OT: Covid-19 (Part 58) Valentine's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Where I draw the line is blocking major trade routes...

In a real police state, you know as well as I do that it would have been repressed much faster and harder.
I said where it is going. It’s not a full blown police state, they seldom happen overnight.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Another power counterpoint. You've given me much to consider.
Temporarily removing mandates with the threat of them being imposed whenever they feel like isnt enough. I’m not sure what you’re asking me to counter? You didn’t really say anything.

Reactions: Cypruss

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I hope they stay until they are gone to never return. Cops going door to door with information on protests because they’ve been reading ppls social media posts. It is a right in Canada to protest. These types of intimidation tactics should not be tolerated in this country.

If some are happy with the police state we’re becoming, shame on them. Arresting old men for honking their horn. Give me a break.
It is NOT a right to protest on your own terms, while imposing your own rules.

The ones doing the intimidation and imposing their will on the public are the truckers. Shame on them.

WeeBey

Aug 7, 2009
montreal
Temporarily removing mandates with the threat of them being imposed whenever they feel like isnt enough. I’m not sure what you’re asking me to counter? You didn’t really say anything.

Yeah it's almost like this is a constantly evolving situation...

Also, I made like 3 other assertions and all you said was "You're wrong!"

Reactions: Miller Time

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I will be going out just as much, not more or less. I will probably keep my mask on for a while longer though.

I don’t consider myself an alarmist though. I just don’t want to close again when we fill up hospitals.

Are you part of the crew who did the vaccine to save humanity, unlike the majority of the pleb ? We have a lot of these here, apparently.

I'm confident that they will continue to mask, avoid going outside unless they have a vital reason, since Covid is still there and won't disappear at the end of the mandates.

I read repeatedly that masking and most of the measures are not a big deal at all, it should not a be a problem for them and it contributes greatly to humanity.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
It is NOT a right to protest on your own terms, while imposing your own rules.

The ones doing the intimidation and imposing their will on the public are the truckers. Shame on them.
Shame on the people elected who didn't defend Ottawa citizens too. Truckers and their extreme right rally organisers are not elected, I can't blame them. They do what they do, and now if there is no consequences and the ripost is only words that say you should not do that and blablabla, no actions, then who is to blame? Voters elected people, somewhere it have to mean something or democraty is a big joke, people of Ottawa deserve to be protected, by whoever people in power. Where was the leadership?

Last edited:
Reactions: la25ecoupe

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I hope they stay until they are gone to never return. Cops going door to door with information on protests because they’ve been reading ppls social media posts. It is a right in Canada to protest. These types of intimidation tactics should not be tolerated in this country.

If some are happy with the police state we’re becoming, shame on them. Arresting old men for honking their horn. Give me a break.

Oh so the rhetoric has move from the empty shelves to the police state?
The same theory we used to think when the Patriot Act was sign in the middle the night?

Imagine if every protest from everyone like BLM or climate or whatever was staying in places for weeks making life miserable for everyone in that city? They do it for a day. That's acceptable....for weeks? That's terrorism.

And if you still think the bad apples around there aren't there anymore....they still are, so they won't go after the simple protesters but they will be looking for those who lit a fire, those who arrassed population, those who put Train horn on their truck (there's laws at some points).....just like they would try to get those breaking windows and stealing shit in a standard protest like we've seen 100 times.....stop playing the victim.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If we were going to a police state, one would think the trucks would've stayed in Ottawa for 14 hours, not 14 days.

Reactions: Theran189

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

The end is near.

Will the Covid alarmists, on this thread, keep the mask, distancing and avoid gathering... after the end of the mandates ?

I want to make sure you are sitting down before you read this. Because I'm worried this might be too much for you to understand and I don't want you to pass out and hit your head or anything. Make sure you have someone close by just in case.

Everyone is going to follow the medical guidelines just like we have been doing from the f***ing start of the pandemic.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Are you part of the crew who did the vaccine to save humanity, unlike the majority of the pleb ? We have a lot of these here, apparently.

I'm confident that they will continue to mask, avoid going outside unless they have a vital reason, since Covid is still there and won't disappear at the end of the mandates.

I read repeatedly that masking and most of the measures are not a big deal at all, it should not a be a problem for them and it contributes greatly to humanity.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: seriously man are you OK?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

Dubé saying that they could look at removing the vaccine passport soon. But mentions that part of the discussions they need to have internally is to have a plan if they need to mandate them again if need be.

This is what happen when the anti vax have some kind of power to disturb the whole society. It's the same as paying a ransom. Things like this happen with all kind of pression groups, it depends if the group can eventually be dangerous. I can name a specific example of a group but the rules will delete my message very very fast.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If we were going to a police state, one would think the trucks would've stayed in Ottawa for 14 hours, not 14 days.

Indeed

A police state....give me a break, we can't even give descent sentence for hard criminals.
Many spent their 2 years sentence at home while in the states they would have get 5 years jail time.
Our army has a couple of guns and 2 tanks but one doesn't work.

The World's 10 Most Free Countries - WorldAtlas

We live in the top 5 freest country of the world...nothing less and the pandemic doesn't change that and the truckers convoy crap in Ottawa is actually a proof of that.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Indeed

A police state....give me a break, we can't even give descent sentence for hard criminals.
Many spent their 2 years sentence at home while in the states they would have get 5 years jail time.
Our army has a couple of guns and 2 tanks but one doesn't work.

The World's 10 Most Free Countries - WorldAtlas

We live in the top 5 freest country of the world...nothing less and the pandemic doesn't change that and the truckers convoy crap in Ottawa is actually a proof of that.
also hilarious to me. like how much lack of self awareness do you need to have to not realize how good we have it in Canada... "police state"? :laugh: my goodness

Reactions: Milhouse40

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
it's amazing to me how fast the antis have pivoted from in-your-face aggro, you're all sheep etc. etc. to playing the victim card now that public opinion has decisively turned against them.
Oh they are so much victims now, even the PCC are against them. I am crying now so much for them, snif-snif-snif, sorry I have to stop posting, my keyboard is getting wet, lol. :D

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I want to make sure you are sitting down before you read this. Because I'm worried this might be too much for you to understand and I don't want you to pass out and hit your head or anything. Make sure you have someone close by just in case.

Everyone is going to follow the medical guidelines just like we have been doing from the f***ing start of the pandemic.

I'm disappointed that someone who took the vaccine to save grandma, grandpa and the humanity, someone who cares about my well-being, will suddenly "stop caring" about Covid, because Legault said so.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I'm disappointed that someone who took the vaccine to save grandma, grandpa and the humanity, someone who cares about my well-being, will suddenly "stop caring" about Covid, because Legault said so.

I don't give 2 shits about what Legault says, it's not up to him. He's not my doctor.

How do you still not get it? COVID brain fog?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Oh so the rhetoric has move from the empty shelves to the police state?
The same theory we used to think when the Patriot Act was sign in the middle the night?

Imagine if every protest from everyone like BLM or climate or whatever was staying in places for weeks making life miserable for everyone in that city? They do it for a day. That's acceptable....for weeks? That's terrorism.

And if you still think the bad apples around there aren't there anymore....they still are, so they won't go after the simple protesters but they will be looking for those who lit a fire, those who arrassed population, those who put Train horn on their truck (there's laws at some points).....just like they would try to get those breaking windows and stealing shit in a standard protest like we've seen 100 times.....stop playing the victim.
So we voted for people in power who let terrorism make their actions without consequences?
Or remove your word terrorism, maybe they are only angry canadians expressing their anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad