OT: Covid-19 (Part 34) It's beginning to look a lot like... (Mod warning #439)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I understand all that, I truly do. But the fact that this government keeps shitting the bed, and with the soon-to-be astronomical rise in cases (thanks to Holiday gatherings, trips down south, etc), we need to do everything to (try to) protect as many people as possible. I'd much rather be 50% protected and ensure that everyone else gets 50% protected, than think of me alone to get 90% and half the population have to struggle through these grueling times. Both odds suck, but if we can manage to at least protect as many people 50%, it's better than nothing. Those who are "protected 50%" from what I've been told (it could absolutely be false, I just heard from a friend-of-a-friend), if exposed to the virus, shouldn't have very severe symptoms (just like those with 90% are sure to have no severe symptoms, only mild). That alone, again if true, is good enough.

Quebec desperately needs an Israel situation, where they vaccinate 100k per day. Unfortunately, we're way behind that - and very soon it'll unfortunately be do-or-die for many people.

Yes we have to be fast, but we also have to do it right.
It's not a sprint here,

There's other factors to include when you look at Israel:

- Israel is much, much smaller country which helps a lot in the distribution of the vaccine. Don't have to cover a lot of ground...but even so, Pfizer said too much movement of their vaccine will lead to deterioration but apparently, Israel is not following their advices and said to have "found a way" to safely traveled with the vaccine.

- Might not be 100% accurate on this but from what I know, they started vaccination after Hanukkah while we started right in the middle of Christmas time, which slowed down the process.

- Not many knows that Israel is supposed to take a two weeks off from vaccination too cause they will not have enough doses
Health Ministry D-G: There will be two-week break in vaccine campaign - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

That's 14 days without vaccination....It could be very different after that 14 days too.
There's also politics at play in Israel with an Election coming up.

But like I said, it's not a sprint....or somethings like this might happens
Covid vaccine: West Virginia mistakenly gives 42 people Regeneron IV Covid treatment instead of vaccine shot (cnbc.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad