COVID-19 Part V (not an election discussion topic)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Buffalo Bills are going to use an app to allow people who are vaccinated to attend their games. I guess people without phones can't go to their games anymore. Sad world we live in.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
If there was a way to ensure that everyone in attendance and working at the game was vaccinated it would be fine. Unfortunately, there's no feasible way to accomplish that in the current political climate.

(Talking about the UC, indoors)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If there was a way to ensure that everyone in attendance and working at the game was vaccinated it would be fine. Unfortunately, there's no feasible way to accomplish that in the current political climate.

(Talking about the UC, indoors)
I'm curious what the argument is that everyone has to be vaccinated? I don't follow any of this stuff typically, just read headlines.

If people are attending the game and aren't vaccinated, they will get the virus, and potentially die. (But that was their choice)
If people are attending and are vaccinated, they can still get it, but they most likely won't die, because they are vaccinated.

Both parties can still get it, and give it to someone who can't get vaccinated, from what I understand.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm curious what the argument is that everyone has to be vaccinated? I don't follow any of this stuff typically, just read headlines.

If people are attending the game and aren't vaccinated, they will get the virus, and potentially die. (But that was their choice)
If people are attending and are vaccinated, they can still get it, but they most likely won't die, because they are vaccinated.

Both parties can still get it, and give it to someone who can't get vaccinated, from what I understand.

You have a lot wrong...

People who aren't vaccinated could carry it to the games, even if they have no symptoms, and then get other people killed. It's not just THEIR choice... Wtf? They are choosing to potentially kill other people based upon their desire to attend a sports game... without being vaccinated for a deadly virus.

And those who are vaccinated aren't likely to get it. The vaccines are like 90%+ efficient. The idea behind a vaccine is to prevent people from getting it, not to prevent people from dying after they get it.

Everyone being vaccinated prevents people from spreading a virus that can be spread by those with zero symptoms, who have no idea they have it, thus killing other people, unknowingly. Have you really followed this pandemic that little throughout the past year+?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Buffalo Bills are going to use an app to allow people who are vaccinated to attend their games. I guess people without phones can't go to their games anymore. Sad world we live in.

If you don’t have a phone in 2021 I doubt you either have the money or desire to go to a f***ing NFL game.

The % of fans this negatively impacts is irrelevant.

Reactions: Pez68

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You have a lot wrong...

People who aren't vaccinated could carry it to the games... even if they have no symptoms, and then get other people killed. It's not just THEIR choice... Wtf? They are choosing to potentially kill other people based upon their desire to attend a sports game... without being vaccinated for a deadly virus.

And those who are vaccinated aren't likely to get it. The vaccines are like 90%+ efficient.

Everyone being vaccinated prevents people from spreading a virus that can be spread by those with zero symptoms, who have no idea they have it, thus killing other people... unknowingly. Have you really followed this pandemic that little throughout the past year+?
From what I understood, people who are vaccinated can still spread it. I thought the vaccine just minimized your chances of having severe issues from the virus?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If you don’t have a phone in 2021 I doubt you either have the money or desire to go to a f***ing NFL game.

The % of fans this negatively impacts is irrelevant.
Ya maybe, but some people won't be able to take their father to a game, I know a ton of older people who still like to get out and who don't own a phone. I guess that's their loss.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
From what I understood, people who are vaccinated can still spread it. I thought the vaccine just minimized your chances of having severe issues from the virus?

No. The purpose of the vaccine is to minimize your chances of getting it. By like 90%+. It's also believed that if you do happen to have the unfortunate luck to catch it even when vaccinated, it will also minimize your chances of having severe symptoms. That's not the main purpose, though. The whole purpose of vaccinations are to prevent you from catching it in the first place, not to prevent symptoms if you do. Just like chicken pox vaccines, measles, mumps, etc. Even the flu vaccine is to minimize your chances of catching it.

Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Ya maybe, but some people won't be able to take their father to a game, I know a ton of older people who still like to get out and who don't own a phone. I guess that's their loss.

There are older people, in this day and age, who don't own a cell phone? I don't know a single independent older person who does not own a cell phone.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
No. The purpose of the vaccine is to minimize your chances of getting it. By like 90%+. It's also believed that if you do happen to have the unfortunate luck to catch it even when vaccinated, it will also minimize your chances of having severe symptoms. That's not the main purpose, though. The whole purpose of vaccinations are to prevent you from catching it in the first place, not to prevent symptoms if you do. Just like chicken pox vaccines, measles, mumps, etc. Even the flu vaccine is to minimize your chances of catching it.

Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine
Interesting, and yeah, like I said, I don't pay much attention to it, but have heard a lot of misinformation so I never know what is right or what is wrong. That's why I asked the question, because I figured something was amiss.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, I know quite a few people aged 60+ who don't care to ever get a phone.

I don't. Every single person I know who is 60+ has a mobile. Including my parents, all my family members, and all my friends' parents. It's odd that someone wouldn't have a phone nowadays. Super odd. Even the most anti-technology older people I know have phones... because you pretty much HAVE to have one nowadays. Writing checks, mailing paper bills, all that shit has pretty much disappeared... so not sure how one even functions in life without one...

And honestly, that's their problem, no? If they're one out of one million people who don't have a phone, why would things be done to cater to that tiny minority of people, anyways?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't. Every single person I know who is 60+ has a mobile. Including my parents, all my family members, and all my friends' parents. It's odd that someone wouldn't have a phone nowadays. Super odd. Even the most anti-technology old people I know have phones... because you pretty much HAVE to have one nowadays. Writing checks, mailing paper bills, all that shit has pretty much disappeared... so not sure how one even functions in life without one.

And honestly, that's their problem. If they're one out of one million people who don't have a phone, why would things be done to cater to that tiny minority of people, anyways?
Not saying they should. Just meant it's sad I wouldn't be able to bring my father in law to a Bills game if he wanted. That's all I was saying.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Not saying they should. Just meant it's sad I wouldn't be able to bring my father in law to a Bills game if he wanted. That's all I was saying.

Why wouldn't you? If you can track your own vaccination on your phone with an app, then you can likely also track your FIL's proof of vaccination, also, using your phone.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
My 87 year old grandmother who has dementia has a cell phone, and can use it on her own.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Why wouldn't you? If you can track your own vaccination on your phone with an app, then you can likely also track your FIL's proof of vaccination, also, using your phone.
I would assume he would have to have his own phone? Usually apps are connected to an email address, and it's only for your personal use. I guess if that's an option, that would be a good thing.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I would assume he would have to have his own phone? Usually apps are connected to an email address, and it's only for your personal use. I guess if that's an option, that would be a good thing.

Say for example...

The app just pulls data from a database of people registered to have received the vaccine. Anyone who has received the vaccine has their name in a database, because you give all that info when you register to receive it. So that data is already readily available if your FIL got the vaccine.

So you open the app, enter your FIL's data into it(say legal name, DOB, etc) and then it shows proof of him being vaccinated. You do the same thing on your phone for yourself. You show the ticket vendor at the gate both your data and proof, and then your FIL's. Using one phone.

I highly doubt they would implement something where you HAVE to track yourself, and yourself only.

My guess is the app is designed in this way. Just to pull data from a database of people who have been vaccinated. And not something directly linked to an individual person.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Say for example...

The app just pulls data from a database of people registered to have received the vaccine. Anyone who has received the vaccine has their name in a database, because you give all that info when you register to receive it. So that data is already readily available if your FIL got the vaccine.

So you open the app, enter your FIL's data into it(say legal name, DOB, etc) and then it shows proof of him being vaccinated. You do the same thing on your phone for yourself. You show the ticket vendor at the gate both your data and proof, and then your FIL's. Using one phone.

I highly doubt they would implement something where you HAVE to track yourself, and yourself only.

My guess is the app is designed in this way. Just to pull data from a database of people who have been vaccinated. And not something directly linked to an individual person.
That would be great, I'm just not sure if that's how this app works? I haven't looked into it myself that deeply.

I guess I just assumed you could only pull yourself up on this app.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
That would be great, I'm just not sure if that's how this app works? I haven't looked into it myself that deeply.

I guess I just assumed you could only pull yourself up on this app.

I haven't looked into it, either. But my assumption is it's just an app that is linked to a database of the names of people who have been vaccinated. So you can pull anyone up, as long as you have the proper personal info about them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->