OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I'm lowkey starting to debate whether I should invest some money in Medicago. Their Phase 3 is coming to an end soon, it's pennystock at this point in time, and there might be some easy money to make there.

Anybody has any insight on their vaccine development ? @Treb maybe?

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Shit! I was taking Jack out and went pick up the mail, when I rounded the corner I saw cops in helmets and with guns and they shouted: "Get back inside". I wonder if it is a hostage situation? Hmm I will see if I can sneak some photos through the window!

Attachments

• PXL_20210506_033012034.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210506_033012034.PORTRAIT.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20210506_033207428.jpg
    PXL_20210506_033207428.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 7

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

Canada has become the first country in the world to approve the use of a COVID-19 vaccine in children as young as 12 and provinces are already making plans to administer it. Almost immediately some provinces have announced they will make kids 12 and older eligible for the Pfizer BionTech vaccine as soon as Monday.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Never thought I would miss so many Habs games in my life... Covid crunch is insane! Due to the lack of workers in the health system, I am racking up non stop crazy weeks. I am closing in to a burnout lol.

I am starting to feel my lymph nodes in my neck everytime I turn my head, weird feeling. Once again my last week was an 80 hours week( compensated 68 hours)

Disclaimer, I do realize I am fortunate enough to be working.
Sorry, don't have many other places to vent.
I still find the time to post on our boards during my breaks!
Talk about an no life Habs fan lol
Screenshot_20210506-025735_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Never thought I would miss so many Habs games in my life... Covid crunch is insane! Due to the lack of workers in the health system, I am racking up non stop crazy weeks. I am closing in to a burnout lol.

I am starting to feel my lymph nodes in my neck everytime I turn my head, weird feeling. Once again my last week was an 80 hours week( compensated 68 hours)

View attachment 430462
Hang in there friend... hopefully, you see your workload come back down to somewhat normal within a few weeks once more people have received the vaccine.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Essentially, you're saying, what a lot of people don't want to hear:

This is not going away, even after vaccinations. At least not entirely, and not for a LONG, long time.

We'll control it as we control everything else, normal life is at a maximum 6-8 months away, minimum 3.5 months (50% 2nd dose+) - maximum covers the potential for an escape variant and the need for a 3rd shot.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
The fact that they don't talk about it doesn't mean the plan doesn't exist. Populations are finicky at best.

I'm sure they have the plan. but nothing is shared. It has as much value as no plan.

Per their shared plan, we're going to end lockdown mid july.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I'm sure they have the plan. but nothing is shared. It has as much value as no plan.

Per their shared plan, we're going to end lockdown mid july.

I disagree, at this point, there is an inherent cost with planning in public. They need to keep a total focus on vaccination and that's what they are doing. They will be happy to cross that bridge as soon as they can.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

View attachment 430462

you have the right to complain. I would never be able to work in the health system. I would've loved to, but didn't chose this career

I'm paid 40hr but does 50-60hr since the beginning of the pandemic. I'm not complaining because I have a good salary (software engineer).
15% of our department was laid off. one department eliminated, the other is in process. We're moving in a more "agile" and "dynamic" environment.

dev team is now responsible of testing and support existing customers.

The irony is that we recently received an email for referral bonus that is 5x higher than usual because the business is growing and we need to hire new people :huh:.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I disagree, at this point, there is an inherent cost with planning in public. They need to keep a total focus on vaccination and that's what they are doing. They will be happy to cross that bridge as soon as they can.

The information we have is that we'll get some freedom after that the young population get vaccinated.
If we take June 24th and add 3 weeks for immunity. That goes around mid july.

Initially, it was planned after 60+ get vaccinated. But we know with the variants, younger population is hit

I wish more transparency (but I know the politic backlash)

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
The information we have is that we'll get some freedom after that the young population get vaccinated.

Initially, it was planned after 60+ get vaccinated. But we know with the variants, younger population is hit

Would it make any substantial difference however in this case?

1) It's not like they are not being transparent, the message is clear, get vaccinated.
2) We all know the targets, they are the same for 20 others diseases.
3) They have shown over the last year plenty of desires to open up, even when it is dumb to do so.

I want transparency like the next person from our governments, but I want absolute competency ahead of a small difference in transparency.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'm lowkey starting to debate whether I should invest some money in Medicago. Their Phase 3 is coming to an end soon, it's pennystock at this point in time, and there might be some easy money to make there.

Anybody has any insight on their vaccine development ? @Treb maybe?

Their results for their phase 3 should be out relatively soon, so if it's successful, I see their stock going up.

Their Quebec big facility is also scheduled to be done in 2023 so if not for the Covid vaccine, it will be something else.

Might be a good invest and forget for a few months/years candidate.

Reactions: MSLs absurd thighs

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

There was a shift how the whole is managed since people complained about Yo-yo Legault. That's when they came up with the 76 days thing that place us in late June for the re-opening. So they don't do short term'ish plan anymore.

Between now and then, the restrictions will follow the region's color code and that's pretty much it. (Unless they change their minds again.)

Reactions: llamateizer

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
you have the right to complain. I would never be able to work in the health system. I would've loved to, but didn't chose this career

I'm paid 40hr but does 50-60hr since the beginning of the pandemic. I'm not complaining because I have a good salary (software engineer).
15% of our department was laid off. one department eliminated, the other is in process. We're moving in a more "agile" and "dynamic" environment.

dev team is now responsible of testing and support existing customers.

The irony is that we recently received an email for referral bonus that is 5x higher than usual because the business is growing and we need to hire new people :huh:.

I'm in the same boat - I'm a dev and we just had major layoffs. So I'm stuck now working 70 hours a week (only paid for 40) trying desperately to save the project. I was made a dev lead which is not something I am particularly interested in, and so I'm on calls all day trying to pacify the client while still trying to support my team and also trying to finish my actual dev work that I am still expected to do. It's BS, those who got laid off got huge packages and I am stuck working for free. They laid off all these people to save money but they are saving even more by having everyone who wasn't laid off working unpaid OT.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
HIV, Hepatitis does not involve the requirement of face masks and social distancing though.

That is what I'm getting at.

Masks + distancing will be a thing for a long time to come.
On the other hand, they do require a condom or abstinence.

And masks and distancing is what the government decided on, we could just as easily have isolated those at risk and let the rest of society live life. The problem is and always was our "health system" that's been crumbling under its own weight for 30 years.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
On the other hand, they do require a condom or abstinence.

And masks and distancing is what the government decided on, we could just as easily have isolated those at risk and let the rest of society live life. The problem is and always was our "health system" that's been crumbling under its own weight for 30 years.
It's not just our health system. The health system of most western democracies aren't designed to handle mass influx of ICU patients.

It's not a Quebec problem. It's a public health problem for most societies on the planet.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I'm able to book my vaccine tomorrow. Does anyone know if the site is open as of midnight? Or is it at a specific time tomorrow morning, or what? Haven't really paid attention to those details.

Reactions: llamateizer

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I'm able to book my vaccine tomorrow. Does anyone know if the site is open as of midnight? Or is it at a specific time tomorrow morning, or what? Haven't really paid attention to those details.

You can book your appointment after midnight, but they usually add new time slot at 8am the same day.

Reactions: Le Tricolore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad