OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
I'm able to book my vaccine tomorrow. Does anyone know if the site is open as of midnight? Or is it at a specific time tomorrow morning, or what? Haven't really paid attention to those details.

I heard it usually opens up the night before the announced date.

Some 40+ years old that technically became eligible yesterday took their appointment Tuesday night around 8, from what I've heard. So you might be able to book your appointment tonight.

EDIT: I'm too slow :laugh:

Reactions: Le Tricolore

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
I'm lowkey starting to debate whether I should invest some money in Medicago. Their Phase 3 is coming to an end soon, it's pennystock at this point in time, and there might be some easy money to make there.

Anybody has any insight on their vaccine development ? @Treb maybe?

As Treb said, we should have some results soon.

I have links to the Medicago vaccine study because of my line of work. If results are goood, with the bad PR and hesistancy surrounding AZ and J&J vaccines, there is a potential for Medicago in Canada. It is also assumed that Medicago would try to enter smaller countries .

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'm able to book my vaccine tomorrow. Does anyone know if the site is open as of midnight? Or is it at a specific time tomorrow morning, or what? Haven't really paid attention to those details.

For the 40-44 age bracket, it was open at 5pm the evening before, so check later today

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
I've had enough stress through this pandemic, and the bad times just keep rolling. 2 nights ago I was leaving my place for work when I came across a white Hyundai in the spot where I had parked. I do not own a white Hyundai. I can only assume that my car is on a boat somewhere in the middle of the ocean right about now.

I just want to be able to have some friends over and laugh about our miserable lives over BBQ and beers.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The vaccine rollout here in Ottawa sucks ass. I have been waiting just over 2 weeks and nothing yet. ugh

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I've had enough stress through this pandemic, and the bad times just keep rolling. 2 nights ago I was leaving my place for work when I came across a white Hyundai in the spot where I had parked. I do not own a white Hyundai. I can only assume that my car is on a boat somewhere in the middle of the ocean right about now.

I just want to be able to have some friends over and laugh about our miserable lives over BBQ and beers.

that sucks man

Appointment taken. 35+ opened.

you are the real MVP. Welp. Now I have to wait until the 19th. I wonder if my job will still pay me even though I have to leave early. hmmm

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I did book, two weeks ago but still nothing. The Shoppers pharmacist by my place says they only get a list in the morning with a the required # of vaccines.

In Quebec when you book you have a solid date from my experience. Fits with what I heard of the whole Ontario fiasco.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
As anybody noticed the map of covid cases around the World? (on google when you search covid stuff)

If you zoom out, India is kinda scary

:help:

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
As anybody noticed the map of covid cases around the World? (on google when you search covid stuff)

If you zoom out, India is kinda scary

:help:
Travelled to India 2x in the past 6 years, I totally understand the issue sthey have, the level on polution in the air is something I will always remember. I’m a decent runner, I’ll always remember the first time I went for a jog there in a parc in New Delhi, I felt completely out of shape after 5min

gnr25

May 22, 2008
Ottawa
I did book, two weeks ago but still nothing. The Shoppers pharmacist by my place says they only get a list in the morning with a the required # of vaccines.
The pharmacies are out of AstraZeneca. It was re-directed to Toronto and Peel.

Try Ontario.ca/bookvaccine if you want Pfizer or Moderna

Ages 50+ everywhere
Ages 18+ in K1V, K1T, K2V
Group 1 of the cannot work from home occupations
Some health conditions

People in their 40s will become eligible sometime next week.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The pharmacies are out of AstraZeneca. It was re-directed to Toronto and Peel.

Try Ontario.ca/bookvaccine if you want Pfizer or Moderna

Ages 50+ everywhere
Ages 18+ in K1V, K1T, K2V
Group 1 of the cannot work from home occupations
Some health conditions

People in their 40s will become eligible sometime next week.
Cool didn't know the 40 age group could use the Ontario site soon, two weeks ago they specifically said to use the shoppers site. See I have an autoimmune disease, the rheumatologist haven't pinpointed which one yet and call it "seronegative symmetrical inflammatory arthritis NYD. " So the sooner I can get shot up the better for me!!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Sickening

You know what's more sickening?

3,269,220+ deaths from Covid19.

You are like a thousand time more likely to die from Covid as a healthy young adult than to die from vaccination.

I do agree the hospital did a poor job and could have saved her life though. As was said, the health personnel are under investigation.

Every single medication that exists has killed at least 1 person.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
You know what's more sickening?

3,269,220+ deaths from Covid19.

You are like a thousand time more likely to die from Covid as a healthy young adult than to die from vaccination.

I do agree the hospital did a poor job and could have saved her life though. As was said, the health personnel are under investigation.

Every single medication that exists has killed at least 1 person.

Just my opinion: I feel like AZ should be given to the absolute most vulnerable who have a very high chance of dying from COVID, because the blood clotting is a known serious issue and many countries are not even using it because of that. Rather than just being pumped into everyone en masse. Yes the risk is small but the risk is well known and documented now, and if it happens to you or your loved ones, the risk won't feel so small anymore.

I would agree with pumping everyone full of AZ if it was the only vaccine we had, but it's not. Shelter the vulnerable, stay the hell home until the mRNA vaccines are available, would have been my preferred plan.

The story is just very tragic and that little girl is so strong given losing both her parents. Unreal.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Just my opinion: I feel like AZ should be given to the absolute most vulnerable who have a very high chance of dying from COVID, because the blood clotting is a known serious issue and many countries are not even using it because of that. Rather than just being pumped into everyone en masse. Yes the risk is small but the risk is well known and documented now, and if it happens to you or your loved ones, the risk won't feel so small anymore.

I would agree with pumping everyone full of AZ if it was the only vaccine we had, but it's not. Shelter the vulnerable, stay the hell home until the mRNA vaccines are available, would have been my preferred plan.

The story is just very tragic and that little girl is so strong given losing both her parents. Unreal.

You shouldn't have an opinion about any of this mate. You're not a doctor, not a researcher, probably can't spell what Tylenol actually is without looking it up like most people, have extremely limited knowledge about medicine...yet you come up with this theory on your own.

Follow what public health advises, take whatever is given to you from them, and that's it.
I mean really, what do you actually know about these vaccines other than maybe a few articles read?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

If the health professionals give appropriate treatment, you are supposed to survive the blood clot caused by AZ. This case is on the health professional that didn't treat her.

Reactions: beowulf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad