OT: Covid-19 (Part 27) Be safe out there (Mod warning on first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Those people are obviously looking for trouble......but the masks debate it's the stupidest debate on the face of the planet.
A collective psychosis right before our eyes. A psychosis is a mental conditions that makes you lose touch with reality and that's exactly what we're seeing.

No doubt about it.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
So do I......I always felt many people were dumb, this Pandemic finally prove me right.
Here's the best of them all.

Pierre Dion, who was also arrested in the past for his comments on social medias.
He's also the one who verbally attack Yves Poirier hier at the protest.
He's very active on youtube thinking he's smart when he's obviously a giant dumbass of the worst kind.

the kind of guy that likes to start his sentences with a beautiful "moé ch'pas raciste la mais..." or an even better "bin j'dirais pas qu'a l'a cherché mais tsé, d'la maniere qu'est amanchée".

Reactions: Milhouse40

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hey guys,

So there's this small privately owned grocery store in my area that hasn't been enforcing mask rules at all. It has been several times now that I saw mask-less customers enter and walk around the store without a single eyebrow raised by the staff.

Is there a phone number I could use to file a formal complaint?

Thanks.

1-800-KEV-EUNE :sarcasm:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Why are you looking at those? Those active cases are counted for and should be in quarantine.
The new daily amount is more indicative of how badly the virus is spreading.

Because everything is linked together. Your active cases got in contact with other peoples before being accounted for, those people may or may not become infected in the following days. You won't see a sustained surge in daily cases if you don't have the active pool to drive the numbers up.

And that's what we are gunning for in mid/long term, we are not in an outbreak right now and we want to keep it that way.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Hey guys,

So there's this small privately owned grocery store in my area that hasn't been enforcing mask rules at all. It has been several times now that I saw mask-less customers enter and walk around the store without a single eyebrow raised by the staff.

Is there a phone number I could use to file a formal complaint?

Thanks.

As silly as it may sound , i think you could call the police a file a complaint.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Because everything is linked together. Your active cases got in contact with other peoples before being accounted for, those people may or may not become infected in the following days. You won't see a sustained surge in daily cases if you don't have the active pool to drive the numbers up.

And that's what we are gunning for in mid/long term, we are not in an outbreak right now and we want to keep it that way.
Meh. Daily cases and death is all I really look at. Daily cases are steady and low, I'm happy.
500 active cases or 50 000...changes nothing to me really as I assume those are at home in quarantine.
I'll worry if we see a steady increase in daily cases again as that would mean there's a lot of people walking around out there spreading it.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Meh. Daily cases and death is all I really look at. Daily cases are steady and low, I'm happy.
500 active cases or 50 000...changes nothing to me really as I assume those are at home in quarantine.
I'll worry if we see a steady increase in daily cases again as that would mean there's a lot of people walking around out there spreading it.

Well the difference is obvious here... and you kinda know it too.

Your 50000 active cases could very much be responsible for says 10000 new cases over the span of a week (Because people only go into isolation once they know they are actually sick and the test result lag behind the beginning of the infectious period). The 500 don't have a shot in hell to create such havoc.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
COVID-19 hospitalization and ICU numbers are looking better and better every day, hopefully it stays that way. Meanwhile, after Montreal yesterday, there was an anti-mask "gé l'doua" protest in Quebec City today with hundreds of participants.

It's been written years ago.....but still relevant today, maybe even more.
I know, not the music for everyone, but it's all about the lyrics...My favorite band (guess it helps I'm in a cover band of them.)

Like I said many time here....Idiocracy

Good song, and yeah definitely still relevant today.

Member of No Effects?

How is the punk scene in Montreal now that Café Chaos and especially Katacombes have closed? COVID-19 must have been awful for bands too.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
COVID-19 hospitalization and ICU numbers are looking better and better every day, hopefully it stays that way. Meanwhile, after Montreal yesterday, there was an anti-mask "gé l'doua" protest in Quebec City today with hundreds of participants.

Good song, and yeah definitely still relevant today.

Member of No Effects?

How is the punk scene in Montreal now that Café Chaos and especially Katacombes have closed? COVID-19 must have been awful for bands too.

I know them but no....we actually do a mix of of Nofx, Lag wagon, No use for a name, Me first (well Fat wreck chords punk band) and the scene is not what it used too.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
COVID-19 must have been awful for bands too.

If anything, Covid has levelled the playing field since most name artists are stuck playing from home just like your average musician, without the benefit of technical wizardry and staff.

This is the time to establish an online presence. It’s the time for someone who is talented, hardworking and who has just enough technical audio and video knowledge, to break through. New acts or unknown acts can make inroads whereas before, the better venues might have been hard to come by for them.

The virtual world is everyone’s only venue now and if you’ve been watching a lot of at home performances by name artists, you might have noticed as I did, that a lot of them don’t sound all that great without their crews and expensive gizmos.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
With people moving about more now, wondering if any of you have ever visited the Lavender fields of Stanstead?

Apparently, it's a pretty stunning sight and you get to experience not just beautiful views but a nice aroma.

83079478_614.jpg

Admission is free this summer: Lavender farm | Bleu Lavande

Lavender in Quebec, is in bloom from June to early August. Someone who's looking for a different kind of backdrop for pics, might particularly enjoy it.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
With people moving about more now, wondering if any of you have ever visited the Lavender fields of Stanstead?

Apparently, it's a pretty stunning sight and you get to experience not just beautiful views but a nice aroma.

83079478_614.jpg

Lavender in Quebec, is in bloom from June to early August. Someone who's looking for a different kind of backdrop for pics, might particularly enjoy it.
We should send Bergevin that is definitely one of his preferred colors.:laugh:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

83079478_614.jpg

Is this real, as in not Photoshopped?? Looks like the pic was taken on an alien planet.

Reactions: groovejuice

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Well the difference is obvious here... and you kinda know it too.

Your 50000 active cases could very much be responsible for says 10000 new cases over the span of a week (Because people only go into isolation once they know they are actually sick and the test result lag behind the beginning of the infectious period). The 500 don't have a shot in hell to create such havoc.

That would be an absolute best case scenario.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If anything, Covid has levelled the playing field since most name artists are stuck playing from home just like your average musician, without the benefit of technical wizardry and staff.

This is the time to establish an online presence. It’s the time for someone who is talented, hardworking and who has just enough technical audio and video knowledge, to break through. New acts or unknown acts can make inroads whereas before, the better venues might have been hard to come by for them.

The virtual world is everyone’s only venue now and if you’ve been watching a lot of at home performances by name artists, you might have noticed as I did, that a lot of them don’t sound all that great without their crews and expensive gizmos.
I was performing a fair amount with my bands before March, but clubs and cafes remain closed, without a word when things may re-open. We had a few scheduled gigs that went down the toilet thanks to Covid. It's some lost cash for me -- music's not my regular job -- but my friends who are full time performers are almost completely out of work. They're on CERB and offering online lessons, but it's tough on them, economically and psychologically.

I'm been having backyard rehearsals with one of my bands. The bass player lives in the 'burbs near me, with a nice terrace that acts as a decent stage. We usually invite a few friends and most seem psyched to hear anything live. Yesterday's rehearsal was rough because of the heat, but we had beer and pizza and everyone had fun. It felt good to connect with an audience, even if it was just 8 or 9 people. I did a few solo recordings in April and May, but connecting on Facebook ain't the same as the real thing.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
So do I......I always felt many people were dumb, this Pandemic finally prove me right.

Pierre Dion, who was also arrested in the past for his comments on social medias.
He's very active on youtube thinking he's smart when he's obviously a giant dumbass of the worst kind.

No joke, I could not finish the video and almost threw my phone on the wall.

It enrages me. We are sadly no better than Americans.
Shameful.
f***ing idiots.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Boisbriand Costco hires security agents to ensure that customers are wearing their masks while they remain on their premises.

I just heard the story on the radio. This guy puts an exaggerated spin on it but he confirms it’s happening:

I imagine other Costcos will follow suit. We’ve all seen customers pretend to wear a mask when they enter a store only to ditch it once they’re in, so clearly this is one retailer that has taken notice.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

It was apparently even worse in Québec yesterday.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Same guy continues his anti-mask milk run by verbally attacking a TVA reporter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad