COVID-19 Part V (not an election discussion topic)

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Eh, lobbying sounds like a job.

I'm lazy, so my post-political personal preferences would be either:

1. Board Member: 6 figures and 100 hours/year of meetings.

even better..

2. Speaking Engagements: 6 figures and 2+ hours of work.

Of course a small portion of my earnings would go to my non-profit "Deytookerjaabs helps victims foundation" run by CEO Deytookerjaabs Junior and my fellow board members. I promise to leave a few bucks in the budget after salaries are paid, let's say 90/10 split because my heart truly beats for the dispossessed.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

WTF. Meanwhile, West Virginia dem Senator argues it's too much for folks on unemployment to, gasp, also get a stimulus check:

This **** is too much. Up, down, left, right, sideways, slide. And many in the suits making the arguments against or limiting direct payments in the COVID bill are themselves crazy rich. A dollar spent now, while folks need it, will save ten dollars down the road.

These f***ing people....

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Sounds like this was a result of the social behavior surrounding the practice, and not the activity itself. Car pooling, unmasked locker rooms, eating together, etc. What a bunch of assholes.

This is why we can't have sports. Because the parents, in general, are f***ing idiots.

Be COVID Wise

Additional background
  • The index case was asymptomatic when they attended the Team A practice
  • Masks were not consistently worn during team practices
  • People carpooled to team practices with members from outside their householdswithout consistent mask use
  • Spectators/parents mingled outside team practices without consistent mask use or physical distancing
  • Coaches and players interacted with members from multiple teams
  • All exposure to COVID-19 shown in the graphic occurred in Ottawa
  • A presumptive case is an individual who is a close contact of someone who has COVID-19 and has COVID like symptoms but did not get tested

deytookerjaabs

Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
i9bacb0cn1661.jpg

My state has informed the country to "hold my beer."

deytookerjaabs

Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
So, am I officially the first HF Hawks member to be vaccinated? Anyone else get their shot?

Wow, probably. Only other person I know is a doc that lives a couple houses down got his yesterday but he's at Vanderbilt.

Moderators got treated three weeks before the vaccination went public.

I'm sorry to inform you but it's that very first batch which will give you the mark of the beast on your forehead. So, the rapture is gonna be a bit rough.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
In all seriousness we were asked as essential workers whether we’d like to be vaccinated should it be made available. The transportation industry is freaking slammed right now. I don’t work for amazon but good god it’s unconscionable that there’s no option to tip your delivery men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad