OT: Covid-19 (Part 27) Be safe out there (Mod warning on first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

f***

Mod: reminder that the blm/police/statues stuff is now off-limit as announced in the last thread. Only political discussion allowed is regarding Covid response.

Last edited by a moderator:

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
107816150_10157079164246898_4597970082000083126_n.jpg

Test more people, accurately count actual deaths caused by covid, and don't stuff covid patients into nursing homes. The mortality rate won't be 1%.

Reactions: Edgy

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

f***

Mod: reminder that the blm/police/statues stuff is now off-limit as announced in the last thread. Only political discussion allowed is regarding Covid response.

How does that work then? The first game is August 1st....that's pretty much two weeks from today so...they quarantine and then, 3 day camp...then elimination round starts??
Lol...What a clusterf***. Such a stupid decisions.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
How does that work then? The first game is August 1st....that's pretty much two weeks from today so...they quarantine and then, 3 day camp...then elimination round starts??
Lol...What a clusterf***. Such a stupid decisions.

And nothing say that there won't be one or more cases in a couple of day too.
Some on twitter are saying that at least 3 players have positive cases so far.

Won't be surprise to see some players say "f*** it" it's not worth it.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
...One would think that ONE forfeited team would throw this whole thing completely.

idk , i hope you are right , but look at the MLS , if i'm not mistaken at least two teams decided to forfeit but their tournament is still on

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
And nothing say that there won't be one or more cases in a couple of day too.
Some on twitter are saying that at least 3 players have positive cases so far.

Won't be surprise to see some players say "f*** it" it's not worth it.

It's just dumb really. People are getting sick, teams are going into an elimination round with players who are nowhere near the top of their game, some might not even have a camp and instead quarantined...How can anybody take this tournament seriously? It'll never mean anything to me really...
I much rather have a change to draft Laf than than win this silly tournament, and that's if it doesn't get canceled first.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
So what now?

Or more importantly are we now entitled to Lafreniere :cool::nod::naughty:
My question is: If a team like the Canadiens forfeit or can't play in the play-ins, would another team take their spot. What happens if a team is unable to attend the play-ins due to coronavirus?

If another team takes our spot, would we then lose out on getting Lafreniere?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It's just dumb really. People are getting sick, teams are going into an elimination round with players who are nowhere near the top of their game, some might not even have a camp and instead quarantined...How can anybody take this tournament seriously? It'll never mean anything to me really...
I much rather have a change to draft Laf than than win this silly tournament, and that's if it doesn't get canceled first.

Because you might lose 2-3 players to covid but otherwise you would've lost them to injury. Some guys had a shitload of time to recover from injuries and most people should be good. Covid is also temporary.

So with a right training camp the number of players is not an excuse.

Will the level of play be equal? I don't know. Unlikely, then again some players will know they can go all out because they don't have 82 games+playoffs in front of them, just playoffs.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
My question is: If a team like the Canadiens forfeit or can't play in the play-ins, would another team take their spot. What happens if a team is unable to attend the play-ins due to coronavirus?

Why would a team be unable to attend? We have backup players. It would take half the team being sick and even then its a 2 week process. We'd be delayed at best.

The bigger issue is if covid continues to happen even past the hub city implementation. If cases pop up randomly during play the whole playoffs need to be shut down.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

No why would that be any logical?
Sabres would be the next team in line. If they play and lose they retain 8 if they win they get 16 and pens get 8. Habs remain in the running for 1

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
...One would think that ONE forfeited team would throw this whole thing completely.
I’m not so sure, I don’t know what would stop the NHL from just booting the habs from the play-in and allowing the Pens to qualify for the playoffs.

they have pulled enough rules and regulations out of their ass already. And they see their dollar signs. Look at MLS removing Nashville and Dallas from their return to play tournament.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
A Finn coming in peace. It's hard to see how they could get through this in a sensible and a safe way. If there's 2-3 players with covid that means there's a great chance there's actually several more present or on the way. Testing is not always accurate and in any case it often takes time until they turn positive. Some of the players are probably spreading the virus right now.

The training camp is tough so who knows how training with the virus will affect their healths. We've already learned surprisingly many get permant lung, neurological and even brain damage.

I've also never bought the "players have a choice" thing. Some players are worried about the coming contracts, some are worried they'll be seen in a different light by their teammates and fans. I'm only writing this one message, I wish you guys all the best in hockey, but especially in the health side!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Because you might lose 2-3 players to covid but otherwise you would've lost them to injury. Some guys had a shitload of time to recover from injuries and most people should be good. Covid is also temporary.

So with a right training camp the number of players is not an excuse.

Will the level of play be equal? I don't know. Unlikely, then again some players will know they can go all out because they don't have 82 games+playoffs in front of them, just playoffs.

What do you mean ''otherwise''? You think players who get sick magically prevents others from injuries?
This isn't a covid vs injuries situation, it's covid + injuries.
Players will get injured as well, and probably at a higher rate considering how unprepared some will be.
You're not making a whole lot of sense here, not to mention, injuries aren't contagious..

It's not about going all out, it's more about finding the chemistry and your groove back, sharpening your reflexes, etc.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
That's what i thought too , but the NHL keep pushing their idea like it's gonna happend no matter what.
Bettman is smarter than that, he desperately wants a season but he can't risk the potential death of a player or players for the sake of some extra revenue. If that were to happen it would be the wrong kind of PR for a league that is already badly trailing in popularity south of the border.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Alright, so since the Habs and the NHL won’t tell us, who got infected? Which of our players went to Mile Public House Dix30?

#worstdayinhabshistory :sarcasm:

(All these sports tournaments/playoffs are getting more and more ridiculous)

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad