OT: Covid-19 (Part 27) Be safe out there (Mod warning on first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Montreal (July 26th)

- CASES -
July 20th: 28,075 (+75)
July 21st: 28,167 (+92)
July 22nd: 28,228 (+61)
July 23rd: 28,274 (+46)
July 24th: 28,340 (+66)
July 25th: 28,425 (+85)
July 26th: 28,475 (+50)

- DEATHS -
July 20th: 3,434 (+0)
July 21st: 3,434 (+0)
July 22nd: 3,434 (+0)
July 23rd: 3,434 (+0)
July 24th: 3,434 (+0)
July 25th: 3,434 (+0)
July 26th: 3,434 (+0)​

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ

The cream of our society.....

65% of the population have a standard IQ
There's around 16% with a high IQ
The rest have a lower IQ than the rest of the population.

Now those with the lower IQ are trying to tell us that the 65% are sheep because they decided to follow the smarter 16% who are dumbass and they are the geniuses.
What a world we're living in.

It hurts me just watching it , i'm slowly losing faith in humanity when i'm seeing things like that.We are in the covid situation only for a few months , but can you guys imagine if it,s still going on a year from now ? Those Tweets are just the tip of the iceberg get ready to see a lot worst .

:facepalm:Batême le monde me décourage

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
It hurts me just watching it , i'm slowly losing faith in humanity when i'm seeing things like that.We are in the covid situation only for a few months , but can you guys imagine if it,s still going on a year from now ? Those Tweets are just the tip of the iceberg get ready to see a lot worst .

Yep, and you can’t bet these idiots will double down in the future, even as evidence grows on ways to handle the pandemic - protection, treatment, vaccine. They’ll be contrarian the whole way.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The last time Quebec was administering about 15,000-16,000 tests per day in May/June, there were about 900 cases per day. Now with the same amount of tests administered, there are about 5 times less cases.
And, as you keep mentioning, hospitalizations and ICU numbers continue to drop. Even with the small uptick in cases, hardly anyone is getting really sick.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

65% of the population have a standard IQ
There's around 16% with a high IQ
The rest have a lower IQ than the rest of the population.

Now those with the lower IQ are trying to tell us that the 65% are sheep because they decided to follow the smarter 16% who are dumbass and they are the geniuses.
What a world we're living in.

What a dumbass. :baghead:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
And, as you keep mentioning, hospitalizations and ICU numbers continue to drop. Even with the small uptick in cases, hardly anyone is getting really sick.

I think our key metric now is the number of active cases, which is the springboard for any potential new outbreak.

From June to mid-July we had a steady decline in active cases with daily recovery >> daily new case, but the trend reversed after the 2nd week of July and active cases are starting to pile up again. We still have to wait another week to see the real effect of the mask mandate, hopefully it will be enough, and we will see a sharp decrease in active cases once again.

Reactions: Lshap

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014

Our Medical Officer of Health at the District of Simcoe-Muskoka has already publicly stated that the mandatory masks bylaw will likely be for more than a year... and we just started 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: Frenchy

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

So do I......I always felt many people were dumb, this Pandemic finally prove me right.
Here's the best of them all.

Pierre Dion, who was also arrested in the past for his comments on social medias.
He's also the one who verbally attack Yves Poirier hier at the protest.
He's very active on youtube thinking he's smart when he's obviously a giant dumbass of the worst kind.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think our key metric now is the number of active cases, which is the springboard for any potential new outbreak.

From June to mid-July we had a steady decline in active cases with daily recovery >> daily new case, but the trend reversed after the 2nd week of July and active cases are starting to pile up again. We still have to wait another week to see the real effect of the mask mandate, hopefully it will be enough, and we will see a sharp decrease in active cases once again.
They haven't really increased all that much. We're still hovering around the 150 mark, that's great considering the protests that happened with no social distancing weeks ago, and restaurants reopening for a couple weeks already too. To make it worse, we had a few bars that were frequented by covid positive people, yet the numbers haven't climbed up drastically.

The numbers are very encouraging so far.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
They haven't really increased all that much. We're still hovering around the 150 mark, that's great considering the protests that happened with no social distancing weeks ago, and restaurants reopening for a couple weeks already too. To make it worse, we had a few bars that were frequented by covid positive people, yet the numbers haven't climbed up drastically.

The numbers are very encouraging so far.

That's daily cases, not active cases.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So do I......I always felt many people were dumb, this Pandemic finally prove me right.
Here's the best of them all.

Pierre Dion, who was also arrested in the past for his comments on social medias.
He's also the one who verbally attack Yves Poirier hier at the protest.
He's very active on youtube thinking he's smart when he's obviously a giant dumbass of the worst kind.

The guy waiting in line should have thrown the bigot’s phone on top of the SAQ roof.

Completely sad and unnecessary but as in the US, masks are being used as a convenient excuse for cavemen to crawl out of their holes.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yep, and you can’t bet these idiots will double down in the future, even as evidence grows on ways to handle the pandemic - protection, treatment, vaccine. They’ll be contrarian the whole way.

Nature will respond by having extra arms growing on our bodies, to help us perpetually facepalm ...

38b2SpW.gif

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The guy waiting in line should have thrown the bigot’s phone on top of the SAQ roof.

Completely sad and unnecessary but as in the US, masks are being used as a convenient excuse for cavemen to crawl out of their holes.

Those people are obviously looking for trouble......but the masks debate it's the stupidest debate on the face of the planet.
A collective psychosis right before our eyes. A psychosis is a mental conditions that makes you lose touch with reality and that's exactly what we're seeing.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Make it a law, like for seat belts, with hefty fines. It might change their minds, at least what little they possess when their wallet is targeted.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Those people are obviously looking for trouble......but the masks debate it's the stupidest debate on the face of the planet.
A collective psychosis right before our eyes. A psychosis is a mental conditions that makes you lose touch with reality and that's exactly what we're seeing.

At times like these, we need a martial arts expert disguised as a Covid mascot, whose job it is to be dispatched where there is caveman trouble brewing.

We could even dub the Quebec version of the mascot, Ovide Covide. :sarcasm:

Also, if you’re one of those people in masks waiting in line at a store and you’re being filmed by an insulting caveman, you should have one of those strobe or laser devices that you point at the caveman’s phone so that his video turns out the type of indecipherable images that perfectly complement his voice-over gibberish.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

It can’t be that these mask objectors are just born spontaneously out of the pandemic. I’m betting most are like that Dion character who has a history of confrontation and public mischief. I read how he was banned on Facebook but somehow, he survives on YouTube.

Also, he seems undaunted by legal consequences. People like that know how to exploit the system. A similar US specimen, might have been armed to the teeth. That’s probably the only saving grace, if you had to look for one.

Reactions: Milhouse40

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Hey guys,

So there's this small privately owned grocery store in my area that hasn't been enforcing mask rules at all. It has been several times now that I saw mask-less customers enter and walk around the store without a single eyebrow raised by the staff.

Is there a phone number I could use to file a formal complaint?

Thanks.

Reactions: Forum93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad