OT: Covid-19 (Part 58) Valentine's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Oh so the rhetoric has move from the empty shelves to the police state?
The same theory we used to think when the Patriot Act was sign in the middle the night?

Imagine if every protest from everyone like BLM or climate or whatever was staying in places for weeks making life miserable for everyone in that city? They do it for a day. That's acceptable....for weeks? That's terrorism.

And if you still think the bad apples around there aren't there anymore....they still are, so they won't go after the simple protesters but they will be looking for those who lit a fire, those who arrassed population, those who put Train horn on their truck (there's laws at some points).....just like they would try to get those breaking windows and stealing shit in a standard protest like we've seen 100 times.....stop playing the victim.

Sorry, but protests don’t have an arbitrary deadline or cutoff just because they make you feel uncomfortable. That’s not how this works. Terrorists lol.

WeeBey

Aug 7, 2009
montreal
Imagine if every protest from everyone like BLM or climate or whatever was staying in places for weeks making life miserable for everyone in that city? They do it for a day. That's acceptable....for weeks? That's terrorism.

You don't have to imagine it; right wingers were shitting themselves over CHAZ/CHOP

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I'm disappointed that someone who took the vaccine to save grandma, grandpa and the humanity, someone who cares about my well-being, will suddenly "stop caring" about Covid, because Legault said so.
So you are anti-Legault? Why? Political posts are banned from that side, or maybe it applies only when a mod is biaised with his political opinions. But anyway, you seem to have a problem with every french name that end with 'ault", lol. Like Danault, hahaha !! :laugh::laugh:

How did Legault handled the Qc city convoy lead by Rambo Gauthier last week-end? Good, bad or so and so? Are people of Qc city sleeping at night now or they are being held in hostage? Hey? Hey ? :D:D

Would you prefer sleep in Ottawa or Qc City now? :D:D

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I said where it is going. It’s not a full blown police state, they seldom happen overnight.

the not at all ironic thing about the disconnect in your posts in this thread the past few weeks is that the behavior of those involved in the leadership of this convoy movement is exactly aligned to those who would impose a police state targetting anyone who thinks differntly than them... them "winning" would be a sign that we are heading towards a fascist/police state... and you've been cheering them on every step of the way :facepalm:

Reactions: Theran189

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
So we voted for people in power who let terrorism make their actions without consequences?
Or remove your word terrorism, maybe they are only angry canadians expressing their anger.

The definition of terrorism: the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Well....the convoy for me is the unlawful use of intimidations against civilians in the pursuit of political aims.
Terrorism doesn't have to be violent but I get it since definition of terrorism changed a little after 9-11......

Reactions: Theran189

WeeBey

Aug 7, 2009
montreal
I said where it is going. It’s not a full blown police state, they seldom happen overnight.

lmao The police have let the Convoy have their little temper tantrum for 2 weeks while Indigenous protestors get their doors cracked open and and aiming semis at them.

But when they want you to stop blaring your horns 24/7, suddenly you're worried about a police state.

lmao lol

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Are you part of the crew who did the vaccine to save humanity, unlike the majority of the pleb ? We have a lot of these here, apparently.

I'm confident that they will continue to mask, avoid going outside unless they have a vital reason, since Covid is still there and won't disappear at the end of the mandates.

I read repeatedly that masking and most of the measures are not a big deal at all, it should not a be a problem for them and it contributes greatly to humanity.

I will follow health recommendations by people with more education and experience in this subject than myself.

Odds are I will be cautious for some time after and continue to wear a mask and distance because I’d like to see the data after a little while without restrictions.

While I do fear Covid I have old parents and I’d hate to pass it on from not being cautious.

Also, if no one else is wearing a mask there’s very little difference one person can do. Personally I work from home and don’t really enjoy some of the more intense gathering spots anymore. So I’m least likely to spread it anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forum93

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
lmao The police have let the Convoy have their little temper tantrum for 2 weeks while Indigenous protestors get their doors cracked open and and aiming semis at them.

But when they want you to stop blaring your horns 24/7, suddenly you're worried about a police state.

lmao lol

When did I ever agree with the handling of indigenous protestors? Nice strawman.

Reactions: Cypruss

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
According to today's stats:

3 doses infection rate: 31.9%
2 doses infection rate: 31.7%
0 doses infection rate: 24.7%

3 doses hospitalization rate: 1.60%
2 doses hospitalization rate: 1.32%
0 doses hospitalization rate: 4.53%

Unvaxxed responsible for 22.4% of new hospitalizations. So a drop December's 50%.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ

lmao lol

no I'm sure they were raising the same concerns about the rise of the police state for those protests too :sarcasm: if they didn't, that'd make them hypocrites, right? :sarcasm:

Reactions: WeeBey

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Sorry, but protests don’t have an arbitrary deadline or cutoff just because they make you feel uncomfortable. That’s not how this works. Terrorists lol.

You think they have the right to be there for weeks.....that would give me the right to go in front of your home and protests whatever I choose to for weeks blasting my horn in your living and there's not a thing you or anybody can do about it?

Self-entitlement a little....think about it for a second.

Don’t say those words around here! We prefer build back better!!!

Man....and you call me out for fear mongering?
Do you realize you are getting scared of everything and THIS is actually fear mongering?

Hey measures are taking off, even the passport......why are you still so angry?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The definition of terrorism: the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Well....the convoy for me is the unlawful use of intimidations against civilians in the pursuit of political aims.
Terrorism doesn't have to be violent but I get it since definition of terrorism changed a little after 9-11......
Well, I didn't want to spend (or burn for no real reason) gazoline to go to the Greta march (it sounded illogical for me at the time) and I got a tiny bit of intimidation, so that Greta march was some tiny bit of intimidation, or a tiny bit of terrorism?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
You’re very angry. There are many beautiful things in life to calm you down. Get off the internet, stop reading anger and go for a stroll in the Jardin Botanique

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
You’re very angry. There are many beautiful things in life to calm you down. Get off the internet, stop reading anger and go for a stroll in the Jardin Botanique
I’m not angry, I’m passionate about this. Don’t worry about me, I’m fine.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
You think they have the right to be there for weeks.....that would give me the right to go in front of your home and protests whatever I choose to for weeks blasting my horn in your living and there's not a thing you or anybody can do about it?

Self-entitlement a little....think about it for a second.

Man....and you call me out for fear mongering?
Do you realize you are getting scared of everything and THIS is actually fear mongering?

Hey measures are taking off, even the passport......why are you still so angry?
I said it was a joke milhouse. Not angry, just passionate about this topic.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Well, I didn't want to spend (or burn for no real reason) gazoline to go to the Greta march (it sounded illogical for me at the time) and I got a tiny bit of intimidation, so that Greta march was some tiny bit of intimidation, or a tiny bit of terrorism?

This is not a tiny bit....I didn't even think about that word after the first weekend and even the first full week, but now it's not a protest anymore, that's something else, they don't dictate what the government does and they don't decide for the rest of Canada. The people of Ottawa are living in hell for the last two weeks, for them it feels like terrorism.

I'm freaking annoyed when someone pass in front of my house with his music too loud.....this would feel like a nightmare for me if I was living there.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I’m not angry, I’m passionate about this. Don’t worry about me, I’m fine.
Nah, you’re pretty angry. You’re arguing with almost every poster in this thread for the last 12 months. Chill man. Realize that the media you consume is designed to make you angry so you continue to consume it which in turns makes those folks money.

there is plenty to do even in a pandemic. Things are opening up. Get off the PC, turn off your news and just chill bro.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Nah, you’re pretty angry. You’re arguing with almost every poster in this thread for the last 12 months. Chill man. Realize that the media you consume is designed to make you angry so you continue to consume it which in turns makes those folks money.

there is plenty to do even in a pandemic. Things are opening up. Get off the PC, turn off your news and just chill bro.
I’ve ignored this thread for several months. I don’t agree with most of the people here, voicing my opinion doesn’t make me angry. There’s been posters posting in here everyday since the whole thing began all day long. Are they fearful, afraid or just interested? It’s funny when someone disagrees and is passionate in their beliefs they get painted as some angry, emotional wreck lol. Trust me, I’m fine.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I’ve ignored this thread for several months. I don’t agree with most of the people here, voicing my opinion doesn’t make me angry. There’s been posters posting in here everyday since the whole thing began all day long. Are they fearful, afraid or just interested? It’s funny when someone disagrees and is passionate in their beliefs they get painted as some angry, emotional wreck lol. Trust me, I’m fine.
But you’re mad at everyone tho: Trudeau, Legault, scientists, anyone promotes vaccines. It’s a little irrational.

then there is the hyperbolic language of measures being tyrannical, fascist and authoritarian. I mean it’s really none of that. Chill man

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
This is not a tiny bit....I didn't even think about that word after the first weekend and even the first full week, but now it's not a protest anymore, that's something else, they don't dictate what the government does and they don't decide for the rest of Canada. The people of Ottawa are living in hell for the last two weeks, for them it feels like terrorism.

I'm freaking annoyed when someone pass in front of my house with his music too loud.....this would feel like a nightmare for me if I was living there.
I'm all agree with you. I don't know anyone living in Ottawa but I have empathy for them, I could imagine what they are living. Me too I'm annoyed and agressive when a car pass in front of my house with loud music. My neighbours knows I called the police to end a neightbour who was playing his music too loud. It was that or I was going to beat his @SS and probably getting assault and violence charges. The police did his job very professionaly and I've never heard loud music again from that neighbour. In a way you are right, i's just that we saw other examples of terrorism since 911, I have difficulty with words since extremes makes them relative.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

This is what I advice when I see someone too hooked on internet and his PC. We should all know that PC is a recent invention, we can live without it, yes we can do, we can have a walk on the street, hear the cars, the pick-ups, the suvs, the sound of the wind in the trees and the birds. And also the Byrds, the 60's soft rock group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad