OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

I was upset we were doing under 50k vaccines a day a few weeks back but we've made up for it. We're close to 100k daily, cases have stabilized, ICU has dropped, etc...

We're in good shape.

Unlike the first 2 waves, I actually feel if we keep this up we'll move on from the restrictions and have some sort of normalcy fairly easily.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Were like a couple weeks away from having good numbers. We already are trending in right direction in Quebec so it works.

I’d rather just tough it out another few weeks and move on.
US should've waited until Memorial Day. Full re-opening would've made sense. Now you'll get some places opening prematurely.

Just be patient. We've waited this long anyway.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I was upset we were doing under 50k vaccines a day a few weeks back but we've made up for it. We're close to 100k daily, cases have stabilized, ICU has dropped, etc...

We're in good shape.

Unlike the first 2 waves, I actually feel if we keep this up we'll move on from the restrictions and have some sort of normalcy fairly easily.

Yep, as long as we continue to receive the amount of Pfizer/Moderna vaccines that we have in the last week (which we're supposed to), then we should be able to hit the 5.3 million first doses (75% of the adult population) by June 2nd or 3rd as long as the demand keeps up. If ever the demand waivers at one point and they have a harder time attracting people to get their first doses, than they should move up all the 2nd doses if possible.

Reactions: Andrei79

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
They are not though.

I suspect you will see a smaller percentage of young people take the vaccine. Ultimately that may be irrelevant as they may still reach 70-75% with the older demographics already hit and just getting a good chunk of the younger demographic.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I suspect you will see a smaller percentage of young people take the vaccine. Ultimately that may be irrelevant as they may still reach 70-75% with the older demographics already hit and just getting a good chunk of the younger demographic.

I still have hope most will take it. If the 40-59 Facebook generation can have good numbers, so should the younger ones.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Mister Ppil

Jun 22, 2019

I think a lot of younger people will take the first shot, however, if things re-open before they get their 2nd shot, you will not see a high take rate on the second shot, especially if its in the July/August timeframe.

I just hope that they won’t maintain a bunch of restrictions until most get their second shot just to make sure that they get a high take rate on it...

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
I dont think we will have issues with the youth. Everyone i know who was hesitant now has taken an appointment.
Quebec will definitely be the 1st province of the big 4 to hit 75% vaxxed by early June.

Reactions: llamateizer

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Costco in the US has a new policy:

"U.S. locations with no state or local mask requirements - revised policy
In Costco locations where the state or local jurisdiction does not have a mask mandate, we will allow members and guests who are fully vaccinated to enter Costco without a face mask or face shield. We will not require proof of vaccination, but we ask for members’ responsible and respectful cooperation with this revised policy. Face coverings will still be required in healthcare settings, including Pharmacy, Optical, Hearing Aid. Costco continues to recommend that all members and guests, especially those who are at higher risk, wear a mask or shield.

U.S. locations with state or local mask requirements - no policy change
In those Costco locations where the state or local jurisdiction does have a mask mandate, we will follow the state or local regulations and continue to require members and guests to wear a face mask or face shield. Children under the age of 2 are exempt. If a member or guest has a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, they must wear a face shield."

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think a lot of younger people will take the first shot, however, if things re-open before they get their 2nd shot, you will not see a high take rate on the second shot, especially if its in the July/August timeframe.

I just hope that they won’t maintain a bunch of restrictions until most get their second shot just to make sure that they get a high take rate on it...
I took my vaccine a month ago, my 2nd dose is set for August. They're not going to keep things closed until august..september..october...

Probably still have mask measures and such, but everything should reopen by next month.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Costco in the US has a new policy:

"U.S. locations with no state or local mask requirements - revised policy
In Costco locations where the state or local jurisdiction does not have a mask mandate, we will allow members and guests who are fully vaccinated to enter Costco without a face mask or face shield. We will not require proof of vaccination, but we ask for members’ responsible and respectful cooperation with this revised policy. Face coverings will still be required in healthcare settings, including Pharmacy, Optical, Hearing Aid. Costco continues to recommend that all members and guests, especially those who are at higher risk, wear a mask or shield.

U.S. locations with state or local mask requirements - no policy change
In those Costco locations where the state or local jurisdiction does have a mask mandate, we will follow the state or local regulations and continue to require members and guests to wear a face mask or face shield. Children under the age of 2 are exempt. If a member or guest has a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, they must wear a face shield."

Lol..ya..that'll work.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Probably but I still think the younger wants to return to normal more than anyone. Last time I checked the 18-25 for Quebec was already at 50% if they take into account the appointements taken.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I took my vaccine a month ago, my 2nd dose is set for August. They're not going to keep things closed until august..september..october...

Probably still have mask measures and such, but everything should reopen by next month.

2nd doses will Come faster than expected. There is some little birds saying the US is filling us with tons of vaccine cause they want to use Canada as an exemple to follow

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
any updated data like this? I'd like to see the new numbers. We're probably over 75%.

E1WGoQEWEAMl-w9

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
2nd doses will Come faster than expected. There is some little birds saying the US is filling us with tons of vaccine cause they want to use Canada as an exemple to follow
Maybe, but we aren't waiting for the 2nd doses to reopen. Summer is here. Legault already said we'll have a better one that last year.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yep, especially in the US. if it would be in Japan or Singapore etc. it would work.
I know in Madrid there was a restaurant that operated on honor system. Just a bunch of tapas on toothpicks open on counters, you pay by bringing them the little sticks.
But in the US?? Last place, I wouldn't bet on this working. Not to mention a lot of the states removing full measures contain a lot of anti-vax nutjobs.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I think that even for some of the people against vaccines in general (I know a few), they don't want to have any issues traveling after this is done (to whatever country that may impose strict vaccine regulations before entering), so they're just getting it done so they can go on with their lives.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I think that even for some of the people against vaccines in general (I know a few), they don't want to have any issues traveling after this is done (to whatever country that may impose strict vaccine regulations before entering), so they're just getting it done so they can go on with their lives.

Same here.
Many People will also follow once they realized most around them are vaccinated.

Happened to some of my friends. They were a little concern but since 95% at work and the people around them got it, they didn't wanted to be the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad