OT: Covid-19 (Part 34) It's beginning to look a lot like... (Mod warning #439)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Worst in-store hand sanitizer experience so far - Sobeys, locally produced alcohol-based jelly. It smells 100% the same as Dekuyper gin, which made me puke many times as an experimenting drinker a long time ago. Really not a nice memory to bring back to my nose.

Then you get in the car and that's all your hands smell like at the wheel. Puke puke puke. (not really, but you know..)

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
... we've given up? Nobody's listening? A ghost town?

upload_2020-12-15_15-49-49.jpeg

images

Referring to a ghost-town figuratively speaking now is preferable to a literal ghost-town later.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Good luck with Costco, Walmart and Canadian Tire Mr. Legault. Pallister had to hire a security firm via provincial contract to deal with commercial enforcement. And they only have Winterpeg to deal with mostly, a lot more complicated in QC. But thumbs up on the fairness aspect.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
He's asking widows and widowers at the senior age, who have more than one son/daughter they could visit at Christmas, to choose. That old grandparent needs to choose a family to gather with.

Reactions: llamateizer

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Non-essential, non office business. So good to go until the 24th at close of business.

If Audi dealerships had cheaper service rates maybe it'd be considered essential right, gotta keep all those old 2.0T's on the road..... :sarcasm:
If they'd be cheaper they'd be shitty cars ;)

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Well....Can we have Tom Cruise take care of those who don't give a crap about the Covid measures?

Raging Tom Cruise warns Mission: Impossible crew they're 'f***ing gone' if they break Covid rules on set (the-sun.com)

There's one guy who said that we should wake up and rebel against the government for "lying to us". He was almost talking about taking arms up to fight.

._.

Covidiots, I guess. I have plenty of them on Facebook and it's annoying. I can't really delete them as they are friends to my friends.

Edit. Also there was this girl complaining that she'll have to do double-shifts at the Hospital for the next 3 weeks and yet people are whining that they have to stay home. They still don't see the problem here.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
There's one guy who said that we should wake up and rebel against the government for "lying to us". He was almost talking about taking arms up to fight.

._.

Covidiots, I guess. I have plenty of them on Facebook and it's annoying. I can't really delete them as they are friends to my friends.

Edit. Also there was this girl complaining that she'll have to do double-shifts at the Hospital for the next 3 weeks and yet people are whining that they have to stay home. They still don't see the problem here.
For your covidiot friends. The unfollow button is a god send. I think I unfollowed 90% of my friends on Facebook. Cleaned that news feed right up lol

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
I de-activated my facebook account months ago. I couldn't believe what was going on in there. I never thought that my progressive friends on the list would be the most covidiots. A real rude awakening.

Anyway, count me on to be ready to roll up my sleeve for the vaccine when my name will be called.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'm really pleasantly surprised by my family. I have several classic xenophobic pure laine in my family, but I think I have seen only 1 post that was borderline covidiot. Most people have taken it seriously. I do have two aunts (out of 16) planning to go back to Florida in February though. I probably have an aunt with a boyfriend (Montreal guy that worked for weapon companies and has a cottage with guns in Vermont and somewhat liked Trump) that would be that kind of guy, but haven't seen much.

My parents took their sweet f***ing time getting back from Florida back in March/April, but have been good since then.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yeah a bit of context is missing regarding what he does for testing, quarantining and so on.

I mean, he is trying though.

But if the crew and cast are isolating on a ship then why does he care if two staffers are within 2 meters? Isn't the point to isaloate together is so they don't have to worry about this stuff...

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

._.

Darwinian checks and balances may save you the drama of having to delete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad