OT: Covid-19 (Part 39) Subject Line Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I have a question that might be stupid. What happens if you get vaccinated and have Covid and don’t know it. Like a day or two after your vaccination you realize you got Covid. Does that nullify the vaccine? Does it help you in any way?

I don't think anyone can answer that question at this point......I think it could help, but I don't think it will take effect before 2 weeks.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Get a doctor’s note quickly! In case they ask for one :)

Pharmacy already know if you have asthma, because of your prescription.
That might be why many pharmacy are opening up today.
Might need your meds, I already got a paper from the doctor last time I renew just in case.
But if you take pumps, it's going to be pretty easy to find out.

I currently don't have a doctor, so I am really not sure how I'd get that proof. My pharmacy always keeps my prescription paper.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Wrong or not is irrelevant. The reaction is still normal.

I never said it wasn't normal. I said it was selfish, which is normal too. But normal doesn't mean it's right.

I mean that's where we are today basically.

If you opened everything and removed the public health restrictions, I am quite confident in saying we would be worse off than we are now. They are trying to find balance between managing the pandemic, and keeping the economy/society running at a base level. It's not a perfect plan, at all, but it does require people to make the right decisions, even if they "technically" can get away with more.

I went to IGA to get groceries. I went there often because cooking is one way I kept busy and I don't buy groceries for the week. I could, but I didn't, it was good to get out of the house.
I didn't go there to walk around and buy nothing.

Look, you don't need to justify anything to me, what I think shouldn't matter to anyone else. I limit my outings as much as possible, because that's what we have consistently been told to do, from day 1 (even if this is not an enforced rule). I'd like to think that most people do that same. Most people I've spoken to say they do, but who knows, maybe they're lying about it.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I just don't buy into that narrative. It's clearly making things worse that's for sure. But we keep getting wave after wave because the government is keeping the primary sources for the spread of the virus open. As long as the government manages this pandemic by literally allowing it to spread, nothing will change until most of the population is vaccinated, no matter how "compliant" the population is.

What primary sources in particular? Schools? Workplaces? We don't have CERB anymore, the country can't afford to continue these benefits. So we throw 100s of thousands of people into unemployment while their workplaces are closed?

If we close schools, then parents of school-aged children are forced to either quit their jobs to stay home with the kid, or find some other solution that doesn't involve a third party babysitter. So what would it be? Lock the children in a room with a bucket? Realistically, it's going to be parents bringing kids to work, just like how it often goes for PED days or unexpected school closures. And that's not any better than having the school open to begin with.

I'm not saying the solution now is ideal. It's clearly not. But what else can we do? We can't afford to supplement incomes forever, we've already used that war-chest. This solution is the best balance we have, for now, assuming that everyone follows the guidelines. I guess that's the hard part. We need the government to play babysitter because we can't be left to our own devices.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
I currently don't have a doctor, so I am really not sure how I'd get that proof. My pharmacy always keeps my prescription paper.
If you have any underlying conditions and want to be possibly eligible for the 'medical conditions early phase' you need a medical note or doctor referral(for now, current directive). Do not worry if you don't have a family doctor. Just call the clinique where you've been the most and have a patient file. Push them to produce one if you meet the requirments. If no clinique, perhaps an hospital you have a patient file.

Procedures might change due to the complexity of this operation but this what we got for now. Maybe at some point pharmacy paperwork/drugs list or even nothing at all will be needed, we shall see. I would also hurry to work on this now as once the medical conditions phase starts everyone will be doing the same.

As an example how things change, when we started public vaccination, we would ask patients to bring with them a copy of the meds they take produced by a pharmacist. After weeks of people going to their local pharmacies to get this document produced, they put an end to it due to work overload and too many people in pharmacies. Hence the end of the requirement.

Wish you well.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

Own a kid and you'll get a doctor.

That's how I got my doctor.
My daughter was accepted, my son immediately added.

I had to wait a few months after before having the family doctor

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Our region vaccinated a uber, super, great total of...500 people yesterday. WTF, CISSO, what is the problem??? You have ample vaccines from what we were told. Why 500 folks only??? There are more clients to go to a Timmy's per day than that.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
What primary sources in particular? Schools? Workplaces? We don't have CERB anymore, the country can't afford to continue these benefits. So we throw 100s of thousands of people into unemployment while their workplaces are closed?

If we close schools, then parents of school-aged children are forced to either quit their jobs to stay home with the kid, or find some other solution that doesn't involve a third party babysitter. So what would it be? Lock the children in a room with a bucket? Realistically, it's going to be parents bringing kids to work, just like how it often goes for PED days or unexpected school closures. And that's not any better than having the school open to begin with.

I'm not saying the solution now is ideal. It's clearly not. But what else can we do? We can't afford to supplement incomes forever, we've already used that war-chest. This solution is the best balance we have, for now, assuming that everyone follows the guidelines. I guess that's the hard part. We need the government to play babysitter because we can't be left to our own devices.

I mean, governments implemented more stringent lock-down measures elsewhere which managed the spread of the virus far more effectively. Surprise surprise, their economies also recovered far better than ours have.

I get that there are constraints, trade-offs, and opportunity costs depending on whatever choices the government seeks to implement. I'll event concede at this point in time, it's increasingly less feasible to implement more total lockdown measures for any significant portion of time for some of the reasons you suggested.

That doesn't absolve the government's completely botched response to this pandemic, which was ad hoc almost the entire way, and never bothered learning and implementing measures that were clearly successful elsewhere.

The government chose to deal with the pandemic since its early stages to the present day by allowing it to spread. We can see how this approach failed in almost every single Western democracy, and why it was simply one of the worst possible approaches to the pandemic. You can keep ICUs manageable for a while with partial lockdowns and gradual re-openings, but as long as the primary sources of spread are open for long enough periods of time, it will get out of control eventually.

Of course now, it's far more difficult to implement things we know have been successful elsewhere, and that's not the population's fault, that's the governments fault.

No amount of compliance from the population would have changed that. At this point all we can hope for is for the population to be sufficiently vaccinated in order to return to some semblance of normalcy. But that didn't necessarily have to be the case.

Last edited:

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Our region vaccinated a uber, super, great total of...500 people yesterday. WTF, CISSO, what is the problem??? You have ample vaccines from what we were told. Why 500 folks only??? There are more clients to go to a Timmy's per day than that.
I honestly don't know why we didn't request military help for vaccination. 2 weeks ago quebec was looking good with the small amount of supplies but as supplies grows we seeing more and more problems arise in regions and seeing a lack of appointments in MTL...

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I honestly don't know why we didn't request military help for vaccination. 2 weeks ago quebec was looking good with the small amount of supplies but as supplies grows we seeing more and more problems arise in regions and seeing a lack of appointments in MTL...

I get what you’re saying. I find it somewhat puzzling myself, I mean how many field medics does Canada have that could administer vaccines? Maybe the number isn’t that high. Genuinely curious about that.

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
Lots of talks about a full lockdown for a couple of weeks, is it gonna happen? Wonder if they'll close construction

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
People were just not booking! I'm baffled by this.

Reactions: Runner77

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Here in Oregon they just announced that all Oregonians ( it sounds like something from Star Trek)
16 and over are eligible on 04/19/21. People also cross the Columbia River and go to Washington State, they (Washington) don't seem to mind and my son did that.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Heard about this too as well as 7pm curfew. Guess we’ll find out soon.

There is no way they roll back the curfew to 7 PM. They would start with 8 PM and then see.

Also, it's still sunny at 7 PM & cases are stable. Do you have a source for this information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad