you can easily get one.
Would love to, but when we come back to Canada, we have to quarantine for 14days, regardless if we test negative, or have the vaccine. Im not doing that unless I have to (aka get the vid). I'll just have to wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00