OT: Covid-19 (Part 30) Catch a Wave (Mod warning #135)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Earlier today, I came back from work and saw my dad was acting sloppy and wasn't fully there.

Later in the evening, I reminded him I loved him, and asked whether he relapsed (alcoholism). He admitted he did.

Pretty rough on my mental state.
No matter what state your dad was in, telling him you love him sunk in. Guaranteed. He knows you're there for him. You done good, mate.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
So they revoked the Tinder law and now wtf am I to do for 28 days ?????
The website says other wise as long as you live alone.

Mesures en vigueur à partir du 1er octobre

À domicile
Acceptés :
  • un seul visiteur d’une autre adresse pour les personnes seules
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: llamateizer

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
sorry to hear that man. HF Habs got your back

No matter what state your dad was in, telling him you love him sunk in. Guaranteed. He knows you're there for him. You done good, mate.

I'm currently at work. My mind's racing a bit, as I've lived through his relapses and wonder how far down the rabbit hole this one will be. Keeping a positive outlook and I hope my discussions with him yesterday and my time listening helped him not be too down on himself and revert to his old, self-destructive habit.

At this point, it is beyond anyone's control except his.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 11.24.46 AM.png

Reactions: Le CH

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
"COVID-19 Patients Are Far More Ill During Current Wave," Mayanei HaYeshua Director Says - The Yeshiva World

Israel was the first country reporting people being re-infected with a different strain after already having recovered from COVID once before. Seems this time, it is much work, and 40% of seriously ill hospitalized patients are under 50 years old. Like ventilator-level sick.

“Patients are arriving with decidedly more complex lung conditions which require ventilation for a month, a month and a half, and longer. We’re also seeing scarring in the lungs which causes clinical damage and we don’t know yet if the damage is reversible or not. Patients need to be ventilated far more quickly and the virus is causing a decrease in oxygen levels and blood oxygen saturation.”

Furthermore, Prof. Sorkin has noted that almost all patients with lung damage suffer kidney damage as well. “The questions regarding the damage from the virus are only growing,” he said in a frustrated tone. “At the beginning, we saw that the virus damaged the blood vessel cells and we regularly administered huge amounts of blood thinners to prevent hypercoagulability and embolisms in the lungs and brain. But now, although we’re administering blood thinners, we immediately see bleeding in the patients, something completely different than what we saw during the first wave. I’ve been treating patients for 50 years and I don’t remember such a reality.”

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Long-term effects of Covid include damage to heart, liver, kidneys | ITV News

Not good.

50% Of patients have evidence of heart, liver or kidney damage, with a median age of 43 years.

The first data from patients recovering from Covid-19 (160 patients, three months post diagnosis, 79% non-hospitalised) reveals many patients had measurable organ damage - even amongst those not hospitalised.

The study also found many patients who have had Covid-19, especially men, have subnormal heart pumping function.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
The way they frame it though, it's like you can only have one f*** friend.

In my books, if you can't actually deal with people who don't respect the law, don't put it in the first place.
Things are not going to change in the next month. They picked the wrong target.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Not sure if R0 can be calculated using these numbers, but food for thought. Here are the numbers for new confirmed positive tests over a rolling 2 week period:

August 25th at 1085 (baseline)
September 10th double to 2,188 (16 days)
September 21st doubles to 4,415 (11 days)
September 30th not yet doubles to 8,413 (likely to double tomorrow, therefore 10 days)

Remember this is a rolling number, which means tomorrow October 1st, will only include new cases from September 18 to October 1st inclusive.

Food for thought: The government has a total of 5,891 total active cases in the province (total cases-deaths-recovered=total active cases) where my calculations of taking simply the known tested positives over two weeks is 8,431 today. The government had said back on July 17th that all active cases were recovered 2 weeks after their positive test result was received, yet we have a 2,500 case discrepancy between what we have and what they say are active cases.

If we flip it on its head and use total numbers as of August 25, with total cases being only what's active that day

August 25th at 1085 (baseline)
September 3rd double to 2,215 (8 days)
September 14th doubles to 4,544 (11 days)
September 25th doubles to 9.589 (11 days)
September 30th at 13,570 (need 19000 cases to double, likely around October 6th, which would be 11 days)

Last edited:
Reactions: llamateizer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad