OT: Covid-19 (Part 58) Valentine's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Why are people still protesting?? Have they not heard that most COVID related rules are being eased??

If I was in charge I would have quit while I was ahead. Been like “I’m glad the provincial and federal government have listened to our concerns and are taking the necessary steps to rectify the gross abuse of power.”

They could have gotten out of there peacefully, under their own terms and taken credit for the changes.

They actually had some momentum with a little support from people who just wanted restrictions lifted and life to get back to normal. Now, most people have lost interest in whatever they’re fighting for.
Because… it was never really about Covid restrictions.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

I know it's not everyone of them that are intimidating the medias
I'ts not everyone of them that are racist (just the top organizers and some folks with the confederate, swastikas, diagalon and 3% flags)
It's not everyone of them who used childrens as shield.........

Man I'm so sick and tired of those people, those are the real sheeps.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal

I know it's not everyone of them that are intimidating the medias
I'ts not everyone of them that are racist (just the top organizers and some folks with the confederate, swastikas, diagalon and 3% flags)
It's not everyone of them who used childrens as shield.........

Man I'm so sick and tired of those people, those are the real sheeps.

That man shouldn't have pushed that reporter. That was assault; good thing it was caught on camera.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
That's true, but also at a time when some Police were being chummy with the protesters, even having selfies taken with them, and not enforcing bylaws in place.

Plenty of vacancies across the country if you’re interested in applying

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Best thing is, he put water on it. That did nothing or made it worse. Has to be milk.

Where's Kurt Angle when you need him?

kurt-angle-milkomania.gif

kurt-angle-milk.gif

Attachments

• upload_2022-2-19_12-28-31.jpeg
    upload_2022-2-19_12-28-31.jpeg
    11.2 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Phil Parent

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
I am all for freedom of expression, and lawful protests. Thing is, most protestors do their thing, and go home. That is not what happened here, they occupied a city, and their actions caused thousands of citizens to lose their jobs. The protestors blocked city streets for weeks. They threatened our very democracy (they forced the Speaker to cancel a sitting of Parliament). They use military tactics and military slogans (hold the line). We were all given the right to vote on the Covid19 measures. They talk about freedom but nowhere is it written that anyone has a right to go to a restaurant, a gym, or an outdoor gathering. No one is forcing them to get a vaccine. Their protest/occupation was declared illegal, yet they still refused to leave.

Honestly, Canada is a laughing stock., and we are not able to control a few thousand protestors.

Under these extraordinary circumstances, Trudeau declared emergency measures. They claim that the measures are "heavy-handed", now they are crying, that they are being held accountable for their actions. Most likely they will never see a day in Court.

Freedom, to them, seems to mean, "I get to do whatever I want", forget about everyone else.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
I am all for freedom of expression, and lawful protests. Thing is, most protestors do their thing, and go home. That is not what happened here, they occupied a city, and their actions caused thousands of citizens to lose their jobs. The protestors blocked city streets for weeks. They threatened our very democracy (they forced the Speaker to cancel a sitting of Parliament). They use military tactics and military slogans (hold the line). We were all given the right to vote on the Covid19 measures. They talk about freedom but nowhere is it written that anyone has a right to go to a restaurant, a gym, or an outdoor gathering. No one is forcing them to get a vaccine. Their protest/occupation was declared illegal, yet they still refused to leave.

Honestly, Canada is a laughing stock., and we are not able to control a few thousand protestors.

Under these extraordinary circumstances, Trudeau declared emergency measures. They claim that the measures are "heavy-handed", now they are crying, that they are being held accountable for their actions. Most likely they will never see a day in Court.

Freedom, to them, seems to mean, "I get to do whatever I want", forget about everyone else.

Did you gobble up the media's gaslighting? Threatened our democracy? You're not serious are you? If there's someone threatening our democracy it's trudeau, who vilified a group with hateful divisive rhetoric for not agreeing with his mandates, which are argued to be unconstitutional, flees the capitol, does absolutely nothing to diffuse the situation, and then evokes the emergency act to overpower the protestors. Please tell how this is in any way appropriate, let alone democratic. Democracy requires dialogue.

Slandering people who oppose his views, telling the country they are fringe and hold "unacceptable views" and then granting himself extreme powers to end the demonstration in order to avoid dialogue is antidemocratic.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Did you gobble up the media's gaslighting? Threatened our democracy? You're not serious are you? If there's someone threatening our democracy it's trudeau, who vilified a group with hateful divisive rhetoric for not agreeing with his mandates, which are argued to be unconstitutional, flees the capitol, does absolutely nothing to diffuse the situation, and then evokes the emergency act to overpower the protestors. Please tell how this is in any way appropriate, let alone democratic. Democracy requires dialogue.

Slandering people who oppose his views, telling the country they are fringe and hold "unacceptable views" and then granting himself extreme powers to end the demonstration in order to avoid dialogue is antidemocratic.

Maybe you watch too much medias also....just not the same medias but still medias. Seems to be repeating what they are telling everyone to say....not very original.

They started by calling us sheeps. Intimidation.
Then they started to attack the free press. Intimidation
Then they even were death threat being sent to politicians and others. Intimidation

And they all did it before Trudeau vilified anyone.
The flags f*** Trudeau was very present during his campaign and even throwing rocks at him,

Intimidation.
This protest is all about intimidation.

And now they want to ''dialogue'', right?
Now they want the Prime Minister and the people to respect them?
They were hanging dolls of Trudeau during his campaing and now they are the ''good guys''.
Those are the same people.

If I find 10,000 people to block the city of Ottawa for 3 weeks and asked the vaccine was made mandatory for everyone.....and we're not moving until they do it.....would they have to do it? If I get 50,000 people and ask the minimum wage was up to 30$ every where in the country, are they force to do it?

Is that how it works now?

There was an Elections, he won.......then his party has been freshly Elected to take decisions, not the 10,000 people in the streets bullying their way thinking their opinion is worth more than other and thinking they can rule by intimidation.

Measures are taken off pretty much everywhere, even vaccine passport.....what the f*** are they protesting for now?
Not happy? Not enough? Acting like they want to rule the country or......INTIMIDATE the government.

Never forget.....they were the ones starting divising everyone at the beginning of this pandemic, not the other way around.

Last edited:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Maybe you watch too much medias also....just not the same medias but still medias. Seems to be repeating what they are telling everyone to say....not very original.

Then they even were death threat being sent to politicians and others. Intimidation

The flags f*** Trudeau was very present during his campaign and even throwing rocks at him,

Intimidation.

They were hanging dolls of Trudeau during his campaing and now they are the ''good guys''.

If I find 10,000 people to block the city of Ottawa for 3 weeks and asked the vaccine was made mandatory for everyone.....and we're not moving until they do it.....would they have to do it? If I get 50,000 people and ask the minimum wage was up to 30$ every where in the country, are they force to do it?

There was an Elections, he won.......then his party has been freshly Elected to take decisions, not the 10,000 people in the streets bullying their way thinking their opinion is worth more than other and thinking they can rule by intimidation.

Measures are taken off pretty much everywhere, even vaccine passport.....what the f*** are they protesting for now?
Not happy? Not enough? Acting like they want to rule the country or......INTIMIDATE the government.

Never forget.....they were the ones starting divising everyone at the beginning of this pandemic, not the other way around.
You forgot to mention that most of the measures they weee protesting are provincially imposed.

this whole saga isn’t about covid, this is a manifestation of rising right wing fascism, i.e., a small minority of folks who recognize that their views are so out of date that the only way those views will be accommodated is if they forcefully impose them on others through intimidation and threats of violence.

it’s an extension of American culture wars that is slowly making its way into Canada. Luckily, most Canadians are centre and left of centre, which is reflected in the fact that 4 of the 5 major parties on that side of the political spectrum.

the federal conservatives are playing a dangerous game by co-opting the fringe right in order to have an electoral chance

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal

Intimidation.

They they they they they every.... Who's they? You're just lumping people into the same group and trying to discredit it as a whole. People are individuals, stop parroting trudeau's divisive rhetoric, stop playing identity politics. Again trudeau a couple days ago accused the entire CPC of standing by the swastika and then walked out of the House. Ffs, open your eyes, this is not how democracy works.

A democracy works when ideas are debated. When someone resorts to smear tactics, lies, insults and force to silence anyone who disagrees with him, what do you call that?

Also yes, trudeau was elected, but that doesn't give him four years of dictatorial control of over Canada, that's not how it works either. Emergency act when he literally did nothing to diffuse the situation... Shameful.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
You forgot to mention that most of the measures they weee protesting are provincially imposed.

this whole saga isn’t about covid, this is a manifestation of rising right wing fascism, i.e., a small minority of folks who recognize that their views are so out of date that the only way those views will be accommodated is if they forcefully impose them on others through intimidation and threats of violence.

it’s an extension of American culture wars that is slowly making its way into Canada. Luckily, most Canadians are centre and left of centre, which is reflected in the fact that 4 of the 5 major parties on that side of the political spectrum.

the federal conservatives are playing a dangerous game by co-opting the fringe right in order to have an electoral chance

Fascism.. For being for the removal of the mandates that some people believe are in violation of their Charter rights?

"Fascist" has become such a meaningless label, it's used by people who can't stand that their views are being questioned and are unable to defend them. The smallest most disproportionate sign of hate in any movement is all it takes for the whole thing to be deemed fascist. It's intellectually cheap, and serves no purpose other than to bolster one's own ideological presuppositions.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Fascism.. For being for the removal of the mandates that some people believe are in violation of their Charter rights?

"Fascist" has become such a meaningless label, it's used by people who can't stand that their views are being questioned and are unable to defend them. The smallest most disproportionate sign of hate in any movement is all it takes for the whole thing to be deemed fascist. It's intellectually cheap, and serves no purpose other than to bolster one's own ideological presuppositions.
we had an election 6 months ago with covid restrictions on the ballot. The party pro restrictions won the vote.

a minority of folks thought they could take a city hostage to overthrow a duly elected government. One faction declared themselves sovereign citizens with the ability to make public arrests. Another faction suggested the use a violence. They all but declared themselves a parallel power to a democratic government.

Last edited:

WeeBey

Aug 7, 2009
montreal

How much longer are you going to ignore the fact that the organizers explicitly stated that their goal was to usurp the prime minister and form their own government?

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
How much longer are you going to ignore the fact that the organizers explicitly stated that their goal was to usurp the prime minister and form their own government?

They also explicitly said a ton of things that directly contradict what you're saying. Which organizers? What did they say exactly?

People can rally behind a cause, protest with a group and not necessarily share all its goals. If i spot you at a blm protest, should I a) assume you're protesting against racism, or b) automatically assume you want to upend the nuclear family structure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad