OT: Covid-19 (Part 30) Catch a Wave (Mod warning #135)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Not sure if R0 can be calculated using these numbers, but food for thought. Here are the numbers for new confirmed positive tests over a rolling 2 week period:

August 25th at 1085 (baseline)
September 10th double to 2,188 (16 days)
September 21st doubles to 4,415 (11 days)
September 30th not yet doubles to 8,413 (likely to double tomorrow, therefore 10 days)

Remember this is a rolling number, which means tomorrow October 1st, will only include new cases from September 18 to October 1st inclusive.

Food for thought: The government has a total of 5,891 total active cases in the province (total cases-deaths-recovered=total active cases) where my calculations of taking simply the known tested positives over two weeks is 8,431 today. The government had said back on July 17th that all active cases were recovered 2 weeks after their positive test result was received, yet we have a 2,500 case discrepancy between what we have and what they say are active cases.

If we flip it on its head and use total numbers as of August 25, with total cases being only what's active that day

August 25th at 1085 (baseline)
September 3rd double to 2,215 (8 days)
September 14th doubles to 4,544 (11 days)
September 25th doubles to 9.589 (11 days)
September 30th at 13,570 (need 19000 cases to double, likely around October 6th, which would be 11 days)

So like I said, we doubled the rolling active cases, we are at 8,865 today, which doubled in 10 days

As for the below numbers, we hit 14,503 new cases since August 25 (included in that 14503 is the baseline of infected only as of that date (1085)). This means we are 4500 new cases away from doubling, which still stands at October 6th if we keep around 900 cases a day.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
You are being incredibly childish.

According to you.

I could reciprocate with personal attacks on posters, which you might view as a mature action going by your posting history. Or, I could share my personal disgust in other's opinions as some have done, but I prefer to acknowledge their thoughts and feelings instead.

It's very normal for people to get upset when others don't agree with them. I understand that.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
And 'peaceful assembly' in this context has a specific meaning. It doesn't mean hang out in your yard with your friends.

Is a few people walking around their block protesting for gay rights a 'peaceful assembly'? Or women's rights? Are my friends and family allowed to take part in such a protest, or are only strangers allowed, according to the constitution?

You are not the arbiter of what does and does not constitute a protest so I hope you can understand that not everyone agrees with what you personally feel should be allowed, and what is or is not breaking the law.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
According to you.

I could reciprocate with personal attacks on posters, which you might view as a mature action going by your posting history. Or, I could share my personal disgust in other's opinions as some have done, but I prefer to acknowledge their thoughts and feelings instead.

It's very normal for people to get upset when others don't agree with them. I understand that.

Purposely skirting the rules in place that are meant to protect public health in order to make some kind of edgy point and hang out with your pals is childish. It's also selfish. You can whine about "personal attacks" all you want, but you won't get many people on your side. I am calling out this kind of behaviour for what it is, nothing more.

Is a few people walking around their block protesting for gay rights a 'peaceful assembly'? Or women's rights? Are my friends and family allowed to take part in such a protest, or are only strangers allowed, according to the constitution?

You are not the arbiter of what does and does not constitute a protest so I hope you can understand that not everyone agrees with what you personally feel should be allowed, and what is or is not breaking the law.

Are you organizing these marches because you actually believe in the cause?

Or are you doing this to get around the rules in place because for whatever reason you feel you should be able to?

If you want to organize a protest, please go right ahead. Like was mentioned before, there are rules and criteria involved in this. You need a police presence too. I truly hope you actually believe in the cause and have something you want to get out of this if you're willing to waste everyone's time and taxpayer dollars because you want to make some vague point. The rights we have to do this sort of thing were fought for, at some point, and people died to ensure we have these rights. I truly hope you have a little bit of respect for them.

Because, once again, if you're just trying to be some kind of weird edgelord because you don't like the public health guidelines then just buzz off, nobody f***ing cares.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Quebec only data for last 30 days:

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 2.05.42 PM.png

Reactions: Le CH

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That's more for Father/Mother/Children than for adult siblings though, as they are not part of the same family unit anymore.
:huh: What does that mean? They don't live together anymore? Most adults don't live with their parents either.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The ''Right of Family Life''.
Right to family life - Wikipedia

It's a basic human right. How could you think it's not mate?

Interesting, I did not know this was covered as an international human right. That being said, I am not sure if the COVID restrictions would be considered in violation of what is covered under these rights. Would be interesting to see how legal challenges have gone, if there have been any.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Interesting, I did not know this was covered as an international human right. That being said, I am not sure if the COVID restrictions would be considered in violation of what is covered under these rights. Would be interesting to see how legal challenges have gone, if there have been any.

I mean even in prison, they allow you to see your family or visitors. Confinement is really messed up man. Telling people they can't even gather in a park, in small groups, is really crazy. People accept it because we are all mostly law abiding citizen who follow orders otherwise chaos ensues, and we understand there is a pandemic going on, but this shit ain't normal. Can't really blame people who struggle with it.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Purposely skirting the rules in place that are meant to protect public health in order to make some kind of edgy point and hang out with your pals is childish. It's also selfish.

My family and close friends are not my "pals". I may only see my father, and a few other family members, a literal handful more times in life before they die so pardon me for my "selfishness".

You can whine about "personal attacks" all you want, but you won't get many people on your side. I am calling out this kind of behaviour for what it is, nothing more.

No one was "whining" about personal attacks. I'm stating that you and others have been making them in order to disparage people with a different opinion and they are against the rules of this forum. That's why one of your very own comments was deleted when reported.

Are you organizing these marches because you actually believe in the cause?

Sure.

Or are you doing this to get around the rules in place because for whatever reason you feel you should be able to?

Of course not.

If you want to organize a protest, please go right ahead. Like was mentioned before, there are rules and criteria involved in this. You need a police presence too. I truly hope you actually believe in the cause and have something you want to get out of this if you're willing to waste everyone's time and taxpayer dollars because you want to make some vague point.

Protesting is a waste of everyone's time and the taxpayer dollars?

The rights we have to do this sort of thing were fought for, at some point, and people died to ensure we have these rights. I truly hope you have a little bit of respect for them.

I have more respect for them than the VAST majority of other protesters. That I can guarantee you.

Because, once again, if you're just trying to be some kind of weird edgelord because you don't like the public health guidelines then just buzz off, nobody f***ing cares.

Again, you're not the arbiter of what people do and don't care about, and I certainly won't be bullied into "buzzing off".

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
:huh: What does that mean? They don't live together anymore? Most adults don't live with their parents either.

And would thus not be considered part of the main family unit anymore. If you look at the case law listed on the page, it's mainly about parents and their underage children.

You can still call and face time. No one is is danger. There is no custody issue. No one is getting deported either so I don't see the right infringement there.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
And would thus not be considered part of the main family unit anymore. If you look at the case law listed on the page, it's mainly about parents and their underage children.

You can still call and face time. No one is is danger. There is no custody issue. No one is getting deported either so I don't see the right infringement there.

You're getting a wee bit too technical mate. We are free beings, we should be allowed to see our f***nig families, it's a basic human right. Now there's a pandemic so new temporary measures are put in place to prevent major spread. That's fine, but again, totally normal for some people to be upset.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
You're getting a wee bit too technical mate. We are free beings, we should be allowed to see our f***nig families, it's a basic human right. Now there's a pandemic so new temporary measures are put in place to prevent major spread. That's fine, but again, totally normal for some people to be upset.

I perfectly understand that. I'd like to see my parents too.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Not known yet if he’ll have symptoms but he’s no spring chicken so this will be quite the story.

Wonder what the covid deniers will say or do. They have to be spinning in the mud right about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad