OT: Covid-19 (Part 36) Closing Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Prolembs with PAB-NURSE are not the salary...

is the schedule .... forced overtime after forced overtime etc...

The structure is absolutelty wrong. everybody worh 7-14 or 8-14 or 4-14...

an absolute mess all-around... and most of them wanna work 4 days a work and not 5...

Honeslty they gave them way too much 10 years ago and now they are used to it and changing to a normal 37.5h weekly schedule is a nightmare...

Going private = flexible schedule and they pay an absurd rate but in 1-2 years all those Agency will fall after COVID...

So the CSN is using it as an argument and leaking stuff to press to pressure the Government and get a good reputation in public...

truly a shanmbolic mess.
One easy solution to all of this : abolish the liberal-created private sector system. You're a nurse? You work for the govmnt. It's easy, really.

Liberals f***ed it up by helping friends make money with the system. Un chum s't'un chum!

Break it all up. And you will automatically get rid of the OT fallacy. You'll have more people in the system and you will save money too!

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
One easy solution to all of this : abolish the liberal-created private sector system. You're a nurse? You work for the govmnt. It's easy, really.

Liberals f***ed it up by helping friends make money with the system. Un chum s't'un chum!

Break it all up. And you will automatically get rid of the OT fallacy. You'll have more people in the system and you will save money too!

Yes and no... Private CHSLD and RPA still need some nurses and stuff...

Maybe create a system where you can choose and learn the craft of being a PAB-Auxiliairy and Nurse in a Private place and after 5 years you have to make the switch to the Public on an EQUIVALENT SHIFT

NO MORE AGENCY. Right now they could pay NURSE 90$ an hour and the problem wouldn't change.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Yes and no... Private CHSLD and RPA still need some nurses and stuff...

Maybe create a system where you can choose and learn the craft of being a PAB-Auxiliairy and Nurse in a Private place and after 5 years you have to make the switch to the Public on an EQUIVALENT SHIFT

NO MORE AGENCY. Right now they could pay NURSE 90$ an hour and the problem wouldn't change.
Yeah, my bad, I was talking about the agencies.

Reactions: King Makar19

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Hey, where are you now? Weren't you in HK last year at the same time?
I was in HK from 2016-2019...then moved to Saudi Arabia. Came here last winter to take care of visa paper but covid hit and borders shut before I could complete process. Worked remotely for a bit but after a while they needed a General Manager on site so they had to hire a new one. Kept me on furlough but I couldn't wait anymore come fall. Had to recycle myself and now working as a sales rep for Audi, which isn't so bad but sucks to have lost my career and have to start from scratch. Worked there for about 3 weeks and then we went into lockdown..lol. Reopened today, good to see people but man I miss my career.
Add insult to injury, broke up with my gf who lives in Hong Kong because our plans got destroyed with Covid. She staying there, I'm here...can't really travel..to make it all worse, nearly impossible to meet someone new these days.
Life is very near garbage level right now.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I was in HK from 2016-2019...then moved to Saudi Arabia. Came here last winter to take care of visa paper but covid hit and borders shut before I could complete process. Worked remotely for a bit but after a while they needed a General Manager on site so they had to hire a new one. Kept me on furlough but I couldn't wait anymore come fall. Had to recycle myself and now working as a sales rep for Audi, which isn't so bad but sucks to have lost my career and have to start from scratch. Worked there for about 3 weeks and then we went into lockdown..lol. Reopened today, good to see people but man I miss my career.
Add insult to injury, broke up with my gf who lives in Hong Kong because our plans got destroyed with Covid. She staying there, I'm here...can't really travel..to make it all worse, nearly impossible to meet someone new these days.
ah man, sorry to hear about the GF Kriss :(

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Jesus F'in Christ....man, nothing to add. Except : keep up the fight (I know, sounds shitty, but what else to say?). Cheers, man.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Jesus F'in Christ....man, nothing to add. Except : keep up the fight (I know, sounds shitty, but what else to say?). Cheers, man.
Yup..it is what it is. Small light at the end of the tunnel, might be able to get back into my career for a company in Toronto, but still have to wait 3-6 months to see if what they're working on goes according to plan.

Reactions: the

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

if it were to happen, lots of them would just quit. same with PAB.

anyway, the main problem is not schedule or salary, it's always the same : QC does not care one bit about it's workers, govt couldnt even be bothered faking it.

Reactions: King Makar19

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

For what its worth, your career isn't over...just postponed.

I got side tracked on my career a few years back for things out of my control. It happens. I'm sure that IF you want to return in your field there will be a door open for you when things cool off.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
For what its worth, your career isn't over...just postponed.

I got side tracked on my career a few years back for things out of my control. It happens. I'm sure that IF you want to return in your field there will be a door open for you when things cool off.
Let's hope you're right mate, thanks.

Reactions: the

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Like 6 month too late

N95 now mandatory is hot spot.

Availability? These items have long been back ordered. Pointless in making something mandatory without being able to procure them. Such a huge problem in Canada with our inability to produce our own supplies. I hope we have learned something and recognize a large need and we stop looking for short cuts.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Availability? These items have long been back ordered. Pointless in making something mandatory without being able to procure them. Such a huge problem in Canada with our inability to produce our own supplies. I hope we have learned something and recognize a large need and we stop looking for short cuts.

We have them.....we don't have as much as we should or we wanted, but we got some.
The reserve was about 1.4 million masks in December.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
We have them.....we don't have as much as we should or we wanted, but we got some.
The reserve was about 1.4 million masks in December.

You said 6 months too late. If none were available 6 months ago, what did you think could have been done? Is that enough for healthcare workers all over canada? How often do they need to be changed? If Canada doesn't have a steady supply to manufacture these items, what do you do when they run out?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Speaking of gf crisis...

Mine was supposed to fly up here last May for my birthday and stay a few weeks. Obviously didn't happen. Last fall I actually flew to St. Louis to formally break up. It wasn't my idea and there's more to the story I'm not willing to share at this point (COVID related). Was very tough for me.

Also all alone now.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You said 6 months too late. If none were available 6 months ago, what did you think could have been done? Is that enough for healthcare workers all over canada? How often do they need to be changed? If Canada doesn't have a steady supply to manufacture these items, what do you do when they run out?

That was the reserve for Quebec only.
I didn't expect them to be available 6 months ago, but since the start of the 2nd wave....of course.

I understand we don't have a chain of supply but one part of those N95 are made in Canada and there's a difference between Canada where wearing a N95 masks is almost a crime even in healthcare facilities and in the US where normal citizen have access to them daily.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
How is it if you need to go to the ER? COVID risk high?
Most hospitals triage Covid patients to another section. Besides, the actual risk of whatever brought you to the ER is probably greater than the hypothetical risk of Covid.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Speaking of gf crisis...

Mine was supposed to fly up here last May for my birthday and stay a few weeks. Obviously didn't happen. Last fall I actually flew to St. Louis to formally break up. It wasn't my idea and there's more to the story I'm not willing to share at this point (COVID related). Was very tough for me.

Also all alone now.
Feel you bud..such a shit time to be single. The curfew pretty much took away any type of possible fun for me.

Reactions: GoodKiwi

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
That was the reserve for Quebec only.
I didn't expect them to be available 6 months ago, but since the start of the 2nd wave....of course.

I understand we don't have a chain of supply but one part of those N95 are made in Canada and there's a difference between Canada where wearing a N95 masks is almost a crime even in healthcare facilities and in the US where normal citizen have access to them daily.

They are sitting on millions of N99 respirators made in Canada, reusable to boot. It can't be used because the NIOSH was closed during most of the pandemic and they couldn't get the certification for it. Now the NIOSH is back in action but have a huge backlog so the masks are still collecting dust in a warehouse somewhere.

The irony is the decided to be proactive with domestic production for once, but still kind of failed, because they rely on a foreign agency for certification. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Milhouse40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad