OT: Covid-19 (Part 58) Valentine's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
"you guys"? You're lumping me in with people making bomb threats? Really? Who's the conspiracy theorist? Lol

Bullshit excuse is all you got against people having their fundamental rights violated? Your lack of concern for the upholding of the Charter is clear.
Easy solution Wanna fly Get vaccinated Don’t want to ? Live with your choice
The charter doesn’t say anywhere as a Canadian citizen that other countries have to let you in
It doesn’t say that at all

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Dude again You can’t enter the US unvaxxed and a lot of European counties have followed suit
How is this Trudeaus fault? It’s not

The Charter has nothing to do with other countries' travel policies. Section 6 says "every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada."

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
The Charter has nothing to do with other countries' travel policies. Section 6 says "every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada."
You’re in Canada You can drive anywhere you want You can’t fly That’s yours choice
And you can’t leave Canada if the other county doesn’t accept you So go tell Biden and the EU leaders they’re wrong
Go join my loser cousins in Greece who protest cuz they think the government is targeting them

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
A democracy works when ideas are debated. When someone resorts to smear tactics, lies, insults and force to silence anyone who disagrees with him, what do you call that?

Also yes, trudeau was elected, but that doesn't give him four years of dictatorial control of over Canada, that's not how it works either. Emergency act when he literally did nothing to diffuse the situation... Shameful.

BTW, I am not in Canada, so I have had limited access to Canadian media.

The ideas were well debated during the election campaign, democracy? You and the protestors had a chance to have your say at the ballot box. Democracy!

The organizers of the protest were in contact with the authorities long before they arrived in Ottawa. The protestors said they would occupy the city, and they did. Issues were discussed, the mandates were withdrawn. But the protestors still did not leave. The media had to have bodyguards just to do their job, a free and open media is part of democracy.

Trudeau has a minority (he has anything but dictatorial control of the government), the opposition can defeat his government at any time. Yet they have not. That is how a democracy works. Did you take Canadian Politics 101?

Democracy is dialogue, protesting in the streets is part of a healthy democracy, not a military-style occupation.

Reactions: LarryO and Zorba

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
You’re in Canada You can drive anywhere you want You can’t fly That’s yours choice
And you can’t leave Canada if the other county doesn’t accept you So go tell Biden and the EU leaders they’re wrong
Go join my loser cousins in Greece who protest cuz they think the government is targeting them

Again, every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada. I don't care about other countries, I care about our rights as Canadians.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing

The government owns your passport, it has a right to suspend, and cancel your passport, and the government has ALWAYS limited your right to cross the borders. Do you have a drug conviction? You cannot enter another nation, effectively you cannot leave Canada. Did you fight for ISIS? The government will not allow you back in. Where were you then? And these actions are all considered constitutional.

Reactions: Andy

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
BTW, I am not in Canada, so I have had limited access to Canadian media.

The ideas were well debated during the election campaign, democracy? You and the protestors had a chance to have your say at the ballot box. Democracy!

The organizers of the protest were in contact with the authorities long before they arrived in Ottawa. The protestors said they would occupy the city, and they did. Issues were discussed, the mandates were withdrawn. But the protestors still did not leave. The media had to have bodyguards just to do their job, a free and open media is part of democracy.

Trudeau has a minority (he has anything but dictatorial control of the government), the opposition can defeat his government at any time. Yet they have not. That is how a democracy works. Did you take Canadian Politics 101?

Democracy is dialogue, protesting in the streets is part of a healthy democracy, not a military-style occupation.

Were labeled a fringe group holding unacceptable views before they got there.

Last edited:

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Again, every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada. I don't care about other countries, I care about our rights as Canadians.
You can’t leave Canada if the other country doesn’t want you You’re in the fringe 10% man That’s all
You will not be taken seriously This bullshit trump style protest hurt you more than help you
I have two last words for you If you want to travel freely GET VACCINATED

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
You can’t leave Canada if the other country doesn’t want you You’re in the fringe 10% man That’s all
You will not be taken seriously This bullshit trump style protest hurt you more than help you
I have two last words for you If you want to travel freely GET VACCINATED

Again, every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada. Is there anything I can do to help you understand?

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
The government owns your passport, it has a right to suspend, and cancel your passport, and the government has ALWAYS limited your right to cross the borders. Do you have a drug conviction? You cannot enter another nation, effectively you cannot leave Canada. Did you fight for ISIS? The government will not allow you back in. Where were you then? And these actions are all considered constitutional.

You're equating not taking a vaccine with fighting for ISIS?

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Werel abeled a fringe group holding unacceptable views before they got there.

The protestors are in a small minority, they ARE a fringe group, by definition.

They stated their intention was to topple the duly elected government, that IS unacceptable. Maybe you like the rule of the mob. I do not. It is in the Constitution, "law, order, and good government".

You talk about rights, dialogue, and democracy, but those were NOT the stated goals of the protestors.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
I never said anything about getting vaccinated, you are obfuscating because you have no argument to support your point of view.

Uh are you not following? That's the whole point of the debate, if you're not vaccinated you're not allowed to freely travel across canada and abroad.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Unvaccinated people are no longer allowed to travel freely within the country, nor are they allowed to leave. This goes against section 6 of the Charter.

Unvaccinated Canadian citizens are allowed to travel freely within the country.
Unvaccinated Canadian citizens are allowed to leave the country.

The Charter doesn't guarantee access to public transportations across the country. Not be able to board a train or a plane is a choice people decided to take, now they have to live with it, woah.
The Charter doesn't guarantee that foreign countries will take you in... It's 100% up to them to set the rules for entering, that's sovereignty for you. If they says you need to be vaxed to enter and you're not, then tough shit bro.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Unvaccinated Canadian citizens are allowed to travel freely within the country.
Unvaccinated Canadian citizens are allowed to leave the country.

The Charter doesn't guarantee access to public transportations across the country. Not be able to board a train or a plane is a choice people decided to take, now they have to live with it, woah.
The Charter doesn't guarantee that foreign countries will take you in... It's 100% up to them to set the rules for entering, that's sovereignty for you. If they says you need to be vaxed to enter and you're not, then tough shit bro.

Again, every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada. I'm starting to sound like a broken record when I say other countries' travel policies are irrelevant to the discussion. And no when you can't board a plane or a train in this country, you're not allowed to travel freely. It's unreasonable to expect someone to travel 5k km by car for a trip that would take a few hours by plane. If that's what free travel looks like to you, then I dunno what to tell you.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Uh are you not following? That's the whole point of the debate, if you're not vaccinated you're not allowed to freely travel across canada and abroad.

You said it is in the Constitution, Section 6, that all citizens have the right to leave and enter Canada, and I gave examples of situations when the Government limits those rights. Legally.
Whether vaccines can fall into those limits will be tested in Court, as it should be. Democracy!
BTW, airlines do have the right, as a private business, to limit who goes on their planes, it has nothing to do with the Government.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
You can drive
You made your decision . Now I’m gonna use the vaccine passport me DEMOCRATICALLY elected government in BC gave me to go see a movie
Good news for you, you can soon go too
Covid restrictions are being eased

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Again, every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada. I'm starting to sound like a broken record when I say other countries' travel policies are irrelevant to the discussion.

You're wrong, and I gave you examples.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
Again, every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada. I'm starting to sound like a broken record when I say other countries' travel policies are irrelevant to the discussion. And no when you can't board a plane or a train in this country, you're not allowed to travel freely. It's unreasonable to expect someone to travel 5k km by car for a trip that would take a few hours by plane. If that's what free travel looks like to you, then I dunno what to tell you.

It may be unreasonable to expect someone to travel 5k Km by car....but it's still mean you are free to do it. That is a pretty easy concept to grasp. You are bending the right of free travel to make it fit your argument.

You are so close to the tree that you fail to see the forest right in front of you.

Reactions: Andy and Zorba

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

The luxury of boarding trains and planes isn't a right.....their rights of travelling has not been taking away, they privilege of using certain means to travel has.

And just to be clear....you are fighting for the right to get out of Canada is restore to unvaccinated even though they can't go anywhere anyway?

Imagine you are born in 1900....
At 14 years old a world war starts
At 18 years old it's a deadly pandemic
At 29 years old it's the great depression
At 41 years old it's world war 2.....

Now they throw a tantrum cause they can't board a plane TEMPORARILY during a pandemic or are not allowed to go to place they wouldn't even be able to go anyway?

Makes senses
Life is really hard and unfair.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
It may be unreasonable to expect someone to travel 5k Km by car....but it's still mean you are free to do it. That is a pretty easy concept to grasp. You are bending the right of free travel to make it fit your argument.

You are so close to the tree that you fail to see the forest right in front of you.

Yeah but unlike you, I'm not ready to throw reason out the window.

WeeBey

Aug 7, 2009
montreal

How many times do we have to explain to you that the mandate doesn't prohibit you from leaving, you just have to quarantine when you come back?

That's a moot point though because the US won't let you in in the first place.

Reactions: Andy and LarryO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad