OT: Covid-19 (Part 30) Catch a Wave (Mod warning #135)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
In my books, if you can't actually deal with people who don't respect the law, don't put it in the first place.
Things are not going to change in the next month. They picked the wrong target.
I agree. Even when they say bars-resto-gatherings are the cause of spike.
Those are all very big and vague. Are 3 people gatherings really a problem? Or it is the 50+ parties? Is it the 200+ people dancing salsa in the park?

It's so vague.

Reactions: Ben Chariot

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I agree. Even when they say bars-resto-gatherings are the cause of spike.
Those are all very big and vague. Are 3 people gatherings really a problem? Or it is the 50+ parties? Is it the 200+ people dancing salsa in the park?

It's so vague.

3 people gathering is probably not an issue. Problem is people will see 3 people gather being ok, then say, well why not 5? Why not 10? Why not 20 if we're all being careful?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
3 people gathering is probably not an issue. Problem is people will see 3 people gather being ok, then say, well why not 5? Why not 10? Why not 20 if we're all being careful?
Well if that's the case then you can say the same at 2. We are allowed 2 people gatherings, that's pretty much the same as 3. Or maybe we can do two and one stays on the balcony, we do rotation shifts whenever the person needs to use the washroom. After a few days, oh well, we all pretty much mingled...etc...

We are going back to what we did at the beginning. It was dumb then, still is dumb now.
I don't think small gatherings are an issue at all. Put a limit to 4 so two couples can see each other at least, and that's it.

You know people are going to break this 2 people rule.

Reactions: MasterD

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Well if that's the case then you can say the same at 2. We are allowed 2 people gatherings, that's pretty much the same as 3. Or maybe we can do two and one stays on the balcony, we do rotation shifts whenever the person needs to use the washroom. After a few days, oh well, we all pretty much mingled...etc...

We are going back to what we did at the beginning. It was dumb then, still is dumb now.
I don't think small gatherings are an issue at all. Put a limit to 4 so two couples can see each other at least, and that's it.

People are going to break whatever rules they put into place. But I actually do think things are less ambiguous when you put a restriction of one other person only, versus multiple other people.

At the end of the day people will break the rules. There are people out there who still think wearing a mask is dangerous, that's how stupid some people are. Or others who cling to stats like "99.5% survival rate!" as if they just uncovered some mystery information that doctors and scientists don't already know. I mean come on, they have access to the same numbers, if not better numbers, than everyone else. They know the survival rate. If they still think it's dangerous then maybe those numbers don't quite mean what the layman thinks they mean.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
People are going to break whatever rules they put into place. But I actually do think things are less ambiguous when you put a restriction of one other person only, versus multiple other people.

At the end of the day people will break the rules. There are people out there who still think wearing a mask is dangerous, that's how stupid some people are. Or others who cling to stats like "99.5% survival rate!" as if they just uncovered some mystery information that doctors and scientists don't already know. I mean come on, they have access to the same numbers, if not better numbers, than everyone else. They know the survival rate. If they still think it's dangerous then maybe those numbers don't quite mean what the layman thinks they mean.

But you're talking about those extreme idiots, and I agree, those will break rules regardless.
I'm talking about the very reasonable person who fully believes this is a serious pandemic, who wears his mask everywhere, will wash their hands at every opportunity. Or the grandmother who wants just play a bit with her grandchildren. You're pushing those people to break the rules.
This because you couldn't prevent a 2nd wave despite knowing pretty much exactly when it would happen and had months to plan a contingency? The best they came up with was to color the map of Quebec in colors and going back to confinement?...

Reactions: MasterD

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

2 is stupid. One visitor, and you can’t even drink! No room for the designated driver! Unless you call an Uber, which defeats the purpose, and then some.

So, no drinking ... let’s play charades or monopoly or risk! Awesome with 2 people!

it should be 4.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So we can't even have small gatherings outdoor? And cops are giving instant power to barge in?
So I can't chill with two buddies in the backyard but my gym can have 50 people inside?
Wtf.

If the numbers don't decline rapidly this is going to blowback at them.

Last edited:
Reactions: cajmonkey

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
So we can't even have small gatherings outdoor? And cops are giving instant power to barge in?
So I can't chill with two buddies in the backyard but my gym can have 50 people inside?
Wtf.

They will not give you tickets if you cooperate with the police.

1- people need to snitch
2- police need to come in and check.

The cops will not investigate a 3 people chat situation. they'll intervene if there is a party with 10-15 people

they'll give tickets if
- don't cooperate
- repeat offender.
- abusive number of people

Reactions: Milhouse40

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I find it so stupid that they close down breakfast, diner and supper joints, but dont close down gyms. Like, I understand targetting Moretti, Bord'elle and other such stupid institutions, but youre killing the real small business that have literally done nothing wrong.

Whats worse, sitting on a socially distanced table while eating my two eggs, or grunting my life away on a bench while socially distanced ? The government assumed number one was.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
So, my son's kindergarten has 2 employees declared covid positive.

My son isn't in the bubble of those employees. (there is 4 bubbles and 2 bubbles interfere together in the morning for a few kids)

I'm mitigated on the necessity to keep my son at home

I work at home. so I can keep him. but he will not get decent attention/education from me.
I'm thinking keeping him for the rest of the week and reassess the situation next week.

Reactions: CrAzYNiNe

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Wtf.

Most of the new cases are still among people in the 20-30 range. The outbreak is due to private gatherings. They don't have a choice but to go nuclear here.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So, my son's kindergarten has 2 employees declared covid positive.

My son isn't in the bubble of those employees. (there is 4 bubbles and 2 bubbles interfere together in the morning for a few kids)

I'm mitigated on the necessity to keep my son at home

I work at home. so I can keep him. but he will not get decent attention/education from me.
I'm thinking keeping him for the rest of the week and reassess the situation next week.
At worst its two weeks to A) see if hes infected and B) protect him from other potential infections.

Reactions: llamateizer

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I find it so stupid that they close down breakfast, diner and supper joints, but dont close down gyms. Like, I understand targetting Moretti, Bord'elle and other such stupid institutions, but youre killing the real small business that have literally done nothing wrong.

Whats worse, sitting on a socially distanced table while eating my two eggs, or grunting my life away on a bench while socially distanced ? The government assumed number one was.

Agree. they should've let restaurants open for 2 adults living in the same address.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Outbreaks in Spain and France had a same start as ours. Most people sick were 20-30 years old. Then, it was followed by an explosion of cases in older people as the young people spread it around the community. Now they are in triple digit deaths again. I truly hope they will be able to cut it out earlier here but it is likely already too late, the virus is all over the general community and not just contained within care facilities like before.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

What are you going to do with your time once this is over... in 2 months? Western civilization will, again, save the planet. Let me know!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Most of the new cases are still among people in the 20-30 range. The outbreak is due to private gatherings. They don't have a choice but to go nuclear here.
I'll have to disagree but if private gatherings are the major issue then you can shut those down, keep restaurants open and allow people to dine in with a limit of 4, with tables distanced.
They don't need to go this extreme. I can't have a beer on the patio with my 2 buddies but I see 6 friends together at the gym or mall without distancing.

I'm pretty disappointed in how they're handling this 2nd wave. It's as if it's all new and they don't know how to react again.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Agree. they should've let restaurants open for 2 adults living in the same address.
Exactly. If the premise is to limit gatherings, well then, allow restaurants to have tables for two. 90% of them followed the rules and are being punished because a few turds allowed large groups to sit together. Way to go, geniuses, you're responsible for shutting down your entire sector.

Goddammit... I love getting work done at cafes and breakfast restaurants, and now that's unavailable. I love my fam, but they're all working from home and I need an occasional break.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They will not give you tickets if you cooperate with the police.

1- people need to snitch
2- police need to come in and check.

The cops will not investigate a 3 people chat situation. they'll intervene if there is a party with 10-15 people

they'll give tickets if
- don't cooperate
- repeat offender.
- abusive number of people

Snitching isn't a good path to go down in imo. Also, you assume cops are going to be friendly, comprehensive, and rational. They don't have to be, that's the problem though. They can fine you if you're 3. They have the power to do it. They can pull you over at any moment and question you as well for people in orange zones.

Reactions: llamateizer

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Exactly. If the premise is to limit gatherings, well then, allow restaurants to have tables for two. 90% of them followed the rules and are being punished because a few turds allowed large groups to sit together. Way to go, geniuses, you're responsible for shutting down your entire sector.

Goddammit... I love getting work done at cafes and breakfast restaurants, and now that's unavailable. I love my fam, but they're all working from home and I need an occasional break.

And apparently the real issue are the private gatherings where a lot of people gather and nobody respects measures. If that's the case than, as you said, why force a shutdown of restaurants again? Just limit the people per table or capacity.

Reactions: cajmonkey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad