OT: Covid-19 (Part 39) Subject Line Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
What vaccines seem to have the best results all around with all variants? Or are they all equally good? Also, there’s a lot of confusion over those who get their first vaccine. Are they immune to death after 2-3 weeks from the first dose? Or is it only after they get 2nd dose that they’re immune?

You will be happy (me also, I'm asthmatic) We could be up this week.
De nouveaux groupes prioritaires vaccinés dès cette semaine? | JDM (journaldemontreal.com)

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I think maybe by tonight they open up vaccine groups? The government is too much in heat right now, and rightfully f***ing so.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Going to the other priority groups, including the under 60 with conditions! Next step, in about 10 days : US tabarnac!

Depending on how they set what is a condition, many many people could get in the at risk group. I saw at least one state where a BMI of 25 rendered you eligible for vaccination as overweight.

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
How would I prove a risk group?

I have asthma, how would I prove this in order to get vaccinated?

Best,
Andy

Reactions: DavePeak

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016

Best,
Andy
Get a doctor’s note quickly! In case they ask for one :)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Best,
Andy

Pharmacy already know if you have asthma, because of your prescription.
That might be why many pharmacy are opening up today.
Might need your meds, I already got a paper from the doctor last time I renew just in case.
But if you take pumps, it's going to be pretty easy to find out.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Pharmacy already know if you have asthma, because of your prescription.
That might be why many pharmacy are opening up today.
Might need your meds, I already got a paper from the doctor last time I renew just in case.
But if you take pumps, it's going to be pretty easy to find out.
I have a pump prescription. But TBH, it was because of Covid. I had pumps way back because of allergies (cats).

Reactions: Runner77

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
I have a question that might be stupid. What happens if you get vaccinated and have Covid and don’t know it. Like a day or two after your vaccination you realize you got Covid. Does that nullify the vaccine? Does it help you in any way?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm not making arguments for myself. Just telling you how I know a lot of people feel. You can get mad till your face turns red, people have seen a lot of contradictory decisions and the longer this goes on, the less people are inclined to follow measures.

For what its worth I honestly believe the measure of a person's character isn't what they feel. A lot of people feel anger, sadness, temptation, etc...but the difference is who acts upon those negative feelings. Example: If you're scared and overcome your fear that's more of a positive than a negative IMO.

That said, you said it yourself, actions are important. So if people are breaking this easily then it says something about their resolve and character.

Of course, we have to have some sort of basic human compassion too. If people break the rules a couple times, its fine. It's not ideal but we're human. It's been over a year and mistakes, accidents and temptation will win over from time to time. I just hope they are innocent and not based on complacency and stupidity.

Reactions: dinodebino

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I have a question that might be stupid. What happens if you get vaccinated and have Covid and don’t know it. Like a day or two after your vaccination you realize you got Covid. Does that nullify the vaccine? Does it help you in any way?

What Happens If You Get The Vaccine And Don't Know You Have COVID-19?

"No, it won’t make you sicker or less sick if you have COVID-19 and get the vaccine, but it could make the vaccine less effective if you get the shot when you have symptoms of any virus"

I believe that your system will be fighting the virus and will "ignore/trivialize" the instructions from the mRNA to generate spike protein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad