OT: Covid-19 (Part 58) Valentine's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
You keep talking about rights. Others point out that no actual rights have been violated. You then repeat the claim, as if saying it over and over makes it true.

Here's the straightforward reality: You remain free to do whatever you want. However, like everything in life, there's a limit to where you can do it.

Your point ???

:sarcasm:

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Can't you read the 2nd sentence in the post you quoted?

Section 6 is not violated by the measures. I don't know what you don't understand there.
That will be up to the courts to decide. What's your point with section 6.3? Still waiting.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
That will be up to the courts to decide. What's your point with section 6.3? Still waiting.

You can't be for real. I already said my point about 6.3.

It explains the limitations of section 6, which the current measures fall in, so the measures don't violate section 6.

Is that spelled out enough for you?

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
You can't be for real. I already said my point about 6.3.

It explains the limitations of section 6, which the current measures fall in, so the measures don't violate section 6.

Is that spelled out enough for you?

Limitations of 6.2 not of 6.1. Can you even read?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

We take her presence for granted because The Queen has been there through four generations. It's insane... today's kids, young adults, my generation, people over 80 – all of us grew up knowing only one Queen, the same lady who's been there since Winston Churchill sat in her drawing room and is there today in the news about Covid.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Weren't you going on about how you can't travel within Canada? Can you even read yourself?

Nobody mentioned interprovincial work or relocation, that's not what's being discussed in this thread.

Again, in case you missed it, every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.

Reactions: Cypruss

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I watched most of the protests on youtube, where there was audio and cameras were close up. If you closed your eyes you would swear you were listening to the Capitol insurrection in DC, except for the odd Timmies references, dumb ass hosers. :laugh:

Reactions: Theran189

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Nobody mentioned interprovincial work or relocation, that's not what's being discussed in this thread.

Again, in case you missed it, every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.

And you can do so if you present the correct paperwork, such as a valid passport and vaccine passport.

People without a valid vaccine passport can just go get one.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
And you can do so if you present the correct paperwork, such as a valid passport and vaccine passport.

People without a valid vaccine passport can just go get one.

You're right, as it stands this is unvaccinated people's only option.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Yes, you have the right to leave Canada, but other sovereign nations are permitted to have their own rules for entry.

So yes, you can leave Canada, but if you want to enter the US or return, you need to choose between testing and quarantine or getting vaccinated.

Vaccinated and non-vaccinated are permitted to travel across Canada. That right is still bestowed on you. What an employer requires in order to work at their company is something different. You needed a certain class designation on your license to drive a truck, is that a lack of freedom?

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
The good news is that we were already moving on and are continuing to do so. I'm typing this from a breakfast restaurant, had a nice dinner at a restaurant last night, going to the gym later today. Other than January, life has been back to normal for me since last summer.

The passports are being phased out soon, a logical step based on the evolving info. At some point soon all restrictions will disappear because, in the end, neither citizens nor government want them. They're an administrative and fiscal nightmare. The only difference is that some can't see beyond their emotional suspicions that the measures are oppressive, meant to control them, etc. Of course, none of their predictions will come true. In the end, it will have been a lot of yelling and self-righteousness for absolutely nothing.

Stop making so much sense please.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Yes, you have the right to leave Canada, but other sovereign nations are permitted to have their own rules for entry.

So yes, you can leave Canada, but if you want to enter the US or return, you need to choose between testing and quarantine or getting vaccinated.

Vaccinated and non-vaccinated are permitted to travel across Canada. That right is still bestowed on you. What an employer requires in order to work at their company is something different. You needed a certain class designation on your license to drive a truck, is that a lack of freedom?

Yeah but I'm not talking about the USA specifically. There are over 100 countries in the world; if an unvaccinated person is banned from taking a commercial aircraft, he can not exercise his right to travel abroad freely.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Yeah but I'm not talking about the USA specifically. There are over 100 countries in the world; if an unvaccinated person is banned from taking a commercial aircraft, he can not exercise his right to travel abroad freely.

Canada cannot guarantee you the right to enter another country. You have the right to leave, you don’t have the right of entry to a foreign nation. I am not sure if there are simpler words to explain this to you.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Canada cannot guarantee you the right to enter another country. You have the right to leave, you don’t have the right of entry to a foreign nation. I am not sure if there are simpler words to explain this to you.

When did I ever make that claim?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Oh : There's obviously no inherent right to go to any other country than the country of residency/citizenship.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
When did I ever make that claim?
In every post.

Canada cannot guarantee you the right to enter foreign nations and the right of free movement doesn’t guarantee you the right of accessing modes of transport to exercise that right.

you are free to move about and leave, a foreign nation doesn’t have to take you in, and your country doesn’t have to provide with the method of transport.

A lack of travel passport would also prevent you from boarding commercial international flights.

you can also drive, bike, walk across Canada. You can also drive to the US. You can also buy your own boat and sails the oceans.

you’re being very immature here

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

I mean, if you really, but really want to make sure you don't get it, and that you don't even understand the grasp of your whole tirade, that's the answer to give.
I don't know why you're doing so though.

Reactions: Andy

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
In every post.

Canada cannot guarantee you the right to enter foreign nations and the right of free movement doesn’t guarantee you the right of accessing modes of transport to exercise that right.

you are free to move about and leave, a foreign nation doesn’t have to take you in, and your country doesn’t have to provide with the method of transport.

A lack of travel passport would also prevent you from boarding commercial international flights.

you can also drive, bike, walk across Canada. You can also drive to the US. You can also buy your own boat and sails the oceans.

you’re being very immature here

Again, when did I ever make that claim?

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
I mean, if you really, but really want to make sure you don't get it, and that you don't even understand the grasp of your whole tirade, that's the answer to give.
I don't know why you're doing so though.

My posts are clear.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Again, when did I ever make that claim?
Behold:

[QUOTE="snakeye, post: 182929038, member: 56122”]
Again, in case you missed it, every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.[/QUOTE]

Canada has not removed your right to leave the country. You can still do so. They cannot however guarantee that your host nation will accept you. You cannot talk about the right of leave without talking about right of entry. (mod)

likewise, Canada doesn’t have to guarantee you the right of transport to leave. You can always sails, walk, bike or drive via your own means.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Forum93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad