OT: Covid-19 (Part 30) Catch a Wave (Mod warning #135)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
There were some false positives in the last 2 days that they subtracted.

Same. I decided to yolo and I'm going to the Dominican on the 31st. Found a deal for 579$ per person for a 4 star hotel in Punta Cana. The Dominican Republic is paying covid insurance and so is Air Canada. I just need a mental break from everything especially after getting laid off.
Just analyzing the situation this week plus knowing about a bunch of Halloween parties happening next week. Sorta feel like a full lockdown is imminent in November.

Hang in there and stay safe buddy. Hopefully you'll get something when you're back.

Reactions: Crusher117

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Same. I decided to yolo and I'm going to the Dominican on the 31st. Found a deal for 579$ per person for a 4 star hotel in Punta Cana. The Dominican Republic is paying covid insurance and so is Air Canada. I just need a mental break from everything especially after getting laid off.
Just analyzing the situation this week plus knowing about a bunch of Halloween parties happening next week. Sorta feel like a full lockdown is imminent in November.
Oh really?
Hows the situation at the hotel? Maybe I should do that too.

Reactions: Bushfire31

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
There is no question people are growing tired of the restrictions, the lack of economy for some business owners and all that.

I wonder if we handled things differently and shut down more at first if things would be different now or ultimately as long as the virus exists it will spread and cause damage.

Kind of at a status quo, watching 1000 cases a day again feels discouraging, like we're going in circles.

Of course, many lives were likely saved so thank god for that but I wish there was a way to manage this thing even better rather than still living in the status quo until we get a vaccine, if we get a vaccine.

This is the key to this virus and pandemic. It will grind our societies slowly.

As much as I hate people in power, it is really crucial that they preserve healthcare workers, because they are in it for the long haul. Who says we won't be getting three waves a year for the next four years?

Reactions: PhysicX

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
This guy at work told me today that covid is nwo training phase by phase? Using fear to exchange our freedoms for security?

He kinda left me in shock for the rest of the day. Is this something anyone else has hear of? I havent read this thread ever so I dont know whats been said. Are we even aloud to speak of this type of scenario?

Im just curious as to what other randoms think of this. I know my friends would just laugh at me. But work dude seemed sincere and uncrazy lol

Thanks

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
This guy at work told me today that covid is nwo training phase by phase? Using fear to exchange our freedoms for security?

He kinda left me in shock for the rest of the day. Is this something anyone else has hear of? I havent read this thread ever so I dont know whats been said. Are we even aloud to speak of this type of scenario?

Im just curious as to what other randoms think of this. I know my friends would just laugh at me. But work dude seemed sincere and uncrazy lol

Thanks

Covid is training phase by phase?? What does that even mean? I don't follow.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
He said alot. Im not gonna lie. Didnt really retain many details. But like training of the new order for society. Said stuff about the UN and great reset and Bill Gates and.. I donno. Lots. When he said it, it all kinda seemed connected. He said globalists alot. And Trump vs Pedophilia. I donno. It was info overload lmao

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
This is the key to this virus and pandemic. It will grind our societies slowly.

As much as I hate people in power, it is really crucial that they preserve healthcare workers, because they are in it for the long haul. Who says we won't be getting three waves a year for the next four years?

I'm the CEO of one of the biggest optical groups in Quebec, 50 stores, hundreds of employees and a lab. I have to deal with 2 professional orders that at times can give contradictory information to their own pros, an increasingly difficult CNSST process when it comes to sanitary precautions, employees dealing with hostile customers when they try to implement PPE procedures, times are so difficult I can't work bonuses like in the past because we are limited in the amount of people we can book and sell too.

Add to that competitors who are massively registering their businesses in BC to bypass internet sales restrictions (which we avoided because we wanted to still honor the 250$ dollars childhood purchase assistance) ... I can tell you one thing ... this virus has ground at our business so badly I wonder at times if we'll make it to the end of the year.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
He said alot. Im not gonna lie. Didnt really retain many details. But like training of the new order for society. Said stuff about the UN and great reset and Bill Gates and.. I donno. Lots. When he said it, it all kinda seemed connected. He said globalists alot. And Trump vs Pedophilia. I donno. It was info overload lmao

typical conspiracy theories, i have a laugh at them and move on. Guys this is not the first pandemic the world had , nor the last, we have to weather the storm with least casualties and move on.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Yeah those types always have a lot to say. I’m pretty liberal with the nonsense I’ll entertain but it really does start bothering me when these guys who don’t know shit think they’re geniuses cause of some info they got from a series of jpegs.

Reactions: ArtPeur and PhysicX

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net

Thanks

You'd be amazed how conspiracy minded people can make sense at times when we feel vulnerable. No matter what you decide to believe do the hard thing and look at everything from both sides. I always believe that if I'm going to believe in something I must work so hard at disproving it to myself, if It's as easy as googling and realizing ...well ... to quote Joe Rogan of all people that several in the conspiracy field are 'borderline schizophrenics', you have to decide where you stand on your own.

Reactions: PhysicX

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Oh my lord...This is how you should feel after hearing your colleague:

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
typical conspiracy theories, i have a laugh at them and move on. Guys this is not the first pandemic the world had , nor the last, we have to weather the storm with least casualties and move on.

Yea I hear you. But I looked up some stuff. The UN is calling covid the great reset. Also Trump has made over 500 arrests and has recovered over 8000 children. WTF? 800,000 children go missing in the States a year! anyways. Thanks for the feed back. Im not heading sown these rabbit holes!

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
It's pretty simple, the UN (or whoever is the embodiment of "new world order" today) is using a bogus pandemic to facilitate its power grab.

Sometimes, Humanity is just absolutely dumbfounding...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

He's into the Q conspiracies which is all 100% bullshit.

That NWO story has been there for decades. I remember how 9-11 was a NWO operation in order to pass the Patriot Act (which was phase 1 back then) and take away our freedoms. That never happened back then, nothing is different today.

In 2009, during the H1N1 pandemic, it was the same crap with Bill Gates and his vaccine with microchip....nothing happened either back then.

This is nothing new, always has been the same principle and basically the same stories over the years.

That's a business generating millions of dollars selling fears.
Bussiness is very good right now.
Don't fail for it....they just want your click.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Have you ever been sick?
Have you ever wondered how come you became sick?
Is it crazy to think because of human overexploitation and destruction of nature, we've unleashed a more infectious type of coronavirus, which has spread throughout the world because of how interconnected humans are and how much/far we travel?
Why must it be a more sophisticated/complicated scenario than the one in the previous question? It's not as if we fully understand our own god damn planet and can recreate nature as well as it (re)generates itself.

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
You'd be amazed how conspiracy minded people can make sense at times when we feel vulnerable. No matter what you decide to believe do the hard thing and look at everything from both sides. I always believe that if I'm going to believe in something I must work so hard at disproving it to myself, if It's as easy as googling and realizing ...well ... to quote Joe Rogan of all people that several in the conspiracy field are 'borderline schizophrenics', you have to decide where you stand on your own.

hahaha.. dude is maybe borderline! He talks so openly and with conviction. But he's the manager. He's pretty well versed in lots of things. Well traveled. A father lmao. Even 9/11 guy openly says it was an inside job. It's funny cause he says all this matter of fact like. Won't argue or engage anyone that thinks otherwise. He has slogans. Cant force someone to see, they have to seek it. Or something. But even worse than all of this. He's a Bruins fan lmao

ROEN

Writes for Habsworld
Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
hahaha.. dude is maybe borderline! He talks so openly and with conviction. But he's the manager. He's pretty well versed in lots of things. Well traveled. A father lmao. Even 9/11 guy openly says it was an inside job. It's funny cause he says all this matter of fact like. Won't argue or engage anyone that thinks otherwise. He has slogans. Cant force someone to see, they have to seek it. Or something. But even worse than all of this. He's a Bruins fan lmao

Ok then ... you know he's insane

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Yea I hear you. But I looked up some stuff. The UN is calling covid the great reset. Also Trump has made over 500 arrests and has recovered over 8000 children. WTF? 800,000 children go missing in the States a year! anyways. Thanks for the feed back. Im not heading sown these rabbit holes!
A quick Google Search lands me on a Reuters article

Each year, 800,000 children are reported missing in America, including some who are lost, injured, have run away from home or are abducted, according to the center, the nation’s leading clearinghouse of information about missing children.
Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, says more than 99 percent of children reported missing in America in recent years have come home alive.

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
A quick Google Search lands me on a Reuters article

Each year, 800,000 children are reported missing in America, including some who are lost, injured, have run away from home or are abducted, according to the center, the nation’s leading clearinghouse of information about missing children.
Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, says more than 99 percent of children reported missing in America in recent years have come home alive.

Just read it! Thanks! That was a relief.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

Sometimes, Humanity is just absolutely dumbfounding...

Well it's really nothing new, conspiracy theorists from the US have seen the UN as the bogeyman since the end of the Cold War, it pretty much came to fill the void left by the red menace.
What I can't explain is why Canadians are jumping on the bandwagon, the stuff that is interpreted as a threat from the UN by the average American conspiracist doesn't make sense from a Canadian perspective.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You should watch the social dilemma. They talk about this. How social media has developed these algorithms that are specifically designed to find what you're into and keep feeding you more and more of that information. The problem with that is you no longer get two sides of stories and are constantly fed what you'll be more inclined to believe.
So that idiot manager of yours, all he gets on his newsfeeds or social media is conspiracy related.
And because we have access to internet now, we also choose where we want to get our information from, so he's probably just visiting sites that, again, feed into his conspiracist mind.

It doesn't make any sense in the end. There isn't this super secretive new world order. It's ridiculous.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 8.05.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 8.05.08 PM.png
    853.6 KB · Views: 1

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I'm gonna need some sources on all those numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad