OT: Covid-19 (Part 40) If you are the healer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Québec would be in 8th place in the world for the vaccination rate, if we're to believe this chart...27.5 % is our rate as of this morning. Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccinations - Statistics and Research

Not that bad if you ask me.

I read an article yesterday about how at the start, Quebec was the hot spot for Canada, but so far in this third wave, Quebec is doing a better job than Ontario, Alberta, BC, and Saskatchewan. And they credit the fact the province implemented lockdowns and curfews early. That they've been handling the variants better and the vaccine rollout is going well. But the cases of variants is still growing in Quebec, they're not as bad as the other provinces.

They said only Manitoba and the Maritimes have better numbers than Quebec.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Good stuff that you got it. When is your second appointment?

Also, I think it is time they open it up. As posted here already, chances are the AZ will be available to a lot more people.
August 5th is the next appointment, unless things change.
Ya, they really have to open it up.
In some places like Dubai and Hong Kong, it's open to anyone, both doses within 3 weeks.
Disappointed in our roll out, even if we are better than many others.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I'll be just okay to get AZ.
@MXD, apparently, the bridges and the 50 are a mess this morning because of the 'blockade'? Where are these people going to work? Aside from construction and health services, where are they going to work? I thought telework was an obligation, no?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You get 2 shots of that as well, right?

Btw, do you sell these Audis as well?

Scheduled for my 2nd dose on August 5th.

Ya, RS6 are beasts. There isn't too many of them but we do roll some out.
Not into the station wagon look, my favorite is the RS7, but I'd definitely make an exception for the RS6.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
@MXD, apparently, the bridges and the 50 are a mess this morning because of the 'blockade'? Where are these people going to work? Aside from construction and health services, where are they going to work? I thought telework was an obligation, no?

...And apparently it's just one-way, and Ontario plates won't even get bothered when going back to Ontario.
It's supposed to be an obligation. And I'm pretty sure the Federal Public Sector isn't the one breaching the obligation.

If, say, you're a floor manager for a big box retailer. Well.. your store is open, and you kinda have to show up.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

So with Alberta and Ontario lowering the age for AZ vaccine, I expect Quebec to do the same today.

I love this and I hate this.

Again the messaging is so wrong. Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing overall.
But the messaging will again drop the numbers of people who will get this vaccine.

The flip flopping is too intense. Not good for people over 65, only good for people over 55 and now in 24h and because Ontario is in a full panic mode they opened it up and now Kinney, who doesn't do any better, they got more cases than Quebec is following in a blink of an eye and now by pressure Quebec will follow. That.s 100% politics as a decision. That's so wrong as a message.

Take a 2-3 day, talk with the NACI (or CIQ in Quebec)¨and try to get them on board with that decision. Talk to other provinces first, if they all want to join in, you do that together in coherent positive messaging. Not panic mode.

People should not be scared of the blood clots, it's a nothing burger. UK is using this vaccine at large for months now.
But government should get their shit together cause they are hurting even more the bad reputation of AZ.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
August 5th is the next appointment, unless things change.
Ya, they really have to open it up.
In some places like Dubai and Hong Kong, it's open to anyone, both doses within 3 weeks.
Disappointed in our roll out, even if we are better than many others.

It's going to get much better soon, I heard Novavax is about to be approved in UK - we should be 2 weeks behind.

So in May that will mean
1) Hopefully Moderna resolve their issues
2) J&J arrival
3) Pfizer ramp up
4) Arrival of Novavax
5) US releasing more AZ?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Not one person in my mom's circle (60-70 year olds) will accept an AZ shot, my mom included. While most of them have already received their first Pfizer shots, there's at least one man who turned around and walked out of a vaccination spot after finding out the shot he was about to receive was an AZ one.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Not one person in my mom's circle (60-70 year olds) will accept an AZ shot, my mom included. While most of them have already received their first Pfizer shots, there's at least one man who turned around and walked out of a vaccination spot after finding out the shot he was about to receive was an AZ one.

This is why dishonesty media is so hurtful.. the problem is, there was attacks by an american administration on media outlets for all the wrong reasons.. and this type of shit goes by unscathed.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
That's really unfortunate and as a result of that, they should be put at the back of the line. There shouldn't be concessions made for vaccine shoppers unless there are legitimate health issues facing that individual.

I'm happy both my folks got their AZ shot a couple months ago and so are they.

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
They had to do it in Ontario, those AZ doses have expired date and were going to waste.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
That's really unfortunate and as a result of that, they should be put at the back of the line. There shouldn't be concessions made for vaccine shoppers unless there are legitimate health issues facing that individual.

Of course there are health issues in this age group. Take your pick between diabetes, liver issues, high blood pressure, etc. While I don't agree with their decision, I also acknowledge that it's not as black and white as some see it from a distance.

Reactions: kgboomer

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

I'm not blaming people. If you have to eat, you have a choice between a Joe Louis and an Apple. Both will do the jobs and you won't be hungry anymore, but one is just better. The whole shit show in the medias and the government (I might add that the whole world pinch in for this) turned this vaccine into a Joe Louis.

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
All this stuff with AZ started with Macron in France, saying it was almost ineffective. Then South Africa stopped using it for some age group, it wasn't working well with their variants. On one hand, can't fault the media for reporting all that, we're supposed to be a model of transparency.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Apparently, the traffic was backed up 6 KM on the 50 and 5 this morning. Ridiculous. According to preliminary reports from the Ottawa Police, ALLLL of the Québec residents had proof of work.

I always believed this region should be a DC-type of region. This is another proof. This 'blockade' between the two cities is RIDICULOUS!!!!

Reactions: MXD and Per Sjoblom

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
People should not be scared of the blood clots, it's a nothing burger. UK is using this vaccine at large for months now.

That's the media sensationalizing something for you.

The formation of blood clots is associated to a lots of things: long immobilization, long car/plane trips, smoking, obesity, diabetes, cancers, pregnancy, genetic, hormones therapy (including birth control pills), etc. I even had a grandmother who got deep vein thrombosis from the anticoagulants agent used by the hospital to avoid patient doing blood clots during long stay a few years ago.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
That's the media sensationalizing something for you.

The formation of blood clots is associated to a lots of things: long immobilization, long car/plane trips, smoking, obesity, diabetes, cancers, pregnancy, genetic, hormones therapy (including birth control pills), etc. I even had a grandmother who got deep vein thrombosis from the anticoagulants agent used by the hospital to avoid patient doing blood clots during long stay a few years ago.
My step father (56) has deep vein thrombosis in his legs that is so bad it is inoperable. He was specifically advised not to get an AZ shot by his family doctor and wait for something else as he would be in the high-risk group should he develop any complications.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Of course there are health issues in this age group. Take your pick between diabetes, liver issues, high blood pressure, etc. While I don't agree with their decision, I also acknowledge that it's not as black and white as some see it from a distance.
It's not black and white but many people are looking to find a reason not to get the AZ and that's unfortunate. If these people have been cleared by Health Canada to take AZ and have not received specific instructions not to, they should take the vaccine, not hold it for a brand they think is better for them.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
My favorite media quote nowadays is "Les variants, on le sait, attaquent les jeunes" (Variants affect young people). This is just flat out bad information and completely wrong.

No earlier than last week Legault came up and said we had twice the amount of young adults being hospitalized than at the latest peak, which is simply untrue. There are actually less admissions per day in hospitals and ICUs for the 30-59 y/o group. The variant has been scientifically proven to be more contagious, but there are a lot of conflicting messages as to whether it's actually more lethal or not. And if it is, it's certainly not any worse for a specific age group than for the others.

Variants don't affect a specific demography. Same when they say "The variants make the virus that much more dangerous outside." You'd believe, listening to them, that the virus is going to jump on you like a spider if you ride a bike too close to someone who's infected.

Believe me, I'm taking this pandemic pretty seriously and I'm still very careful. Hell. Both of my parents have been vaccinated for a month with Pfizer now and I'm still careful around them and only see them to go on a walk.

That being said, I can't help but think a lot of the media is actually trying to scare people rather than properly informing them.

I'd be ready to wager the next "media scare" is reporting a couple of breakthrough infections here and there, without mentionning the outcome of the infection, neither the circumstances. Then, once again, it's going to be doomsday for all of the overly anxious people.

The worst thing in all of this is that people just swallow it all up without double checking the facts. I had a FaceTime with my parents this weekend, and my mother straight up wouldn't believe me when I told here the media was wrong and that Legault was wrong when they said we have "tons of young people in ICUs and in the hospitals". It's flat out misinformation. And the data is available to all on the INSPQ website. I sent her the link and the screenshots on Messenger, she looked at it, and was still skeptical as to whether the raw data or Legault was right. I couldn't believe it.

I don't want to sound like a denier or a conspirationnist, but they're right on one thing; A lot of people have lost the ability to even try to judge if something makes sense or not in this pandemic. It's scary. I mean. I personally know a lot of people who were ready to wear a mask alone on a 23x11 meters tennis court because the government told them to.

Last edited:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
My step father (56) has deep vein thrombosis in his legs that is so bad it is inoperable. He was specifically advised not to get an AZ shot by his family doctor and wait for something else as he would be in the high-risk group should he develop any complications.

then your step father should not get it, he's in a very specific situation and was specifically advised by a doctor that it's not good for him which is totally fair and understandable

the point here is that this is kinda different than Jean Jeanguy Tremblay-Tremblay from Rosemont who's an average joe convincing himself that he shouldn't get AZ because his right knee sometime hurts when it rains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad