OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
You shouldn't have an opinion about any of this mate. You're not a doctor, not a researcher, probably can't spell what Tylenol actually is without looking it up like most people, have extremely limited knowledge about medicine...yet you come up with this theory on your own. Follow what public health advises, take whatever is given to you from them, and that's it.

You're absolute right, how foolish of me.

I will obey and not have any thoughts of my own, I promise.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
If the health professionals give appropriate treatment, you are supposed to survive the blood clot caused by AZ. This case is on the health professional that didn't treat her.

True. That's a very important point.

Feel so bad for her.. can't even imagine that pain.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
That’s not what he said, be smarter than that

we are living a world pandemic and elite people on their field are giving advice

yet monsieur madame tout le monde think they know better just because

He said I should not have an opinion. Please tell me what else I missed?

Apparently others agree with not doling out AZ. But the Canadian health officials are the end all be all, more knowledgeable than anyone else including other nations and we should not even begin to question any of their decisions at all. I foolishly forgot that our Canadian officials and doctors are the best in the world, and should not be questioned in the least, my bad.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He said I should not have an opinion. Please tell me what else I missed?

Apparently others agree with not doling out AZ. But the Canadian health officials are the end all be all, more knowledgeable than anyone else including other nations and we should not even begin to question any of their decisions at all. I foolishly forgot that our Canadian officials and doctors are the best in the world, and should not be questioned in the least, my bad.

I don't see a lot of scientists saying AZ should not be taken.

Politicians however...

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I guess this is as good of a place as any to write about health...

I woke up at around 4:40 this morning, puffy eyes (slept over 6 hours, so not bad) and with a need to urinate. I forgot to go to the bathroom before falling asleep. As I walk to the bathroom, I can hardly see due to the puffiness of my eyes. From my point of view, feels like I'm twice my usual height. I fix my vision by playing with my eyelids, urinate and I feel my heart pounding through my chest as my stomach is making these loud churning noises. I stare at my face a second time through the mirror, and realize the puffiness under my eyelids subsided. I blow my nose and blood shoots everywhere from my right nostril. I spray blood all over the sink, even on the back wall. I start panicking, clean the wall and sink, clog my nose with a tissue, and walk back to my room. I feel a small headache, but god damn my heart is hammer-punching my chest and it feels as though I'm about to lose the battle. A familiar sense of doom engulfs me. Battle? Yeah.. I'm losing alright. But, against what or whom am I fighting really? I reach out for my phone and attempt to calculate my heart rate, timer already set to 30 seconds from previous verifications throughout the years. My first and second attempts are unsuccessful, as I can't focus on my neck pulse, thoughts coming and going sporadically. 56-57-58-59-60... the sound of the timer alarm dimly goes. Alright 120 bpm resting rate. Could be worse...

Long story short, I spoke with a nurse, describing my symptoms and feelings. I tested my sugar level a few days prior (thanks to my dad) and blood pressure this morning and the readings were right where they should be. I've been through a lot of anxiety during this pandemic, and decided a week ago to work on myself, shed weight and adopt a better diet. Lifestyle changes are things I can control. My dad's alcoholism (few months sober now and attending Polish AA meetings finally), my mom's health problems (mental and physical), and some other elements, I sadly must come to the realization I cannot. I currently feel a tad bit drained, a little headache, but I believe it all points to a solid panic attack experienced earlier in the morning.

All this to say I cannot wait to get vaccinated and have one less thing to worry about. I'm grateful for HFBoards and everyone on here, whether we share the same point of views or are oceans apart. Much love and let's keep our heads up.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Fair, but our own NACI did state mRNA is the gold standard for COVID vaccines.

NACI simply took the objective approach without sugarcoating. Both are safe and effective but given choice, go with mRNA.

NACI is there to make science based recommendations not selling stuff.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I guess this is as good of a place as any to write about health...

I woke up at around 4:40 this morning, puffy eyes (slept over 6 hours, so not bad) and with a need to urinate. I forgot to go to the bathroom before falling asleep. As I walk to the bathroom, I can hardly see due to the puffiness of my eyes. From my point of view, feels like I'm twice my usual height. I fix my vision by playing with my eyelids, urinate and I feel my heart pounding through my chest as my stomach is making these loud churning noises. I stare at my face a second time through the mirror, and realize the puffiness under my eyelids subsided. I blow my nose and blood shoots everywhere from my right nostril. I spray blood all over the sink, even on the back wall. I start panicking, clean the wall and sink, clog my nose with a tissue, and walk back to my room. I feel a small headache, but god damn my heart is hammer-punching my chest and it feels as though I'm about to lose the battle. A familiar sense of doom engulfs me. Battle? Yeah.. I'm losing alright. But, against what or whom am I fighting really? I reach out for my phone and attempt to calculate my heart rate, timer already set to 30 seconds from previous verifications throughout the years. My first and second attempts are unsuccessful, as I can't focus on my neck pulse, thoughts coming and going sporadically. 56-57-58-59-60... the sound of the timer alarm dimly goes. Alright 120 bpm resting rate. Could be worse...

Long story short, I spoke with a nurse, describing my symptoms and feelings. I tested my sugar level a few days prior (thanks to my dad) and blood pressure this morning and the readings were right where they should be. I've been through a lot of anxiety during this pandemic, and decided a week ago to work on myself, shed weight and adopt a better diet. Lifestyle changes are things I can control. My dad's alcoholism (few months sober now and attending Polish AA meetings finally), my mom's health problems (mental and physical), and some other elements, I sadly must come to the realization I cannot. I currently feel a tad bit drained, a little headache, but I believe it all points to a solid panic attack experienced earlier in the morning.

All this to say I cannot wait to get vaccinated and have one less thing to worry about. I'm grateful for HFBoards and everyone on here, whether we share the same point of views or are oceans apart. Much love and let's keep our heads up.

Hang tight buddy, we're here for you. Well done to work on yourself, we're nearly out of it.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
NACI simply took the objective approach without sugarcoating. Both are safe and effective but given choice, go with mRNA.

There seems to be some incentive for fit younger guys to take AZ (to stay away from the heart inflammation risks), and for high hormone ladies to take an mRNA (to stay away from the clots). Can't wait for Novavax and Medicago to arrive.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I've had enough stress through this pandemic, and the bad times just keep rolling. 2 nights ago I was leaving my place for work when I came across a white Hyundai in the spot where I had parked. I do not own a white Hyundai. I can only assume that my car is on a boat somewhere in the middle of the ocean right about now.

I just want to be able to have some friends over and laugh about our miserable lives over BBQ and beers.
:amazed:
That’s awful. What a pain in the ass to deal with. hopefully the insurance claim will net you an updated model.

Happened to a friend of mine twice in one year.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
You shouldn't have an opinion about any of this mate. You're not a doctor, not a researcher, probably can't spell what Tylenol actually is without looking it up like most people, have extremely limited knowledge about medicine...yet you come up with this theory on your own.

Follow what public health advises, take whatever is given to you from them, and that's it.
I mean really, what do you actually know about these vaccines other than maybe a few articles read?
Let's be real for a second, it's probably the exact same thing for most GPs.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
:amazed:
That’s awful. What a pain in the ass to deal with. hopefully the insurance claim will net you an updated model.

Happened to a friend of mine twice in one year.
Man, that’s rough. I honestly didn’t even know people stole cars anymore.

Mine was a 2020 Honda Accord Sport with only 18k on it. Apparently a popular target. But it was a lease, so pretty much the insurance company replaces the value to Honda finance and that’s it. And my home insurance replaces the value of all the tools and work stuff I had in the trunk. I have a rental until Honda accepts their deal, but then I’m pretty much at square 1. I was aiming to get a 2021 Ridgeline for my next car but they’re 100% out of stock across the country until they start rolling out 2022s. It’s a bitch to find something on such short notice, but I’ll probably take over a lease with like 5 or 6 month left on it if I can find something like that, and get the Ridgeline when that’s over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozmodiar

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
So almost 24 hours after receiving the Pfizer vaccine, and the only side effect I have is a little soreness in the muscle in my arm where the injection was made. Other than that, maybe a little bit of fatigue, but it's hard to tell if it's because of the vaccine or because my 6 year old woke me up twice during the night :laugh:

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
So almost 24 hours after receiving the Pfizer vaccine, and the only side effect I have is a little soreness in the muscle in my arm where the injection was made. Other than that, maybe a little bit of fatigue, but it's hard to tell if it's because of the vaccine or because my 6 year old woke me up twice during the night :laugh:
When I got my Pfizer shot I had fatigue as well. Got my shot in the morning and had the best sleep that night. I thought it was a nice perk lol

Reactions: FrankMTL

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
When I got my Pfizer shot I had fatigue as well. Got my shot in the morning and had the best sleep that night. I thought it was a nice perk lol

I would have loved to sleep last night, but I guess that's out of my control lol

Reactions: SOLR

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Pretty much everyone I know 35+ booked yesterday already. Those who didn't are already vaccinated due to work/health/other. I heard today on the radio that 86% of Quebecers have already been vaccinated or intend to be. Thanks to everyone for doing your social responsibility.

BTW: I do not know a single person 35+ who is not intending to get vaccinated. Not one single person in my entourage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad