OT: Covid-19 (Part 40) If you are the healer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Why doesn’t the media talk about the 1 in 30 women on birth control who develop blood clots or cysts?

Or the 1/1000 blood clots of the birth control pill.

Or how Acetominophen (tylenol) accounts for 4-5% of poison center calls.

Stephen Colbert had one of his female staff writers on the other day in a segment that was clearly made for comedy, but in it, they're throwing out facts in there with the jokes. It was in response to the J&J blood clot issues. The female staff member mentioned that she has more chances of developing blood clots from her birth control pills than she does taking the vaccine.

I agree with the general sentiment of your posts however, to be fair, its my understanding that the blood clots associated with the vaccine are more deadly than those resulting from birth control...

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
I agree with the general sentiment of your posts however, to be fair, its my understanding that the blood clots associated with the vaccine are more deadly than those resulting from birth control...

Your understanding is wrong though. Blood clots can be deadly regardless of their origin. If one of them reaches your brain or your heart, you die.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
good one,
tbh, my cat is living the dream. it's been a whole year where he got company full time. I believe we left him alone 6 hours since March 2020.

during zoom meetings he sits on my shoulder
We even bring him with us when I rented a cottage during summer.

I got Cactus Jack on September the 17th last year, the longest he has been alone was when I got the new car 2 weeks ago, approx 2-2.5 hours and last Wednesday when I had to go downtown for my second shot, probably 3 hours because I knew it was going to be close to 80 degrees and didn't want to leave him in the car. Otherwise it is like 30 minutes when doing laundry.

I am the dream victim of car salesmen. I went there to have a look at the 2021 hybrid CR-V and I ended up driving away with it, including a 3 year service agreement for all regular services, key replacement and a $50 deductible for all other problems not covered by the warranty. Next time I will bring someone who can hold me back, like Kramer.

Reactions: llamateizer

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Death rate is pretty low if treated early. If you wait a few weeks with symptoms, then yeah risk is higher.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Are they sharing the data? Genuine question.....unless there’s an agreement between the pharma’s and governments who are funding the operation that they need to share....you’d think these blood sucking pharmaceutical companies would hold on to their respected recipes like Colonel Saunders just to maximize their profits.

I have a friend who works in the purchase department of a large hospital and he says that Johnson and Johnson are charging ridiculous amounts for simple things like band aids etc. Johnson and Johnson had to pay 2.2 billion in 2013 for bribing doctors etc.

Reactions: CrAzYNiNe

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Your understanding is wrong though. Blood clots can be deadly regardless of their origin. If one of them reaches your brain or your heart, you die.
From the linked article... seems to be different types of blood clots

Why comparing blood clot risks from COVID-19 vaccines and birth control pills doesn’t work - MarketWatch

"Indeed, government health officials are investigating a type of blood clot called a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) among the J&J recipients. These clots formed in the draining veins of the brain, combined with a low platelet count, essentially causing a stroke. Hormonal birth control pills, on the other hand, raise the risk of blood clots in the leg that can break off and travel to the lung, causing a pulmonary embolism that blocks blood flow to part of the lung. The latter clots can be treated with anticoagulants, while the J&J clots cannot."

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
in order to make things right we should have an article that reports every 1/1000 blood cloth from traveling when this is over

that is if anyone ever travels again, considering the danger of blood clots, I don't see why anyone would right? :sarcasm:

I read the other day that if you do not get vaccinated and if you get sick with covid-19, the risk of blood clots are higher than taking the AZ vaccine.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
From the linked article... seems to be different types of blood clots

Why comparing blood clot risks from COVID-19 vaccines and birth control pills doesn’t work - MarketWatch

"Indeed, government health officials are investigating a type of blood clot called a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) among the J&J recipients. These clots formed in the draining veins of the brain, combined with a low platelet count, essentially causing a stroke. Hormonal birth control pills, on the other hand, raise the risk of blood clots in the leg that can break off and travel to the lung, causing a pulmonary embolism that blocks blood flow to part of the lung. The latter clots can be treated with anticoagulants, while the J&J clots cannot."

From the same article:
“I think the messaging should have been, ‘While we examine a possible association [with blood clots] that is serious but rare, keep vaccinating,’” he said. “I wouldn’t stop vaccinating myself or anybody in my family because of this possible association. I would not pull away from the Johnson & Johnson vaccine due to a less than one in a million risk of death.”

Reactions: Le CH

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Are they sharing the data? Genuine question.....unless there’s an agreement between the pharma’s and governments who are funding the operation that they need to share....you’d think these blood sucking pharmaceutical companies would hold on to their respected recipes like Colonel Saunders just to maximize their profits.
I work in the pharmaceutics industry (although I'm an IT engineer and not a medical professional). My employer gathers white papers, researches, etc. and publishes them for all healthcare professionals to see and collaborate on. The data is indeed being shared, to the extent you can't imagine. We've millions of articles pass through our systems weekly. The pandemic has sky-rocketed the amount of research being done. I can see that by simply comparing the volume of data over the last year and a bit to what we had prior.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I had AZ without ANY hesitation.

Seriously, I've taken much worse over the years. Why be scared? You guys did coke bought from the street? Or other chemical drug bought from a nobody? Or did you do clinical studies galore with Pheonix International way back when like I did just for the cash? Yeah, this vaccine is nothing.

One week after and going strong. In two weeks from now, I'll celebrate my probation period with a Champagne bottle. Another step forward to being able to travel in 2022, hugging my friends AND my kids.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad