OT: Covid-19 (Part 34) It's beginning to look a lot like... (Mod warning #439)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You'll think I'm making this up, but she showed us a routine on the poll... wearing 8-inch heels. She talked my female friend and the other lady into trying some moves too. So I'm sitting there watching a lizard stripper and two other women contort their bodies in a group pole dance as a warmup to the anti-vax plandemic seance.

I barely believe this shit myself, but it really happened. :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
That's why some of the biggest visionaries were social outcasts, because new insights are often revolutionary and contradictory to common beliefs.
Funny, I was typing that and thinking, "I'll bet money Ozy is going to comment on this..."

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Yes they will. Politicians are allowed to travel like everyone else. It's discouraged but not forbidden, why would people not isolate because some politicians traveled?

You seriously underestimate how a portion of the population thinks.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well there's a jail sentence if they can't pay the fine. It's supposed to be a felony but they aren't fining or charging people for breaking quarantine. So why would we expect people to follow the law?

Force people to ruin their lives for breaking quarantine. Actions have consequences. These people know better. They do it because they don't give a shit about others and know nothing will happen to them.

They're not going to jail someone because he went to IGA while he was meant to isolate after traveling and couldn't pay close to a million dollars loll
''What you in for man?...rape, you? I went to the grocery store.''

Ruin their lives?? What a smart idea...not.

Reactions: MasterD

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
There's something to this. We've never been bombarded with so much social stimuli hitting us 24/7. Every URL offers belonging in some form -- you're either a valued customer, a fellow fan, a potential date, a loyal follower, or a soldier battling an enemy. We're hooked in so many ways by so many people on so many platforms... imagine what that flood of content is doing to our cognition. We can't process all of it, but being social creatures, we usually choose content that reinforces social belonging over cold facts. We'd rather share a delusion with a group than be alone with the truth.

Our minds were not build to process this much information. For some people, it seems to trigger some sort of disease and they go batshit f***ing insane.

Last edited by a moderator:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
They're not going to jail someone because he went to IGA while he was meant to isolate after traveling and couldn't pay close to a million dollars loll
''What you in for man?...rape, you? I went to the grocery store.''

Ruin their lives?? What a smart idea...not.

What's the point of having laws if they aren't enforced? The quarantine act was invoked, it has to mean something. Otherwise what's the point? Why would I follow any laws at all?

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The people who are going to break isolation, will do it regardless of whether a politician traveled or not.

It has empowered a portion of the population that was skeptical or indifferent. People feel as though if they need to be isolated in their house, so should the politicians.

By all accounts, keep believing that it has no effect. People are outraged.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What's the point of having laws if they aren't enforced? The quarantine act was invoked, it has to mean something. Otherwise what's the point? Why would I follow any laws at all?

The maximum penalty is 750K and/or 6 months emprisonment. Like I said, you're not going to add close to one million dollars of debt to someone and make him go to jail because he went to IGA. That would be mental.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
There a margin between being pinushed and 750k$... 50k$ would be scary enough for most

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The maximum penalty is 750K and/or 6 months emprisonment. Like I said, you're not going to add close to one million dollars of debt to someone and make him go to jail because he went to IGA. That would be mental.

It's not just going to IGA though. If it were we wouldn't have an issue.

Are DUI laws too severe too?

There a margin between being pinushed and 750k$... 50k$ would be scary enough for most

It's the law, I didn't come up with the number out of nowhere. In the end the problem is they don't enforce it.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It has empowered a portion of the population that was skeptical or indifferent. People feel as though if they need to be isolated in their house, so should the politicians.

By all accounts, keep believing that it has no effect. People are outraged.

There are people who are exempt from the 14 day quarantine post-travel, so it depends.
Some people were outraged because they canceled Xmas, telling people not to travel, but then one politician goes on vacay. It's totally warranted to be disappointed and upset, doesn't give you the right to blow shit up and not follow the rules.
You travel, you isolate.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
There are people who are exempt from the 14 day quarantine post-travel, so it depends.
Some people were outraged because they canceled Xmas, telling people not to travel, but then one politician goes on vacay. It's totally warranted to be disappointed and upset, doesn't give you the right to blow shit up and not follow the rules.
You travel, you isolate.

While you are correct to look at this way, it is not the way people think and you know that.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
This is my biggest worry with mutations and it seems to becoming real in the UK which means we will be facing the same thing in a few weeks as the UK strain starts to make its way around the population here.

Covid wards 'full of children' for first time in pandemic, warn nurses

Maybe people will start believing the science if kids start getting hospitalized.

That is indeed, very very troubling.

The silver lining of the original strain was that very few hospitalizations or deaths were happening in younger people. If the new strain has the ability to take out children and the working class, you now also completely decimating the economy.

I can’t help but feel it’s about to get a whole lot uglier.

This is fake news.

Coronavirus: London children's hospital consultant says wards are NOT full of youngsters with Covid | Daily Mail Online

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's not just going to IGA though. If it were we wouldn't have an issue.

Are DUI laws too severe too?
You get your license suspended for a few months if you get a DUI. Ya, that's fair. You even get your record wiped clean 3 years after the conviction.
750 000$ is beyond ridiculous and will never be applied, same with the 6 months jail time.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
While you are correct to look at this way, it is not the way people think and you know that.

As I said, the people who are going to break isolation would have done it regardless. They use this as their excuse but they weren't going to respect it anyways.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We're on the verge of a new Covid thread.

Wondering if the mods would be OK to assort it with a poll about whether or not posters will agree to get vaccinated. A simple yes or no question, with no opportunity to view results until after one has voted and a long enough time to participate.

Thanks in advance for any consideration.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Shape-shifting reptilian from outer space that gain position of power on Earth to execute their plot to crush humanity. Dunno if they consider Bill to be one or just a collaborator, but I know Canada's head of the state is supposed to be one...
Thanks. First time I'm hearing about this. So we just get enslaved, we don't get to become lizard men. That's anticlimactic lol.

You'll think I'm making this up, but she showed us a routine on the poll... wearing 8-inch heels. She talked my female friend and the other lady into trying some moves too. So I'm sitting there watching a lizard stripper and two other women contort their bodies in a group pole dance as a warmup to the anti-vax plandemic seance.

I barely believe this shit myself, but it really happened. :laugh:
This will be the story to top in 2021, much like the guy with his Romanian girlfriend a couple of years back lol.

I would pitch this to a B-movie sci-fi director, sounds like one of those straight to video cheap crazy flicks that will become a cult classic lol

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Thanks. First time I'm hearing about this. So we just get enslaved, we don't get to become lizard men. That's anticlimactic lol.

This will be the story to top in 2021, much like the guy with his Romanian girlfriend a couple of years back lol.

I would pitch this to a B-movie sci-fi director, sounds like one of those straight to video cheap crazy flicks that will become a cult classic lol

Lshap & Jaffy’s excellent adventure

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
They postpone my second vaccine to give the 1st dose to a maximum of people. Not super happy with that, i hope everything will be fine for me with the 2nd dose despite the delay.

Reactions: DavePeak

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
They postpone my second vaccine to give the 1st dose to a maximum of people. Not super happy with that, i hope everything will be fine for me with the 2nd dose despite the delay.

Where would that be? I know all the Canadian province who decided to stop stashing half their doses did so under the assumption the supply would be delivered on time for the 2nd dose, they never said anything about delaying it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wonder what the handguns were for. Maybe to shoot down the variant strain in case it might show up at the parties.

Reactions: DavePeak

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Oh boo hoo, quit being selfish. I would take half a vaccine if offered one and be happier than not having anything.

Reactions: MasterD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad