OT: Covid-19 (Part 32) Numbers Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Just got a system test alert (text) here in BC like 30 seconds ago. It was a silent buzz and i still jumped, LOL.

Reactions: Paddyjack

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Not directly related to COVID but loosely... All these conspiracy nutjobs moving to that alt-right Parler app have to feel really stupid now.

A lot of news about Parler being hacked, but this is not true. Parler was NOT hacked. Parler's data was leaked because of sloppy security practices. And what was leaked is very bad.

What's going to come out in the next few weeks will make Facebook look like angels.
Full confession: I opened an account there. The level of batshit-crazy is through the roof, but Parler is nothing new. It's the same childish swamp chatrooms used to be in the 90s, when people posted all their ugly thoughts and pretended it made them liberated.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We are still not testing enough. From the numbers I get off insp, they are getting results of maybe 10k a day, with over 1k positive. We haven't had under 10% positive since November 2nd and even then, they changed the negative tests, they go back and put the negative test to the day of or day after the test was administered. Its a f***ing mess how they report information now.
Why's it dropped so low? At the beginning of the 2nd wave they were testing around 20-30K..

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Full confession: I opened an account there. The level of batshit-crazy is through the roof, but Parler is nothing new. It's the same childish swamp chatrooms used to be in the 90s, when people posted all their ugly thoughts and pretended it made them liberated.

I also gave it a try but I didn't knew exactly what it was before trying it and it went like that:
tenor.gif

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Those of you in Quebec, did you all just get a security alert message on your phones, TV, radio etc.

Man, that was startling and loud.
My phone was on silent mode on my desk while I was walking in my apartment but I immediately recognized the sound from my neighbor's apartment :laugh: Either it's really loud or the sound isolation is not very good (it's actually both).

I keep my phone on silent while I work and I saw the alert pop up, but didn’t hear a thing! I’m happy not to have been startled, but it’s concerning that it doesn’t override the silent mode.
I had the exact same thought. I thought I remembered the alert to bypass silent mode... maybe not for the test?

Last time I heard the alert I was driving in Dorval last summer when the alert went on the radio for a tornado warning... in Ontario!

But trust me, the last place you want to be when an alert like this goes on is in a cellular carrier store... the phones don't need a sim card for emergency mode, they just need to be turned on. And all the demo units go BEE-DOO-BEE-DOO-BEE-DOO

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Parler is far more nefarious than that though. The leaks show they are collecting data on a Cambridge Analytica level. Tracking everything you do online both in the app and outside. They are a psyop built and funded by the Mercers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A "safe exchange zone" is now available in Montreal and Longueuil:

Longueuil Police have set up a special area at their headquarters for people who buy/sell stuff from sites like Kijiji or Marketplace. It’s well-lit and under video surveillance. There’s also one in downtown Montreal.

4nvrog.jpg

Anyone feel reassured by conducting a transaction in such a location?

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal

Longueuil Police have set up a special area at their headquarters for people who buy/sell stuff from sites like Kijiji or Marketplace. It’s well-lit and under video surveillance. There’s also one in downtown Montreal.

4nvrog.jpg

I think the one downtown Montreal is inside the police station (Ste-Catherine/Bishop). It's a good idea, I guess I'd be reassured but tbh I'm not very good at buying/selling stuff on Kijiji so it's not for me anyway.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
We are still not testing enough. From the numbers I get off insp, they are getting results of maybe 10k a day, with over 1k positive. We haven't had under 10% positive since November 2nd and even then, they changed the negative tests, they go back and put the negative test to the day of or day after the test was administered. Its a f***ing mess how they report information now.

Positivity rate hasn't been above 7% since late May. (But yeah, I agree, we should test more regardless)

Guessing by your numbers that you are probably making the same mistake as @GoodKiwi, by equating "Personnes Infirmées" (Graph 4.1 from INSPQ) to a "negative test" and those aren't the same thing.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Positivity rate hasn't been above 7% since late May. (But yeah, I agree, we should test more regardless)

Guessing by your numbers that you are probably making the same mistake as @GoodKiwi, by equating "Personnes Infirmées" (Graph 4.1 from INSPQ) to a "negative test" and those aren't the same thing.
I do not crawl INSPQ, I use "Total negative tests" from quebec.ca website (CSV files uploaded there actually).

Data on COVID-19 in Québec

To me, as to @CrAzYNiNe , only those outcomes that were confirmed matter. It just makes sense to me personally.

I'm willing to listen as to how you'd interpret positivity rate. I don't post the numbers to push any sort of an agenda, I'm very open-minded to suggestions. Let's discuss further.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I do not crawl INSPQ, I use "Total negative tests" from quebec.ca website (CSV files uploaded there actually).

Data on COVID-19 in Québec

To me, as to @CrAzYNiNe , only those outcomes that were confirmed matter. It just makes sense to me personally.

I'm willing to listen as to how you'd interpret positivity rate. I don't post the numbers to push any sort of an agenda, I'm very open-minded to suggestions. Let's discuss further.

I know you are not pushing an agenda, You are getting owned by wording and methodology.

That number on Quebec.ca is sourced from INSPQ and the methodology they use is this:
tARiUAR.png

QiIox35.png

So as you can see, that number isn't really a "total negative tests", hence why you get positivity in the ±13% daily.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

Like I said, they changed it. What does it mean? It used to say negative.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

4nvrog.jpg

Not sure I see the point...

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal

4nvrog.jpg

I've had friends get robbed at gun point during kijiji exchanges. This is a good thing.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Like I said, they changed it. What does it mean? It used to say negative.

If you can read french I posted the whole thing just above you post, if you can't well... That's a lot of stuff to write, so I will just give you an example of how it work.

Let's say I get a covid test every 12th of each month for the past 5 months, that's how my tests would affect the data from graph 4.1:

July 12
result: negative
Personnes Infirmées +1
Cas confirmés +0

August 12
Personnes Infirmées +0
Cas confirmés +0

Sep 12
result: positive
Personnes Infirmées -1
Cas confirmés +1

Oct 12
result: positive
Personnes Infirmées +0
Cas confirmés +0

Nov 12
Personnes Infirmées +0
Cas confirmés +0

So after 5 tests I only had an effect on the data 3 times, once to get included in the "Personnes infirmées", then one time to get kicked out of that same group and another time to be added as a "cas confirmé". And since I got ONE positive test I can never go back in the "Personnes Infirmées" group, ever again.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not sure I see the point...

The idea is meeting a stranger on premises that are safe. Both parties are being filmed so you have some kind of protection in the event one party acts fraudulently (example if it turns out that the goods being transacted are stolen).

Better to have that stranger there than at your house.

That’s the general idea. Not sure people would actually avail themselves of this.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've had friends get robbed at gun point during kijiji exchanges. This is a good thing.

Woah. Imagine bringing those people over into your home posing as « buyers. » :eek:

Might explain why some people feel safer selling on Facebook Marketplace as the other party is conceivably identified by having a profile on Facebook.

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Damn.
not crowded, close, or closed in.

That’s really concerning as people playing golf thought it was safe on account its open air aspect. Regardless of the lower risk to get Covid in open air, you still have to take basic precautions (social distance, etc).

There are also areas of the golf course where you can congregate or be swapping air in enclosed spaces (boutique, clubhouse, sharing a ride to and fro).

You just can’t let your guard down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad