OT: Covid-19 (Part 30) Catch a Wave (Mod warning #135)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
"Only" 193 new cases in Montreal (that's quite a bit below 7-days average and below Red threshold), but 272 new cases in Capitale-Nationale (which is 4 times higher than Red threshold).

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
"Only" 193 new cases in Montreal (that's quite a bit below 7-days average and below Red threshold), but 272 new cases in Capitale-Nationale (which is 4 times higher than Red threshold).
Pretty nuts that Québec city is spiking again. Nice to see MTL continue to drop.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I have 2 close friends that got it in the last month (both early 30s, men), really mild sympotms but positive test. Stayed home like they were asked to, one with his girlfriend, she never got it. The other with his wife and 3 month old baby, they both didn't get it. Crazy how it works.
Same for my friend. She got it, and she has her 4 yo girl living with her who was negative. She wanted to send her girl to her dad but apparently they still both had to quarantine together. Her kid got tested 3 times throughout the process and never ended up being positive.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 12.19.28 PM.png

Reactions: Le CH

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
10% confirmed positive in Quebec for the last 3 days straight.

Good to see the numbers around Montreal are going down, numbers are today only (Mtl at 193 (7 day red alert is 207), Montérégie at 174 (7 day red alert is 143) and Laval at 62 (7 day red alert is 44))

Reactions: PhysicX

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

You still have that facebook link?

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
He is insane:

Trump labels Fauci a 'disaster' on campaign call

Yesterday I called a woman Fat Ugly Cow after she called Cactus Jack ugly!

I also saw that 2 Costco big shots were also allowed to enter Canada without having to be quarantined when they arrived in Ottawa to open new stores, apparently it was on the same day as when that other US CEO or owner of a business was allowed in without any restrictions.

Reactions: llamateizer

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Only been collecting the regional data for 12 days now, but, in case anyone's interested...

The output still needs a bit of work, but turns out you can't have a horizontal table in SF with headers, so until I invest quite a bit of time to create a new PHP interface to accomplish that, it's the best I can do.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 1.57.40 PM.png

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
He is insane:

Trump labels Fauci a 'disaster' on campaign call

Yesterday I called a woman Fat Ugly Cow after she called Cactus Jack ugly!

I also saw that 2 Costco big shots were also allowed to enter Canada without having to be quarantined when they arrived in Ottawa to open new stores, apparently it was on the same day as when that other US CEO or owner of a business was allowed in without any restrictions.

It's China
It's the WHO
It's the Governors
It's the medias
And now it's Fauci and Birx

I think the trend is obvious right now.....it's everybody else's fault.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
The trends by demographic here are repeated in Ontario.

You don't see it happening uniformly across the country because more people come to Quebec and Ontario for university than other provinces.
In Onatrio, the highest detection rates are in the 30-39 are group, followed closely by 60-69 then 50-59 respectively. In Quebec the 20-29 age group does lead the way, but they are followed close by the 40-49 age group with a difference of 1.6% only. So really, blaming kids partying makes no sense.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
If anyone wants access to the raw data my commands collect and store is an ES instance, feel free to PM me your email address so that I can make it available to you. Don't know how useful or interesting that would be, but wanted to throw it out there as an option. Sample document formats for both global QC+MTL data and regional one are shown below. The files are updated daily around noon (unless my cron fails which does happen due to a wonky Google Drive PHP Client SDK at times).

Note the extension has been changed from .json to .txt for the two files I'm uploading as the sample. HFB won't let me upload JSON (for a good reason).

I also store everything as text in ES, hence the double quotes/commas in the numbers. Figured it makes absolutely no difference in performance at such small index sizes.

Attachments

• covid-data-regional.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 1
  • covid-data.txt
    51 KB · Views: 1

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
In Onatrio, the highest detection rates are in the 30-39 are group, followed closely by 60-69 then 50-59 respectively. In Quebec the 20-29 age group does lead the way, but they are followed close by the 40-49 age group with a difference of 1.6% only. So really, blaming kids partying makes no sense.

Now yes, but go back to September when this started and it was 20-29 in Ontario just like here.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
There is no question people are growing tired of the restrictions, the lack of economy for some business owners and all that.

I wonder if we handled things differently and shut down more at first if things would be different now or ultimately as long as the virus exists it will spread and cause damage.

Kind of at a status quo, watching 1000 cases a day again feels discouraging, like we're going in circles.

Of course, many lives were likely saved so thank god for that but I wish there was a way to manage this thing even better rather than still living in the status quo until we get a vaccine, if we get a vaccine.

Reactions: PhysicX

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Interesting graph. 70+ case are spiking while 20-29 are dropping.

This was the fear. A lot of people earlier on were saying that the spike in cases for 20-30 year olds was no biggie because they were unlikely to get very sick or require hospitalization. But as many pointed out, the risk is not for them, it's for the people they would pass it on to. I posted previous graphs here showing the trends indicating a drastic rise in cases for older demographics in more recent cases. Now it's very clear.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
People are not going to get tested anymore, which could mean less people feeling they need to be tested. We still have a high 9% today, in spite of the 787 new cases.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
People are not going to get tested anymore, which could mean less people feeling they need to be tested. We still have a high 9% today, in spite of the 787 new cases.
Yeah. My brother has a few symptoms but nothing serious. Since we pretty much in a lockdown and he's not working. He's just self quarantining for 14 days.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Also says 877 today in quebec, not 787.
There were some false positives in the last 2 days that they subtracted.

I'm so over this shit.
Same. I decided to yolo and I'm going to the Dominican on the 31st. Found a deal for 579$ per person for a 4 star hotel in Punta Cana. The Dominican Republic is paying covid insurance and so is Air Canada. I just need a mental break from everything especially after getting laid off.
Just analyzing the situation this week plus knowing about a bunch of Halloween parties happening next week. Sorta feel like a full lockdown is imminent in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad