OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Like Dubé wrote in his tweet, there's definitely the capacity to do even more (more than 100k per day) vaccinations. I went to the Place Sports Experts vaccination centre in Laval yesterday, and the guy working there said they have the potential to have 45 vaccination stations open, but only had about 20 at the moment as they don't have enough doses to do more.They had 1500 doses to give yesterday, but they have the potential to do 3000-4000 doses per day in that one centre.

Super well organized and fairly quick all things considered.

My next vaccine is scheduled for August 26th, but hopefully they get the vaccines in faster and we can all be bumped up a bit.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Man, that’s rough. I honestly didn’t even know people stole cars anymore.

Mine was a 2020 Honda Accord Sport with only 18k on it. Apparently a popular target. But it was a lease, so pretty much the insurance company replaces the value to Honda finance and that’s it. And my home insurance replaces the value of all the tools and work stuff I had in the trunk. I have a rental until Honda accepts their deal, but then I’m pretty much at square 1. I was aiming to get a 2021 Ridgeline for my next car but they’re 100% out of stock across the country until they start rolling out 2022s. It’s a bitch to find something on such short notice, but I’ll probably take over a lease with like 5 or 6 month left on it if I can find something like that, and get the Ridgeline when that’s over.
yeah, the first time they smashed a window to get in, the 2nd time they didn't have to do that. a high tech game. not sure if this was done in my friend's case, but thieves can mirror the fob if it's near the entry. just unlock the car door and drive off.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
yeah, the first time they smashed a window to get in, the 2nd time they didn't have to do that. a high tech game. not sure if this was done in my friend's case, but thieves can mirror the fob if it's near the entry. just unlock the car door and drive off.
Yeah, that’s what the cops said about my car. It’s keyless entry/push to start. So they pretty much just use a program to mimic the signal, open the door and drive away. You don’t even have to be skilled to steal cars anymore.

And I live like 3 blocks from an entrance to the port. They were probably in and out of the car within 5 minutes.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
If the health professionals give appropriate treatment, you are supposed to survive the blood clot caused by AZ. This case is on the health professional that didn't treat her.
Exactly you can blame the vaccine all you want but she sought help and had the proper treatment been done she would more than likely be alive today.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Pretty much everyone I know 35+ booked yesterday already. Those who didn't are already vaccinated due to work/health/other. I heard today on the radio that 86% of Quebecers have already been vaccinated or intend to be. Thanks to everyone for doing your social responsibility.

BTW: I do not know a single person 35+ who is not intending to get vaccinated. Not one single person in my entourage.

I messaged some of my close friends from childhood on our whatsapp group... Not one confirmed they are going to be vaccinated and one of them happens to be living with an anti-vaxxer whos father in the Ukraine is preaching masks don't help. You can't make this shit up.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
If the health professionals give appropriate treatment, you are supposed to survive the blood clot caused by AZ. This case is on the health professional that didn't treat her.
It’s also on AZ, because if she hadn’t gotten it she would still be alive.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
You're absolute right, how foolish of me.

I will obey and not have any thoughts of my own, I promise.
Apparently you have to be an expert in the field of study now in order to have an opinion. Kind of makes this board useless since none of us are professional athletes, coaches or gms. We should accept what we are being told and never question anything.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Pretty much everyone I know 35+ booked yesterday already. Those who didn't are already vaccinated due to work/health/other. I heard today on the radio that 86% of Quebecers have already been vaccinated or intend to be. Thanks to everyone for doing your social responsibility.

BTW: I do not know a single person 35+ who is not intending to get vaccinated. Not one single person in my entourage.

Unfortunately not in my case. I have a couple of very close relatives that believe in these idiotic conspiracy theories, they spend their evenings watching and listening to these YouTube experts.

I finally convinced my wife to take the vaccine and booked her for next week. Now working on my adult son for when his turn comes up...wish me luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArtPeur

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Man, that’s rough. I honestly didn’t even know people stole cars anymore.

Mine was a 2020 Honda Accord Sport with only 18k on it. Apparently a popular target. But it was a lease, so pretty much the insurance company replaces the value to Honda finance and that’s it. And my home insurance replaces the value of all the tools and work stuff I had in the trunk. I have a rental until Honda accepts their deal, but then I’m pretty much at square 1. I was aiming to get a 2021 Ridgeline for my next car but they’re 100% out of stock across the country until they start rolling out 2022s. It’s a bitch to find something on such short notice, but I’ll probably take over a lease with like 5 or 6 month left on it if I can find something like that, and get the Ridgeline when that’s over.

Used to own a Honda Accord couple a while back. I tinted the windows and I was waiting for a friend of a friend in front of their house. Car off and the streetlight above me was broken so it was dark.

Saw an old beat old car driving slowly down the street until it stopped near me, someone came out passenger seat and started walking towards my car with something in his hand. I didn’t suspect a thing so I rolled down window as he was a couple feet away thinking he was approaching me to ask something.

Guy stopped in his tracks, turned around and went back in the car and they drove off. I then realized he wanted to steal my car but I was still inside and he couldn’t tell.

Odd moment.

Reactions: ArtPeur

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Unfortunately not in my case. I have a couple of very close relatives that believe in these idiotic conspiracy theories, they spend their evenings watching and listening to these YouTube experts.

I finally convinced my wife to take the vaccine and booked her for next week. Now working on my adult son for when his turn comes up...wish me luck.

Good luck man. I hope you can do it.

Reactions: Justin11

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I messaged some of my close friends from childhood on our whatsapp group... Not one confirmed they are going to be vaccinated and one of them happens to be living with an anti-vaxxer whos father in the Ukraine is preaching masks don't help. You can't make this shit up.

My entourage are mostly all people I know from school, so they're highly educated and most have a science background. I straight up don't understand these antivax weirdos. Every rich and powerful person on this planet has already gotten the vaccine. How f***ing stupid do you need to be to buy into this shit?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Apparently you have to be an expert in the field of study now in order to have an opinion. Kind of makes this board useless since none of us are professional athletes, coaches or gms. We should accept what we are being told and never question anything.

Don't worry man, the rest of us will bring society to herd immunity so people like you can benefit.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Used to own a Honda Accord couple a while back. I tinted the windows and I was waiting for a friend of a friend in front of their house. Car off and the streetlight above me was broken so it was dark.

Saw an old beat old car driving slowly down the street until it stopped near me, someone came out passenger seat and started walking towards my car with something in his hand. I didn’t suspect a thing so I rolled down window as he was a couple feet away thinking he was approaching me to ask something.

Guy stopped in his tracks, turned around and went back in the car and they drove off. I then realized he wanted to steal my car but I was still inside and he couldn’t tell.

Odd moment.
That would have been hilarious caught on camera haha

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Karma is a bitch :laugh:
Its mostly the variant spreading too so they'll definitely not enjoy the next couple days/weeks.
Maybe this triggers beauce to get vaccinated. Could be some positive lol.

I have family in Chaudière-Appalaches near Beauce. Some of them are just like those Beauce people... They don't want to hear anything about the vaccine or any Covid related stuff.

I have a few coworkers who were on that denial side too.. but they changed views recently and even took the vaccine. They're still alive! :sarcasm:

Reactions: Justin11

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I have family in Chaudière-Appalaches near Beauce. Some of them are just like those Beauce people... They don't want to hear anything about the vaccine or any Covid related stuff.

I have a few coworkers who were on that denial side too.. but they changed views recently and even took the vaccine. They're still alive! :sarcasm:

I know you are joking with your comment but the percentage who are vaccinated among those who have died/were hospitalized with COVID is microscopic.

Important to note for those who are hesitant IMO.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
For anyone still hesitating, here is the reality that's coming:

Those who got vaccinated will go back to normal life.

You will think you can too but, truth is, COVID will still be out there. If you try to live normally you will get it. You'll probably be fine, or maybe you won't with the way these variants have been going. Either way, not great.

And this decision will follow you. People will remember. You do what you want, but understand that socially, there will be consequences. I'm sorry, but it's true. Don't pretend like you don't feel any societal pressure.

In any case, you will continue holding on living this COVID nightmare, while everyone else will move on. Why would anyone want to keep living like this?

Reactions: 1909

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
My entourage are mostly all people I know from school, so they're highly educated and most have a science background. I straight up don't understand these antivax weirdos. Every rich and powerful person on this planet has already gotten the vaccine. How f***ing stupid do you need to be to buy into this shit?

They don't trust the process. They think their vial will have poison in it or that "rich people" are given fake shots.

There are 1000s of ways to twist it.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
They don't trust the process. They think their vial will have poison in it or that "rich people" are given fake shots.

There are 1000s of ways to twist it.

If anyone takes it that far then I'm sorry but it's mental illness. Social media fries your brain. There will be a whole realization into the effects of social media. There will be deprogramming treatments.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
If anyone takes it that far then I'm sorry but it's mental illness. Social media fries your brain. There will be a whole realization into the effects of social media. There will be deprogramming treatments.

Good luck with that, it's not coming.

It would be seen as censorship by the state and lead to an uprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->