OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I don't do much after 20h or 21h30 anyway. I can't go see my friends, got to the restaurants anyway.

I think the curfew is especially annoying for people living alone where they're allowed to see 1 person and they have to come back home before curfew.

It's more annoying that it restricts barebones activities that have 0 chance of infecting anyone. I love going for runs at around midnight or later precisely because there's no one to dodge and it's easy to just tune out. I could skirt this by just taking my dog with me but he's a bit of a lunatic and would defeat the purpose.

it shows that some country like US have trouble to get people vaccinated even if they have vaccine.

They offer beer and a 1M lottery to get them motivated.

The one offering burger meals made me lol. Given how much obesity has factored into covid deaths, maybe not the smartest incentive to be doling out :laugh:

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
It's more annoying that it restricts barebones activities that have 0 chance of infecting anyone. I love going for runs at around midnight or later precisely because there's no one to dodge and it's easy to just tune out. I could skirt this by just taking my dog with me but he's a bit of a lunatic and would defeat the purpose.

The one offering burger meals made me lol. Given how much obesity has factored into covid deaths, maybe not the smartest incentive to be doling out :laugh:

I run too. Are you any good :P

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I run too. Are you any good :P

Not really. I used to be able to do a few 5k runs a week with no real issue but a back problem and getting rolled over some dumb bitch's hood two summers ago made running painful. Gonna be pushing myself back into it this summer now that I'm feeling better, though!

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Had there not been any delays with the deliveries of the Pfizer and Modern vaccines, we would more than likely be ahead of the US in terms of vaccinations at the moment. Most of the infrastructure is in place to do even more than we're doing now.

I have no doubt about that. When my wife and I went for our vaccine in Barrie some 3 weeks ago, there were 10 stations. After the increase of deliveries since then, there were 20 stations when my sis in law went to get her vaccine last week.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Not really. I used to be able to do a few 5k runs a week with no real issue but a back problem and getting rolled over some dumb bitch's hood two summers ago made running painful. Gonna be pushing myself back into it this summer now that I'm feeling better, though!

just came back from a half marathon, nothing better than a tun on a hot day on country roads

Reactions: LeHab and overlords

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
On your edit: I can't even handle the swings playing 0.25/0.50....it gives you an idea. I really don't play the same way in cash games. I tried, but I overthink too much. I have no problem in tournament putting a big 3-bet on a semi-bluff after the flop, but in a cash games, I play it safe and try to hit before putting my money in.

In tourney, I'm extremely agressive and play a very very wide range of cards depending on my position on the table and even get into hands I don't have business being in and simply push tight players around (unless I'm close to make the money and on the final table) while in a cash games I become the tight players being pushed around just because I think more about my stack than the game itself.
I’m a aggressor player tbh, I make you pay to see another card whether I have a hand or not, not every time, but on average I’m not going to let you chase that flush or open ended straight if I can help it. Any time I try to set a trap with the best hand it seems like my opponent hits runner/runner or something foolish. The hard part is, I find a lot of these guys have cash to burn, so it’s hard to get them off a flush draw or an open ended straight.

My philosophy has always been your better off picking up the blinds or the money already in the pot rather than give someone a free card. Now if I have the nuts I might play it a bit differently, I still prefer to value bet and build that pot then hope my opponent takes a swing. Knowing the type of player your up against helps a bit, but I’m a big believer in optimum game theory and studying your opponent can cause more problems than it’s worth.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't do much after 20h or 21h30 anyway. I can't go see my friends, got to the restaurants anyway.

I think the curfew is especially annoying for people living alone where they're allowed to see 1 person and they have to come back home before curfew.

I just don't like having this imposed. And ya, it's particularly annoying too because I can't just go see a friend after work and head back home. Always a damn sleepover.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
because I can't just go see a friend after work and head back home. Always a damn sleepover.

985.jpg

Reactions: knuck

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
PHAC maintain its recommendation of 75%/20% vaccinated before relaxing restrictions: Levée des restrictions : un peu cet été, plus à l’automne, prévoit Ottawa | Coronavirus

Currently Quebec is at 43%/2.6% (But we don't have to listen to whatever PHAC is saying, so there's that.)

I strongly hope we don't listen to that nonsense.

According to them, to do picnics, hiking and camping (all of which are currently allowed in red zones throughout Quebec) you need to have hit the 75%/20% treshold.

This is complete nonsense. I mean, it's not just about Sweden and some "rogue countries" anymore. Most civilzed and developed countries are currently actively deconfining. As should they.

I'm not speaking about holding festivals here. But at some point this summer, allowed or not, I'm definitely going to be hitting some drinks with a friend. After 13 months of this and 75% of the population being partially vaccinated somewhere in June, there's nothing rational in preventing people to gather in small groups.

Last edited:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I strongly hope we don't listen to that nonsense.

According to them, to do picnics, hiking and camping (all of which are currently allowed in red zones throughout Quebec) you need to have hit the 75%/20% treshold.

This is complete nonsense. I mean, it's not just about Sweden and some "rogue countries" anymore. Most civilzed and developed countries are currently actively deconfining.

Yeah the recommendation come across as a weird overkill, but they never gave any detail on what its based on. I can only guess they are really nervous about variants and a 4th wave.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Yeah the recommendation come across as a weird overkill, but they never gave any detail on what its based on. I can only guess they are really nervous about variants and a 4th wave.

There's always going to be something to worry about with COVID. Variants will keep popping. People will keep dying (albeit in much smaller numbers). Surges will keep happening.

So yeah. If we wait until nobody is worried anymore, we'll be locked down forever.

Reactions: Cypruss

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Some countries are opening more and more and Ontario gets stricter?

What the hell is the deal with making adults abide by a curfew.

Canadians deserve their freedoms back.

There needs to be pushback

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Were like a couple weeks away from having good numbers. We already are trending in right direction in Quebec so it works.

I’d rather just tough it out another few weeks and move on.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Have you guys heard any rumors about the second vaccine coming quicker then the scheduled appointments? I’m having a wedding in September. I’m hoping some of my friends from Quebec can come but they aren’t sure as their second doses are scheduled around that date.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Different cultural norms. There's a trust here that these measures will go eventually away and that, fundamentally, even if we might disagree on those measures or their effectiveness, they were done with the intention of saving the healthcare system, not with a malicious intent to control.

So, while Canadians might seem passive, that also comes with a high number of them trusting the vaccine to the point we're catching up with the US and surpassing some red states where people have their own issues too.

And if it was all for naught, well that's an opportunity to make things better for the next time a pandemic hits, rather than go guns blazing into a Capitol to kill people or go out of our ways to deny the very existence of something.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Have you guys heard any rumors about the second vaccine coming quicker then the scheduled appointments? I’m having a wedding in September. I’m hoping some of my friends from Quebec can come but they aren’t sure as their second doses are scheduled around that date.

I wouldn’t be surprised, and the reason I say that is because I doubt they hit the target % of young people they want with the vaccine.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad