OT: Covid-19 (Part 58) Valentine's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
There is a "convoy" protest in the streets of MTL today in a residential area and their goal is legit just to piss off people. MTL people aren't docile like Ottawa people. Really seems like their goal now is to provoke people into violence.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
There is a "convoy" protest in the streets of MTL today in a residential area and their goal is legit just to piss off people. MTL people aren't docile like Ottawa people. Really seems like their goal now is to provoke people into violence.

I have a carton of expired eggs, was waiting for compost day but this is also just as good.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
upload_2022-2-11_8-46-16.png

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Considering the money gets directly deposited in someone's bank account after the site takes their cut. I'm pretty sure the government can freeze those bank accounts. They just want people to keep donating since they take a cut.
Having jurisdiction over the recipient's bank account and jurisdiction over that organisation/company are not the same thing.

(Disclaimer I have no idea if Canada has jurisdiction over GiveSendGo)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Having jurisdiction over the recipient's bank account and jurisdiction over that organisation/company are not the same thing.

(Disclaimer I have no idea if Canada has jurisdiction over GiveSendGo)

End result is the same. The money can be frozen.

Edit: And here we go.

Reactions: Miller Time

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Thought this was interesting as it shows many of the companies that are taking part in the nonsense. They have a disclaimer in the opening paragraph that needs to be taken into account.

Ottawa Omicronvoy

Reactions: Lshap and Forum93

luthar

Nov 29, 2011
Mtl
Yeah, then they can pose themselves as victims. We saw that story unfold so many times before. Its ABC alt-right playbook.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
They're kindof asking for trouble if they're blocking Montreal, and it's not like they'll get ANY support there.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
They are just gathering here for a trip to Ottawa.

I mean, the way the organizers presented their plan, it's a legit protest, if you agree with their message or not.

What is not acceptable is mostly the blocking of trade routes.

The Ottawa situation is also pretty bad.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
They're kindof asking for trouble if they're blocking Montreal, and it's not like they'll get ANY support there.
But they don't care. Any reaction to their actions will be a boost for them. They are more motivated than what you think. There is no leadership for the vax people except you personally. You might be a brave guy, good for you. :thumbu: But J. Timberlake lacks of leadership.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
But they don't care. Any reaction to their actions will be a boost for them. They are more motivated than what you think. There is no leadership for the vax people except you personally. You might be a brave guy, good for you. :thumbu: But J. Timberlake lacks of leadership.

I'm a bit too far from Montreal to have any stake there.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
A little late....

At least everybody seeing their game, as I've said from the starts, this is a political influence operation and an anti-democratic one on top of it.

It's almost like Ford realized this was hurting him.

Reactions: Milhouse40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad